8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The Oval Office.  It’s a bit of a play on words.  Harris...Heiress

Play on words? School yard play on words would be more apt. No matter, you liked it or you wouldn't have parroted it. And what you liked was that it denigrates her; it reduces her to gold digger status and presupposes that she is illegitimate. The entire goal, obviously, is to prepare the ground against the day she assumes the Presidency should Biden become unable. Plainly and simply it is low brow bullshit and you should be using your intelligence to raise the level of discourse here and not just fire torpedos for the fun of it.

53 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Plainly and simply it is low brow bullshit and you should be using your intelligence to raise the level of discourse here and not just fire torpedos for the fun of it.

Uh Uh. After four years of potshots at Pence, Trump, and every other R in the same name-calling vain on here by liberals; no scolding allowed. Lead by example.

Bullets. He was in the Army. Bullets.  

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Play on words? School yard play on words would be more apt. No matter, you liked it or you wouldn't have parroted it. And what you liked was that it denigrates her; it reduces her to gold digger status and presupposes that she is illegitimate. The entire goal, obviously, is to prepare the ground against the day she assumes the Presidency should Biden become unable. Plainly and simply it is low brow bullshit and you should be using your intelligence to raise the level of discourse here and not just fire torpedos for the fun of it.

Come on man, I was just having fun, a dad joke if you will.  My son’s first communion was a scrambled mess this past Saturday, I told my Catholic wife that it looked like Mass confusion, we got new carpet installed yesterday and today, I asked my wife what day it was she said Tuesday I said no it was carpet diem, my son asked me what was something that was easy tonight at dinner, I told him Sunday morning.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Uh Uh. After four years of potshots at Pence, Trump, and every other R in the same name-calling vain on here by liberals; no scolding allowed. Lead by example.

Come on Keith, calling a newly elected female Vice President, our first, an "heiress" is denigrating. If you want a world where everyone of ability has a chance you should be not just offended but appalled. 

10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Come on man, I was just having fun, a dad joke if you will.  My son’s first communion was a scrambled mess this past Saturday, I told my Catholic wife that it looked like Mass confusion, we got new carpet installed yesterday and today, I asked my wife what day it was she said Tuesday I said no it was carpet diem, my son asked me what was something that was easy tonight at dinner, I told him Sunday morning.

Please read my reply to Keith. Do you want a world where a female with real accomplishments can be the Vice President of the United States of America? If so, then lead from the front by leaving the denigrating jokes behind. If you are clever there are many other ways to make a joke.

Just now, JoeWeber said:

Please read my reply to Keith. Do you want a world where a female with real accomplishments can be the Vice President of the United States of America? If so, then lead from the front by leaving the denigrating jokes behind. If you are clever there are many other ways to make a joke.

What are her accomplishments?  Sleeping with Willie Brown to advance her carrier?  Failing at a political bid? (never even getting one vote in a caucus or primary) Or being picked by a white male politician to be his VP because of her mixed race and gender?  Candice Owens? Yes! Condoleezza Rice? Yes!  A political Cardi B? Count me out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What are her accomplishments?  Sleeping with Willie Brown to advance her carrier?  Failing at a political bid? (never even getting one vote in a caucus or primary) Or being picked by a white male politician to be his VP because of her mixed race and gender?  Candice Owens? Yes! Condoleezza Rice? Yes!  A political Cardi B? Count me out.

Don't be such a Brent. She was Attorney General of California for six years, a United States Senator for 4 years and has a Law Degree.  Please compare your accomplishments to hers for our edification.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't be such a Brent. She was Attorney General of California for six years, a United States Senator for 4 years and has a Law Degree.  Please compare your accomplishments to hers for our edification.

You got me there, while I do have the same level of post graduate education, I never slept with a politician to advance my career.  Oh, and I never leveraged my race or gender.  And she never ran a private enterprise.

Be honest, do you really think that someone with her identical resume, who wasn’t a woman or a minority would have ever been considered?

Of course not, so her “qualifications” come down to her ethnicity and her gender.  
Hardly a good example for our children.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Come on Keith, calling a newly elected female Vice President, our first, an "heiress" is denigrating. If you want a world where everyone of ability has a chance you should be not just offended but appalled. 

Why is that not the case for every elected official regardless of gender.

Edited by BIGUN

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

When the King(President) can no longer function, leadership falls to the heir (VP)

Strange analogy but okay. I guess all previous Vice Presidents must fall into that category then. I’m going with Heirald Ford for my veep play on words.

57 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You got me there, while I do have the same level of post graduate education, I never slept with a politician to advance my career.  Oh, and I never leveraged my race or gender.  And she never ran a private enterprise.

Be honest, do you really think that someone with her identical resume, who wasn’t a woman or a minority would have ever been considered?

Of course not, so her “qualifications” come down to her ethnicity and her gender.  
Hardly a good example for our children.

You have a Doctorate?  I didn't know. Also, please let us all know the details of the private enterprise you ran. And while we're at it, do you think it would be beneficial to have 9 white Christian men on our Supreme Court or, if it were your call, would you try to mix it up a bit?

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

The "Potshots" at Pence, Trump and the rest of the Rs were attacks on their ACTIONS. Their BEHAVIORS
I repeatedly called Trump the "Mango Mussolini" becuase anyone with any understanding of history could see his blatant attempts at formenting a dictatorship, empowered by the "MAGA morons." It culminated in his incitement of an attempt to overthrow the government and reject the election.

Please point out what Harris has done that merits the 'Heiress' nametag.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The "Potshots" at Pence, Trump and the rest of the Rs were attacks on their ACTIONS. Their BEHAVIORS
I repeatedly called Trump the "Mango Mussolini" becuase anyone with any understanding of history could see his blatant attempts at formenting a dictatorship, empowered by the "MAGA morons." It culminated in his incitement of an attempt to overthrow the government and reject the election.

Foul. You took potshots at characteristics and traits, not just actions or behaviors. 

According to the Oxford dictionary: "a woman who is legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death."

Having said that, I/we know it's not what he meant based on his comment of "Harreiss." He's on his own for that. But, liberals can't act as though they haven't crossed that line over the years either and suddenly act "appalled."   

Edited by BIGUN

10 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Foul. You took potshots at characteristics and traits, not just actions or behaviors. 

According to the Oxford dictionary: "a woman who is legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death."

Having said that, I/we know it's not what he meant based on his comment of "Harreiss." He's on his own for that. But, liberals can't act as though they haven't crossed that line over the years either and suddenly act "appalled."   

You're right Keith. Brent and every other troll on this site gets a free pass because someone somewhere somehow might have said something sometime about someone. Good catch.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Come now.  Slut-shaming is one of the original ways to attack women who intimidate men.  "She must have slept her way to the top, because there is NO WAY a woman is better than me!"

(edited)
3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Considering that this is the Biden critic thread and all I am going to have to side with the opposition on this one. There is a certain word play between Harris and heiress and the VP does inherit the position. So although there is a side order of misogyny along with the pun, overall it is fairly clever. So clever in fact that I'm certain our resident troll did not make it up. Now, if Joe Weber had said it I would give him writing credit.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

What are her accomplishments?  Sleeping with Willie Brown to advance her carrier? 

Funny how your response to being accused of sexism is to be more sexist.

Failing at a political bid? (never even getting one vote in a caucus or primary) Or being picked by a white male politician to be his VP because of her mixed race and gender?  

Does this mean Pence was picked by a white man because he was a white man?

Candice Owens? Yes!

Lol, right. Explain to me the achievements of Owens that make her objectively more qualified and prepared for office than Harris. Bonus point if you can learn enough about her to spell her name correctly.

• Like 2