8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

33 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Don't forget that Trump refused to go to the ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the end of World War 1 because...

It was raining.

Well, according to him, those veterans were "suckers" and "losers."  Why should he honor them when it's raining out?

39 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Don't forget that Trump refused to go to the ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the end of World War 1 because...

It was raining.

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well, according to him, those veterans were "suckers" and "losers."  Why should he honor them when it's raining out?

Oh Hell! Has anyone forgot "Trump Giddily Praises ‘Genius’ Putin as Russia Sends Troops Into Ukraine"  " trump direct quote“I said, ‘This is genius,'” Trump said on a right-wing podcast. “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force. … We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re going to keep the peace all right. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy … I know him very well. Very, very well.”

The "participation" trophy crowd gets another undeserved gift, and those that work hard and make wise financial decisions get screwed over. Another Biden administration gift.

The Loan Level Price Adjustment fee has been around for 15 years and is an adder to the interest rate of the loan. It's a "risk" fee assessed based on the loan to value ratio, credit score, type of property, loan purpose, etc., basically an insurance premium to cover loan risk. Historically, the best way to reduce that fee was to have a good credit score.

Effective May 1 the LLPA rules changed. The fee for those with lower credit scores and lower down payments was reduced, and for those with higher credit scores and down payments it was increased. If your credit score is 740 or higher your fees went up to subsidize the low credit score peeps. Those with low credit scores and lower down payments will receive better mortgage rates than they otherwise would have received while those with higher scores will get higher mortgage rates.

There's no actual change in the risk of the loans. It's a shift of the loan risk from historically risky loans to less risky loans. The LLPA effects new loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and, luckily, not for the other 40% of loans. Basically, the spread on fees between low and high credit scores will be smaller. This shift in risk, for financially responsible peeps, will cost thousands over the life of the loan.

It's interesting that the new rules are opposed by both Democrats and Republicans including Pres Obama's former Federal Housing Administrator, and by financial officials in 27 states. 

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

The "participation" trophy crowd gets another undeserved gift, and those that work hard and make wise financial decisions get screwed over. Another Biden administration gift.

The Loan Level Price Adjustment fee has been around for 15 years and is an adder to the interest rate of the loan. It's a "risk" fee assessed based on the loan to value ratio, credit score, type of property, loan purpose, etc., basically an insurance premium to cover loan risk. Historically, the best way to reduce that fee was to have a good credit score.

Effective May 1 the LLPA rules changed. The fee for those with lower credit scores and lower down payments was reduced, and for those with higher credit scores and down payments it was increased. If your credit score is 740 or higher your fees went up to subsidize the low credit score peeps. Those with low credit scores and lower down payments will receive better mortgage rates than they otherwise would have received while those with higher scores will get higher mortgage rates.

There's no actual change in the risk of the loans. It's a shift of the loan risk from historically risky loans to less risky loans. The LLPA effects new loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and, luckily, not for the other 40% of loans. Basically, the spread on fees between low and high credit scores will be smaller. This shift in risk, for financially responsible peeps, will cost thousands over the life of the loan.

It's interesting that the new rules are opposed by both Democrats and Republicans including Pres Obama's former Federal Housing Administrator, and by financial officials in 27 states. 

Yeah...

Another lie from the right.

Why am I not terribly surprised.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/04/28/biden-mortgage-fees/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billeisele said:

The fee for those with lower credit scores and lower down payments was reduced, and for those with higher credit scores and down payments it was increased. 

From Snopes: "Higher-credit-score borrowers are not being charged more so that lower-credit-score borrowers can pay less."

Sounds like you are yet another victim of FOX News misinformation.  (Or as republicans refer to them, "alternative facts.")

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

From Snopes: "Higher-credit-score borrowers are not being charged more so that lower-credit-score borrowers can pay less."

Sounds like you are yet another victim of FOX News misinformation.  (Or as republicans refer to them, "alternative facts.")

