8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Ask any of them 6 weeks ago if there are any circumstances in which a current President’s house should be raided by law enforcement and they’d have laughed you out of the building.

6 weeks ago they probably would have laughed you out of the building, if you asked if there was any circumstance in which a drag queen could hold a seat in the House.

18 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Sky,

What I am liking is that Kevin McCarthy & Jim Jordan, are now completely silent on this since the Pence document situation has been in the news.

Jerry Baumchen

But not Elise Stefanik. She see's no comparison to the horror that is Biden's transgressions: 

"In the case of Vice President Mike Pence, he came forward and proactively reached out and is following the process. In the case of Joe Biden, he has had classified documents going back to his time in the Senate where he started serving before I was born. So this is a long-standing national security threat," Stefanik said.

and

"Well, let's highlight the difference here in what the consequences have been. You had the FBI raid Mar-a-Lago. You did not see any of that happen for President Joe Biden who illegally did this," Stefanik added.

"What also is different is President Trump as president has the right to declassify documents," Stefanik claimed. "So the media should cover the fact that the FBI has been weaponized against President Trump and clearly has covered up for sitting President Joe Biden."

The blatant hypocricy of these people is gobsmacking. Horrendous challenges on the world stage, potentially life altering for all alive, staring us all in the eye and these pathetic demagogues can't abstain from being stupidly petty for a single moment. And it's not just in America, it's everywhere. Surely this condition marks the denouement of human civilization.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Well, let's highlight the difference here in what the consequences have been. You had the FBI raid Mar-a-Lago. You did not see any of that happen for President Joe Biden who illegally did this," Stefanik added.

I am sure that if Biden had not allowed searches or had ignored subpoenas his house would have been raided too. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I am sure that if Biden had not allowed searches or had ignored subpoenas his house would have been raided too. 

That's the problem in a nutshell: reality is not obvious to too many. This will sound a bit Winsoresque but the wealth gap is apparently not half the problem of the smarts gap.

Edited by JoeWeber

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That's the problem in a nutshell: reality is not obvious to too many. This will sound a bit Winsoresque but the wealth gap is apparently not half the problem of the smarts gap.

You may find the wealth gap and the smarts gap are related. Those with a cynical bend might argue it has been on purpose.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

You may find the wealth gap and the smarts gap are related. Those with a cynical bend might argue it has been on purpose.

Sure they are, just as things attached to the planet and things that float off into outer space are related. The problem is the system of document classification and subsequent control. The US system is shit, obviously. Hence, all offenders should get a pass while (and I have no high hopes) we get our act together.

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The Senate Intel Committee is being stonewalled by the administration. So much for being the most transparent administration in history.

Do you mean by the Justice Department not providing criminal investigation information to the people who are currently under investigation?

• Like 1

The Justice Department has a long standing policy not to release non-public information to congress on pending or active investigations unless they pertain to National Security.

I believe your constitution says something about separations of powers between the 3 branches of government? Why is it that people like you seem to only understand you get to have guns, misunderstand the free speech part and know nothing else about your constitution?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

The Justice Department has a long standing policy not to release non-public information to congress on pending or active investigations unless they pertain to National Security.

And how do we know it doesn’t pertain to National Security?  Isn’t that the job of the Senate Intelligence Committee to make that determination?

(edited)
11 hours ago, lippy said:

No, it isn’t….regardless of what Fox tells you. 

It’s not what Fox said, it is what Senator Mark Warner (D) head of the Senate intel committee said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/25/politics/warner-rubio-senate-intelligence-classified-documents/index.html

Edited by brenthutch

10 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It’s not what Fox said, it is what Senator Mark Warner (D) head of the Senate intel committee said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/25/politics/warner-rubio-senate-intelligence-classified-documents/index.html

Do you think the Special Prosecutor should be allowed to finish their jobs? Or do you think Congress should be allowed to frustrate and possibly invalidate ongoing investigations?

