8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

As if everyone here doesn't know what drives you. Well most everyone. Fox has Tucker Carlson and SC has its own Tucker.

What am I saying that is even the least bit hyperbolic?  I just share NOAA, IPCC climate data, clips from Biden’s climate change summit and perspective from one of Obama’s top scientists.  Why are panties bunched and hair set ablaze for something so self evident?  I truly fear for your sanity if this months climate data shows continued cooling.

Edited by brenthutch

40 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Seems to be working out with Texas.  Fewer dead and more folks employed as a percentage than California 

(you know you have lost the argument when you invoke mythical creatures from a sci-fi tv show)

Oh, blow it out of your Covid mask. I, for one, laughed when I read it and the face of a Ferengi flashed in my mind. He was being both clever and funny either one of which would up your game.

(edited)
7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I couldn’t care less about a TV personality.  I was focusing on the climate experts Biden choose to highlight and the fact that one of Obama’s chief science guys says climate change is a non-problem.  If that same information was presented by a midget in a bikini it would be no less relevant (apologies to South Park)

https://nypost.com/2021/04/24/obama-admin-scientist-says-climate-emergency-is-based-on-fallacy/

Is that better?

What do you, I and micheal moore have in common? 

Is Al Gore a prophet, depends on how you spell it.

Edited by richravizza

13 hours ago, jakee said:

Oh yeah, you’re totally not sexist at all. How could anyone ever have thought otherwise.

I don't think you know my sister, LOL. 

Do you recognize your lines of assertion, about me?

Your instinctive reactions revert to identity politic. 

So now, I'm a sexist, ya that's the ticket 

So this comedian is boring, not because he's White, or Persian, but because he's a man, I stand corrected.

Round #2  Bill Maher.

51 minutes ago, richravizza said:

So this comedian is boring, not because he's White, or Persian, but because he's a man, I stand corrected.

Literally no-one made a comment about a comedian, boring or otherwise. You are making up parts of this conversation entirely in your own head and then arguing against them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

By pushing western democracies to adapt draconian (and pointless) measures to reduce CO2 while giving China a pass does threaten the economic growth of those countries, especially vis a vis China.

So you do care and are giving credence to the opinion of an Australian bikini midget TV presenter? His message was what you wanted to convey?

And again, how can you be criticising Biden so harshly for having people suggest a non-Eurocentric approach when literally the exact thing you just bitched about above is a Eurocentric approach?

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

What am I saying that is even the least bit hyperbolic?  

Biden is a threat to western civilisation. 

Seriously bro, if your memory is this bad you might want to see a doctor.

I just share NOAA, IPCC climate data, clips from Biden’s climate change summit and perspective from one of Obama’s top scientists. 

That's just a lie. That's not just what you do. You share things from crazy right wing media personalities too, then attempt to both stand by their opinions while simultaneousy denying you ever did it.

Which again, is really odd behaviour. You're not fooling anyone, and the only person looking dumb as a result is you.... so what's the point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

I don't think you know my sister, LOL. 

Well duh. So tell me, what is it about the way she argues after a few glasses of wine that is specifically indicative of the way a woman thinks?

So now, I'm a sexist, ya that's the ticket 

Ya. You just tried to burn Joe by saying he argues so badly he sounds like a woman. What else would you call that?

11 hours ago, jakee said:

I'm not sure what coud better illustrate the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of modern right wing politics.

I believe Owens  was the only Female to voice her disgust with the Cardi B thing, you know the WAP being the moral bankruptcy of the Left.The play by play was interesting.

Wouldn't you agree Owens dominated the moral high ground.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Seems to be working out with Texas.  Fewer dead and more folks employed as a percentage than California 

(you know you have lost the argument when you invoke mythical creatures from a sci-fi tv show)

California 1557 deaths per million population.

Texas 1733 deaths per million population.

(you know you have lost the argument when you lie about readily available facts)

(edited)
1 hour ago, richravizza said:

I believe Owens  was the only Female to voice her disgust with the Cardi B thing, you know the WAP being the moral bankruptcy of the Left.The play by play was interesting.

Wouldn't you agree Owens dominated the moral high ground.

I have no idea what the Cardi B thing is and I don’t know what WAP means. Is it one of the key responsibilities of the office of the Vice President?

Edited by jakee

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Wow two responses to one post!  I really must have struck a nerve.