Did that low shot make you feel better about yourself? The change happened after Joe Biden was born and before Hunter Biden went to jail. Hence, depending on where you live, it was intellectually honest to describe it as “Another Biden Administration gift”. There’s been a pooty bag of ‘um to date, you know.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, billvon said:

Swing and a miss on both counts. He said, "Fee." Snopes corrects the notion of interest rate, but doesn't say that. 

Let’s say you’re getting a traditional mortgage on a $300,000 home, you have a credit score between 740 and 760, and you put 20% down. Pena says that, in that scenario, the buyer would face a fee adjustment that has increased to .875%, and likely means a higher interest rate.

“It does inherently punish the higher credit score a little bit, but the person with the higher credit score (is) still getting much less of a hit than the lower credit score,” Pena adds.

The government wants to clarify what it says are misunderstandings about the change.

“Higher-credit-score borrowers are not being charged more so that lower-credit-score borrowers can pay less," said Sandra Thompson, director of the Federal housing Finance Agency. "The updated fees, as was true of the prior fees, generally increase as credit scores decrease for any given level of down-payment.”

~https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/home-buying-mortgage-fee/273-a107f354-34c9-4f35-8b89-b3e3292291eb

Edited by BIGUN

7 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Swing and a miss on both counts. He said, "Fee." Snopes corrects the notion of interest rate, but doesn't say that. 

~https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/home-buying-mortgage-fee/273-a107f354-34c9-4f35-8b89-b3e3292291eb

So what? If there was any adjustment that was asymmetric amongst borrowers or even purposely harmed innocent DZO’s the point that makes the post smarmy was the ridiculous dig at Biden. He’d be no more responsible for it than if one of his gardeners trimmed the wrong hedges at the White House.

p.s. For you I will write my legislators. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Studen Loan pause is ending.......What a cluster...... IMHO it seems obvious that the education received and the price they paid makes it look like a huge scam... Someone needs to pay these kids back and to me it should be the SCHOOLS THEMSELVES.. Not the taxpayers. https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamminsky/2023/05/02/the-student-loan-pause-may-end-in-phases-with-some-features-extended---key-updates-on-timing/?sh=71033efd2299

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 3.18.20 PM.png

Kids? They are all adults now. Stop the hyperbole.

11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Kids? They are all adults now. Stop the hyperbole.

I know Joe Biden is 80 but he looks much older in this picture.  Presidents seem to age more than the years they are in office.  He has about 20 more months in office.  What will he look like then and his physical and mental health.  If he is reelected, what will his condition be in his second term, will he be able to finish.  Will we end up with you know who.   

13 minutes ago, johnhking1 said:

I know Joe Biden is 80 but he looks much older in this picture.  Presidents seem to age more than the years they are in office.  He has about 20 more months in office.  What will he look like then and his physical and mental health.  If he is reelected, what will his condition be in his second term, will he be able to finish.  Will we end up with you know who.   

Good point if you only look at the pictures.

40 minutes ago, johnhking1 said:

Hi John,

Re:  he looks much older in this picture.

Anyone can find a photo of anyone else where they do not look their best.

I'm 2 yrs older than Biden.  I 'think' I look pretty good for my age; below is a photo taken in '08.  Yes, I know that was a few yrs ago & I have changed some.  

Now, given that, I simply cannot spend 8 hrs digging any ditches anymore.  It is life.

However, I doubt that the POTUS does any real manual labor these days.

Somewhere in some archives ( I've seen it ) is a photo of Pres. Eisenhower carrying his own luggage into a hotel here in Portland while he was POTUS.  Those days are gone.

Jerry Baumchen

2008.jpg.fe56ae6137bf8f87f6aaac5ccfe5fce8.jpg

7 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Sounds like it would be more accurate to say that all fees are going up, but they are going up less on high credit score borrowers than on low credit score borrowers.  Which (still) harms low credit score borrowers to a greater degree, and gives the advantage to high credit score borrowers.  Just not as much as it did previously.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, billvon said:

Sounds like it would be more accurate to say that all fees are going up, but they are going up less on high credit score borrowers than on low credit score borrowers.  Which (still) harms low credit score borrowers to a greater degree, and gives the advantage to high credit score borrowers.  Just not as much as it did previously.

