8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

The cry from the right when classified documents were found in Trump's house was, "The President can declassify material with the stroke of a pen." Why is the same not true here.

Because his unauthorized possession of those documents predates his time as President.  

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Home in Delaware 

BTW the White House is not Biden’s, it is often referred to as the People’s House.

You said Biden’s home, not his house. I’m pretty sure he lives at the White House. Regardless of that hair splitting, If the FBI finds out that Biden is storing classified documents at his house in Delaware, and he ignores requests to return them, or lies about whether or not they are there, and the justice department then obtains a warrant, they may conduct a raid. See how it works yet?

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The FBI should raid Biden’s home to make sure he doesn’t have any more classified documents in yet another unsecured location.

According to the latest ABC breaking news, the FBI has already recovered classified documents from Biden’s house in Wilmington. The attorney general has appointed a special counsel in the matter.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just wait until “filegate” sinks in 

Fortunately for your internet plan much of what you post can't even charitably be described as data, so you have that working. But, again, I digress. Unlike most of my Liberal Comrades here my brand of Liberalism allows for, in fact embraces, skullduggery, rug pulling, shoe hiding, and when required, back stabbing if that's what it takes to get the job done. The job being the negation of the right wing conservative onslaught against our judiciary, protective institutions, legislative bodies coupled with, and yes it sounds unbelievable, the installation of a moronic, narcissistic autocrat in the White House. Get as giggly as you like but plan on conserving your I told you so's because I don't give a shit as long as we are making bag on repairing the damage Republicans have done to our democracy.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Fortunately for your internet plan much of what you post can't even charitably be described as data, so you have that working. But, again, I digress. Unlike most of my Liberal Comrades here my brand of Liberalism allows for, in fact embraces, skullduggery, rug pulling, shoe hiding, and when required, back stabbing if that's what it takes to get the job done. The job being the negation of the right wing conservative onslaught against our judiciary, protective institutions, legislative bodies coupled with, and yes it sounds unbelievable, the installation of a moronic, narcissistic autocrat in the White House. Get as giggly as you like but plan on conserving your I told you so's because I don't give a shit as long as we are making bag on repairing the damage Republicans have done to our democracy.

Sometimes your written eloquence leads me to believe you are the bastard child of Thomas Paine and Rosie O'Donnell. 

“In the following pages I offer nothing more then simple facts, plain arguments, and common sense; and have no other preliminaries to settle with the reader, than that he will divest himself of prejudice and prepossession, and suffer his reason and his feeling to determine for themselves; that he will put on, or rather that he will not put off, the true character of a man, and generously enlarge his views beyond present day.” ~Paine

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Unlike most of my Liberal Comrades here my brand of Liberalism allows for, in fact embraces, skullduggery, rug pulling, shoe hiding, and when required, back stabbing if that's what it takes to get the job done. 

Far from being the exception that accurately describes the modern left. Saul Alinsky’s third rule of ethics and all of that jazz.

In both cases it seems to me the issue is whether it was deliberate withholding or an oversight, and whether there has been any obstruction by the former/current president or his staff.

I have some confidence that the investigations will figure it out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kallend said:

.....I have some confidence that the investigations will figure it out.

So you're the one! I'd heard that pollsters had found a democrat in Illinois who still believed.

Confidence in Supreme Court is at lowest level in 50-year recorded history, Gallup poll finds  "In the recent poll, public confidence dropped most significantly in the past year among Democrats and independents. Confidence dropped by 17 points to 13 percent among Democrats"

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So you're the one! I'd heard that pollsters had found a democrat in Illinois who still believed.

Confidence in Supreme Court is at lowest level in 50-year recorded history, Gallup poll finds  "In the recent poll, public confidence dropped most significantly in the past year among Democrats and independents. Confidence dropped by 17 points to 13 percent among Democrats"

The investigation is being handled by the Justice Dept, not by the Supremes.

Joe, "How one anyone could be that irresponsible? And I thought, what data was in there that may compromise sources and methods, just totally irresponsible."

VP's have no authority to declassify anything except items that they had classified.

The documents had been there for years. Some were moved, twice.

One location was accessible by anyone including the drunk/druggie party boy with the famed laptop, and a key was given to a Chinese spy.

One location was funded by China and accessible by anyone including students.

Of note, there is a young woman sitting in prison for taking CI documents home. She took them during COVID because access to the info was limited because the building wasn't often open so she took them home so she could work. Not smart. There have been Washington staffers instantly fired for mishandling CI.

Yes there are differences. Yes, Trump had many more documents that we're still waiting to hear about. And many other differences that are bad for Trump. Trumps docs were locked up but still not in a "SCIF" as required by the National Security Act. None of Joe's docs were locked up, protected and definitely not a SCIF.
It's difficult to believe his statement that he takes this seriously.

Deliberate or not, obstruction or not, all instances are a violation.

Let the spinners spin away, deflect and all the other things they do. The DOJ has some fact finding and unraveling to do.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Joe, "....Trumps docs were locked up but still not in a "SCIF" as required by the National Security Act. None of Joe's docs were locked up, protected and definitely not a SCIF....

None of the reporting on the documents from President Biden were in unlocked locations. They were not where they belonged however.

54 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Joe, ...

Deliberate or not, obstruction or not, all instances are a violation.

Let the spinners spin away, deflect and all the other things they do. The DOJ has some fact finding and unraveling to do.

Agree. And if there is violations both trump and Biden should face a judge. Its irresponsible for any politician to get a walk on these issues.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

None of the reporting on the documents from President Biden were in unlocked locations. They were not where they belonged however.

This will turn into a huge distraction and will keep the Rs occupied generating sound and fury for a long time. It will itself amount to little. But now a "Special Counsel" is looking into it. History shows that investigator will not stop there. Ken Starr was tasked with looking into Whitewater and found little there. But he did find a semen stained blue dress. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

This will turn into a huge distraction and will keep the Rs occupied generating sound and fury for a long time. It will itself amount to little. But now a "Special Counsel" is looking into it. History shows that investigator will not stop there. Ken Starr was tasked with looking into Whitewater and found little there. But he did find a semen stained blue dress. 

In this case it may lead to discovering Hunter was selling state secrets to the Chinese out of Joes garage giving the “Big Guy” AKA Joe Biden a cut.

4 hours ago, billeisele said:

Yes there are differences. Yes, Trump had many more documents that we're still waiting to hear about. And many other differences that are bad for Trump. Trumps docs were locked up but still not in a "SCIF" as required by the National Security Act. None of Joe's docs were locked up, protected and definitely not a SCIF.
It's difficult to believe his statement that he takes this seriously.

This is a mix of untruth and misunderstanding. Trumps docs were not locked up until the government requested he put a lock on the door while they went through the process of trying to get him to give them back. They also weren’t supposed to be in a SCIF just because they were classified documents but because they were specifically documents so sensitive in nature and detail that they have to be kept in a SCIF. I haven’t seen yet that any of the Biden docs are on that level.

21 minutes ago, jakee said:

They also weren’t supposed to be in a SCIF just because they were classified documents but because they were specifically documents so sensitive in nature and detail that they have to be kept in a SCIF. I haven’t seen yet that any of the Biden docs are on that level.

“Biden’s personal attorneys were packing files at his former private office contained 10 classified documents, including US intelligence materials and briefing memos about Ukraine, Iran and the United Kingdom.

Some of the classified documents were “top secret,” the highest level. They were found in three or four boxes that also contained unclassified papers that fall under the Presidential Records Act, CNN has reported.”