I know you love it, but I just clicked "post" too early and couldn't be bothered to edit :rofl: 

I just share NOAA, IPCC climate data,

IPCC climate models that you refused to discuss? (because you had no idea what they were about)

I truly fear for your sanity if this months climate data shows continued cooling.

So when did this cooling start? Starting from 2020, one of the hottest years on record?

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Biden is a threat to western civilisation. 

Seriously bro, if your memory is this bad you might want to see a doctor.

It's probably time to call a nursing home. Retired, memory only goes back to 2020 and keeps forgetting stuff that he himself said much more recently.

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

I have no idea what the Cardi B thing is and I don’t know what WAP means. Is it one of the key responsibilities of the office of the Vice President?

WAP stands for “wet ass pussy” you will have to contact the VP’s office to see if that still falls under her area of responsibility.

Edited by brenthutch

3 hours ago, jakee said:

It's a pop music thing.

"WAP" stands for 'wet ass pussy'.

Cardi B is the artist, and did a (fully dressed) imitation of lesbian sex with another female artist on stage at the Grammy awards show.
The conservatives went nuts (predictably).

Funny how the word 'pussy' is offensive when preceded by 'wet ass', yet not so when preceded by 'grab them by the'.
Yet the first implies consensual activity, while the second is pretty clearly a crime.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:
Funny how the word 'pussy' is offensive when preceded by 'wet ass', yet not so when preceded by 'grab them by the'.
Yet the first implies consensual activity, while the second is pretty clearly a crime.

I’m pretty sure saying you could grab them by their pussy is no more a crime than saying “I could shoot somebody and not loose any voters” is a crime.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Ya. You just tried to burn Joe by saying he argues so badly he sounds like a woman. What else would you call that?

you or i might say misogynistic, but it has a few syllables and a lot of letters.  a bit hard for some folks to understand.  i like using the big words to confuse them and put the explanation in parentheses to piss them off.  haven't had one yet pick up on it.  you should try it, it's a fun way to amuse yourself in a discussion as asinine as this.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

WAP stands for “wet ass pussy” you will have to contact the VP’s office to see if that still falls under her area of responsibility.

Ok, so from what I can see Candace went on Fox to call the Grammies performance ‘the end of the American empire’ (lol, I can see why you like her so much) and then threatened to sue when Cardi made fun of her on Twitter in response?

Look, I get that you republicans love trying to force PC behaviour on others. I get that trying to cancel people you disagree with has been the rights favourite tactic as far back as McCarthy. But do you really agree with Rich that Candace Owens is a prime candidate for VP purely because she tried to cancel a rapper in response to a stage show at an awards ceremony?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jakee said:

Ok, so from what I can see Candace went on Fox to call the Grammies performance ‘the end of the American empire’ (lol, I can see why you like her so much) and then threatened to sue when Cardi made fun of her on Twitter in response?

Look, I get that you republicans love trying to force PC behaviour on others. I get that trying to cancel people you disagree with has been the rights favourite tactic as far back as McCarthy. But do you really agree with Rich that Candace Owens is a prime candidate for VP purely because she tried to cancel a rapper in response to a stage show at an awards ceremony?

If Trump can be President anybody can.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure saying you could grab them by their pussy is no more a crime than saying “I could shoot somebody and not loose any voters” is a crime.

True, a male president saying he can grab women by the pussy is a show of strength, while a black female singing about a wet ass pussy is the end of the American empire.

Why are you so scared of women?

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

True, a male president saying he can grab women by the pussy is a show of strength, while a black female singing about a wet ass pussy is the end of the American empire.

Why are you so scared of women?

There are some things you don't say out loud publicly. Trump bragged about pussy grabbing in a conversation he thought would remain private. He had no idea at the time it would make him a hero of the right. Cardi B on the other hand made a public show of her sexuality. Making her a hero of the left. Can you see the difference? One is about being sneaky and hiding things and the other is about openness and honesty.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If Trump can be President anybody can.

Pathetic dodge noted.

You said she was a perfect example of someone who should be VP. Rich agreed, and said that the thing which made her so impressive is her ongoing feud with a rapper and criticism of a song.

So do you agree with Rich? Is it her trying to cancel Cardi B that makes you think she should be considered for VP? Because so far the only things you’ve come up with are that she’s conservative and literate.