Just to get reprimanded for thread drift, those of us with direct access to the economy through customers learned a little bit about trickle up economics when the Covid stimulus money was flooding into our tills. Poor people spend, mostly because they have too. So when I hear about what for me would be a barely noticeable pinprick that will put money into my potential customers pockets I have a hard time getting my panties in a wad.

21 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Joe - interesting that the multiple articles I read from CBS, various mortgage brokers and bank loan sources all said the same thing.

For shits and grins, I think I found the referenced story after some googling: "CBS Mortgage Revamp".  Within the CBS article, it says that the change "is causing consternation among some mortgage professionals".  It's evidence for this consternation is a New York Post article, linked from the main article.

Bottom line is that this doesn't do what your media sources say it does.  There are specific cases where a high credit score borrower could pay more than they do today, and some where they could pay less.  The change will have winners and losers (from what I can see, the winners outnumber the losers, as should be the case in policy changes).  Right-wing media instinctively jumps on this to paint the losers as "Joe Everyman being screwed by Biden", and gullible followers jump on the red meat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Biden kicks in $500,000.00 of taxpayer money to teach Pakistani Trans Gender Kids English.... Why not the regular kids? What plan does he have for kids with gender dysphoria?https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/biden-admin-offering-500k-grant-to-help-teach-english-to-pakistani-kids-with-emphasis-on-trans-youth-united-states-pakistan-half-million-dollars-transgender?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 11.24.09 PM.png

Dude, you are so out of touch with the world it beggars description. You play the “kids” card like you have any idea about kids. You don’t. Today we had a great time with kids. At around 11AM they started paddling past our boat (think spaceship) in dugout canoes on their way to school. School here is six days a week 12 till 5. On the way home they had time to stop and talk in a few different languages and share their days. It was amazing again today and will be for more days. They were all kneeling in dugout canoes with a few inches of water in the bottom telling us what they learned that day. Later an adult offered us the chance to visit the school. Tomorrow we will.

Nothing teaches you more about the world or yourself than travel. You need to get out.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

Biden kicks in $500,000.00 of taxpayer money to teach Pakistani Trans Gender Kids English

Read the whole motherfucking article not just the fucking headline. The third component shit that you didn't read - Less than 75K of the 500K is allocated. 

10 hours ago, billeisele said:

Joe - interesting that the multiple articles I read from CBS, various mortgage brokers and bank loan sources all said the same thing.

Would you care to link some of those articles?

You didn't in the post you made, although I kind of guessed you didn't write that wall of text yourself.

Also, your post clearly implied this was "Biden's doing".

I haven't seen that anywhere reliable. 

Biden could lose an election against trump- DeSantis. Yep, thats a fact.

"Voters are broadly dissatisfied with President Biden’s job... according to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll —In hypothetical general-election matchups, Mr. Biden, who announced his re-election campaign last month, trailed the two leading candidates in the Republican primary, former President Donald J. Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida."

The US has full employment. Inflation is declining. GOP weak points- gun control, integrity, etc. Are overshadowed by Biden's age, handling of economy, etc.

"In one more sign of the disconnect between desires and political reality, sizable minorities of the voters who said that Mr. Biden wasn’t mentally sharp enough to be president or that Mr. Trump deserved to be criminally charged said they would definitely or probably vote for one of them anyway."

How about this scenario? trump gets convicted of a felony, or charged of a couple felonies. DeSantis wins the primary and the election. Or trump gets charged, sells it as a witch hunt and wins. Thus throwing the prosecution into a delay while he is in office.

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

My money says if it comes down to Biden vs Trump, Biden will win again.

I think if that were the choice it will be close.  At some point, enough Trump convictions will start garnering him more support from the "I hate everyone and everything" voters.