(edited)
46 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Do you think the Special Prosecutor should be allowed to finish their jobs? Or do you think Congress should be allowed to frustrate and possibly invalidate ongoing investigations?

I think Congress should have access to what it needs to perform its oversight duty.  There is no reason to assume a committee, lead by a Democrat, would invalidate an ongoing investigation. Are you worried about what they might find?

Edited by brenthutch

43 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I think Congress should have access to what it needs to perform its oversight duty.  There is no reason to assume a committee, lead by a Democrat, would invalidate an ongoing investigation. Are you worried about what they might find?

Of course there is a reason and it really makes no difference which party is in the lead. The reason is that you don’t want to prejudice ongoing investigations. This has been the case for many many decades now. 

I know you understand that this is all political or you would be asking for these committees to investigate the Durham investigation. 

14 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Of course there is a reason and it really makes no difference which party is in the lead. The reason is that you don’t want to prejudice ongoing investigations. This has been the case for many many decades now. 

I know you understand that this is all political or you would be asking for these committees to investigate the Durham investigation. 

No one is asking for an investigation of the investigation. The intel committee just wants to know about the nature of the documents that were discovered.

An interesting side note.  A Hunter Biden email was discovered to have had language remarkably similar to that of an intelligence briefing and atypical of his writing style.  That is why the oversight committee needs to have access to the documents, so they can assess the whether or not national security has been jeopardized.

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No one is asking for an investigation of the investigation. The intel committee just wants to know about the nature of the documents that were discovered.

An interesting side note.  A Hunter Biden email was discovered to have had language remarkably similar to that of an intelligence briefing and atypical of his writing style.  That is why the oversight committee needs to have access to the documents, so they can assess the whether or not national security has been jeopardized.

People should be asking questions about the Durham investigation. Such as why wasn't a declination memo issued for the criminal investigation Durham led into Trump. The law for Special Prosecutors states such a declination memo has to be written. 

When spillage occurs, the DOJ does a threat assessment. I am sure such a threat assessment is currently ongoing. I am also sure that if such a threat has immediate national security concerns, congress will be briefed as has pretty much always been the case.

The fact you are only focusing on Hunter Biden shows enough I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

People should be asking questions about the Durham investigation. Such as why wasn't a declination memo issued for the criminal investigation Durham led into Trump. The law for Special Prosecutors states such a declination memo has to be written. 

When spillage occurs, the DOJ does a threat assessment. I am sure such a threat assessment is currently ongoing. I am also sure that if such a threat has immediate national security concerns, congress will be briefed as has pretty much always been the case.

The fact you are only focusing on Hunter Biden shows enough I think.

I think Joe, giving Hunter access to classified information should concern us all.

BTW it would be the best thing since Ronald Reagan for the GOP, if Trump were to be locked up.

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I think Joe, giving Hunter access to classified information should concern us all.

BTW it would be the best thing since Ronald Reagan for the GOP, if Trump were to be locked up.

Yes, just like Jared Kushner not being able to pass a security clearance investigation and Trump giving him one anyways should have concerned people. But you were silent at the time. You were also silent when MBS specifically stated Jared Kushner gave him intelligence information that allowed him to lock up those who didn't agree with him. Jared Kushner has since been given $2 billion dollars. You were all silent throughout this.

So, we know you don't really care about Hunter's laptop, or maybe Joe giving information to Hunter. You care about scoring political points. If you cared about the actual issues, you would have spoken up about many more things.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

End result? The Abraham Accords 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Accords

I'd give Jared some credit if he actually came up with the compromise, but he didn't.

I will however note that you are clearly fine with peddling intelligence information for personal gain, just as long as something else positive also happens. Once again, you are showing that this is political for you and has nothing to do with National Security. 

• Like 5

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I will however note that you are clearly fine with peddling intelligence information for personal gain, just as long as something else positive also happens. Once again, you are showing that this is political for you and has nothing to do with National Security. 

Did you catch the topic of this thread?

Edited by brenthutch