8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Yes, I do believe that and I'll eat crow when proven wrong. $600K per year isn't like the pinball money you hide from your wife. Do you believe he was laundering it on the Amtrak train he took to work every day?

Seems it would be pretty simple to figure out.  Whatever shell company owns Biden's home would have to report that "rent" as income.  The taxman cometh, and that right soon.  Hope you get the Shawshank reference.

Just now, airdvr said:

Seems it would be pretty simple to figure out.  Whatever shell company owns Biden's home would have to report that "rent" as income.  The taxman cometh, and that right soon.  Hope you get the Shawshank reference.

Then get after figuring it out instead of regurgitating conspiracy theory crap. Maybe, instead of hunting for proof of Biden's criminal behavior with a blind mans cane and the current right wing self help book you should get after demanding that Trump and his kids be prosecuted immediately, if not sooner, so as to establish legal precedents for prosecuting Biden and his last remaining son. Unless, that is, you think that's all just a witch hunt and UNFAIR!

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Aside from the political grandstanding of these types of investigations I'm all for investigating all of them.  History has shown that the end result is usually a big nothingburger.

I'd agree that history or not the Biden brouhaha will, and I might be wrong, be not more than not much. At this stage, I'm willing to believe everyone went home, and accidentally I swear it, with the wrong persons underwear at some point. That said, I do not think Trump was anything except arrogant and purposeful in his taking of classified material. Just look at other violations of the Presidential Records Act he's flaunted. The equivalency bit with Biden is nothing short of simpleminded horse shit and no one who knows anything about the man should have any other starting point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Aside from the political grandstanding of these types of investigations I'm all for investigating all of them.  History has shown that the end result is usually a big nothingburger.

Hi airdvr,

Then how do you fit that into the fact that Kevin McCarthy absolutely wanted the FBI to stay out of the investigation of 'papers at home' when it was Trump that was in the headlines?  Now, McCarthy cannot get the feds into looking into Biden's 'paper stash' soon enough.

There is no equivalency here.  Any 'investigation' will be a shit-show.

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Then how do you fit that into the fact that Kevin McCarthy absolutely wanted the FBI to stay out of the investigation of 'papers at home' when it was Trump that was in the headlines?  Now, McCarthy cannot get the feds into looking into Biden's 'paper stash' soon enough.

There is no equivalency here.  Any 'investigation' will be a shit-show.

Jerry Baumchen

Agreed Jerry.  When I say "them all" I exclude party affiliation as a parameter.

I think there's a disturbing pattern of blatant corruption.  Too bad we're not like the Japanese where idiot corporate heads and pols commit seppuku.

58 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I think there's a disturbing pattern of blatant corruption.  Too bad we're not like the Japanese where idiot corporate heads and pols commit seppuku.

Japanese corporate leaders and politicians who killed themselves did so out of shame. The embarrassment caused to themselves and their families. Be it corrupt democrats in Illinois over decades, or Santos. Corruption is akin to a badge of honor in America. At least when it helps the tribe. When it's for personal gain and not a tribe. It's move on as they all do it.

Both parties had the opportunity to drain the swamp and none did so..

On 1/17/2023 at 9:44 PM, JoeWeber said:

Do you really believe that Joseph Robinette Biden is taking foreign, treasonous, graft money from his kid? Please, just a yes or no answer. Any other answer will simply define your intentions, as if we all don't already know.

Then why are they flunking scandal 101? “Get it all out, get it all out early and get it out early from the top” Instead you have KJP spinning like a top and trying to gaslight the entire White House press corps. Why were Biden’s personal attorneys tasked with searching his residence, when it should have been folks with the appropriate security clearance? Why do the documents in question coincide with Hunter’s business dealings?  Your blind support for a man who had been a serial liar his entire career is troubling. He lied about his education, he lied about law degree, he lied about how he met his current wife, he lied about his upbringing, he lied about his son’s death, he lied about Hunter’s business dealings, he lied about “Corn Pop, he lied about job creation (when it was more like job recovery).  Yes, Trump was a grifter and an idiot, but you knew what you were getting.  Biden was to bring back competence and honesty, he has failed, spectacularly on both accounts.

42 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Why were Biden’s personal attorneys tasked with searching his residence, when it should have been folks with the appropriate security clearance? Why do the documents in question coincide with Hunter’s business dealings?

Why would you need people with a security clearance when you already now what the documents are all about? 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Why would you need people with a security clearance when you already now what the documents are all about? 

The personal attorneys are there to go through and vet what they will hide and what they will hand over. Why would they be needed otherwise? 

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Then why are they flunking scandal 101? “Get it all out, get it all out early and get it out early from the top” Instead you have KJP spinning like a top and trying to gaslight the entire White House press corps. Why were Biden’s personal attorneys tasked with searching his residence, when it should have been folks with the appropriate security clearance? Why do the documents in question coincide with Hunter’s business dealings?  Your blind support for a man who had been a serial liar his entire career is troubling. He lied about his education, he lied about law degree, he lied about how he met his current wife, he lied about his upbringing, he lied about his son’s death, he lied about Hunter’s business dealings, he lied about “Corn Pop, he lied about job creation (when it was more like job recovery).  Yes, Trump was a grifter and an idiot, but you knew what you were getting.  Biden was to bring back competence and honesty, he has failed, spectacularly on both accounts.

Excellent job of failing to answer the asked question. Just for shits and giggles, where did you get your MBA and are you willing to share your thesis?

On 1/18/2023 at 9:12 PM, Phil1111 said:

Japanese corporate leaders and politicians who killed themselves did so out of shame. The embarrassment caused to themselves and their families. Be it corrupt democrats in Illinois over decades, or Santos. Corruption is akin to a badge of honor in America. At least when it helps the tribe. When it's for personal gain and not a tribe. It's move on as they all do it.

I recently read a little about the Italian corruption scandal of the ‘90s when it was unveiled that literally everything at every level ran on bribery. A few national politicians committed suicide then - though perhaps more from fear of what the Mafia might do to them and their families if they were thought to have flipped than a desire to replicate old Roman standards of honour.

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The personal attorneys are there to go through and vet what they will hide and what they will hand over. Why would they be needed otherwise? 

Yes - that’s what lawyers are for. They will hide the things that don’t need to be turned over. Like everyone does.

(edited)
5 hours ago, jakee said:

Do they? How so?

“It has been reported that some of the documents are labeled “Top Secret” and include briefing documents and intelligence reports involving Ukraine, Iran, and the United Kingdom….

…University of Pennsylvania received more than $30 million in donations from anonymous Chinese donors shortly after the Penn Biden Center was established in 2017. “

https://www.heritage.org/homeland-security/commentary/the-biden-classified-documents-fiasco-what-do-we-know-so-far

Hunter had business dealings with Ukraine and China

Edited by brenthutch