8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I honestly don’t give a rats ass if he busts out speaking in tongue’s on occasion and neither should you.

That's fine, but the idea of "paraphrasing a phase" is kind of funny.  Curious to know what the original phrase was, or if it's even a thing.

And that wasn't even the part that really caught my attention.  He said that America's best days are ahead of us, which I certainly believe is a possibility, I'm just wondering if it's before or after the "Russian Nuclear Armageddon."

Whatever happened to the days when we could all collectively come together and poke fun of our political figures regardless of personal affiliation.  That's the America I remember. . .but maybe it was a regional thing given I grew up in a swing state. 

I mean It's even getting more difficult to poke fun on SNL without any pushback - and it's absolutely cringeworthy how people idolize these political servants as if they're gods and get all indignant when they're blasphemed.

38 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I mean It's even getting more difficult to poke fun on SNL without any pushback - and it's absolutely cringeworthy how people idolize these political servants as if they're gods and get all indignant when they're blasphemed.

What? He wasn't being made lighthearted fun of. He was being accused of having dementia. By the latest of our trolls. 

42 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Whatever happened to the days when we could all collectively come together and poke fun of our political figures regardless of personal affiliation.  That's the America I remember. . .

They are still here.  Watch most late night comedy shows.

However, accusing democrats of elder abuse because they are "forcing" a "senile old man" to hold office is not "coming together and poking fun."  It's more like accusing someone of rape, and when they call you on it, saying "hey, I was just JOKING!  Sheesh!  You guys have no sense of humor."

Looks like Biden miss handled classified documents, it will make prosecuting Trump a bit of a sticky wicket.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics/joe-biden-classified-documents-upenn/index.html

“they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania”

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Looks like Biden miss handled classified documents, it will make prosecuting Trump a bit of a sticky wicket.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics/joe-biden-classified-documents-upenn/index.html

“they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania”

HUGE differences between the 2.

I expect you will ignore and dismiss those though.

5 minutes ago, normiss said:

HUGE differences between the 2.

I expect you will ignore and dismiss those though.

Nah! He will feign ignorance and act indifferent as usual.

1 minute ago, billvon said:

1. Trump didn't do it
2. OK he did it but it was OK because blah blah
3. Biden did it first

Ex V.P. Pence had it right on Biden. "Its a very serious matter to take classified documents. Its a crime and needs to be investigated thoroughly."

i.e. He will feign ignorance and act indifferent about what trump did, as usual.

(edited)
44 minutes ago, billvon said:

1. Trump didn't do it
2. OK he did it but it was OK because blah blah
3. Biden did it first

Hillary did it first, Biden did it second Trump did it last. Of course neither the Secretary of State nor the Vice President have the the ability to declassify documents, in sharp contrast to the ability for the President to do so. Good luck trying to prosecute Trump now.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Hillary did it first, Biden did it second Trump did it last. Of course neither the Secretary of State nor the Vice President have the the ability to declassify documents, in sharp contrast to the ability for the President to do so. Good luck trying to prosecute Trump now.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/10/house-gop-trump-biden-classified-docs-00077252

I realise it’s a left leaning site and the article definitely comes across that way, but there are distinct differences in how this is being handled as compared with the situation that occurred at the former President’s personal residence.

(edited)
1 hour ago, murps2000 said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/10/house-gop-trump-biden-classified-docs-00077252

I realise it’s a left leaning site and the article definitely comes across that way, but there are distinct differences in how this is being handled as compared with the situation that occurred at the former President’s personal residence.

There are huge differences between how someone who cooperates and someone who obstructs are treated.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

It is and will be more fun watching supporters and the media spilt hairs over how one criminal violation was different than the other criminal violation. No doubt there are differences, and some are significant. But at the end of the day they are both violations. It does raise the question, "What else is there that we don't know?" And that goes both ways.

It's interesting that the records were discovered and turned over before the mid-terms but it's just now been publicly known. So much for, "this administration will be the most transparent

“bring transparency and truth back to the government to share the truth, even when it’s hard to hear,”

On 1/5/2023 at 10:30 AM, JoeWeber said:

Er, um, so I thought you didn't watch Fox News.

Mr Joe - it was hard to miss since it was on twitter, tiktok, cnsnews, outkick, pjmedia, presstv, sputnikmews, FB, summit news, whitehouse.gov,  youtube, infowars, investmentwatchblog, irna (iranian news), ussanews, and a long list of other sources

Maybe the President Harris error is more explainable. I guess this was his speech impediment.

35 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Mr Joe - it was hard to miss since it was on twitter, tiktok, cnsnews, outkick, pjmedia, presstv, sputnikmews, FB, summit news, whitehouse.gov,  youtube, infowars, investmentwatchblog, irna (iranian news), ussanews, and a long list of other sources

If Joe Biden were in a coma he is still  preferable to the lying grifting treasonous sexual predator that you seem to prefer in the White House

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, billeisele said:

It is and will be more fun watching supporters and the media spilt hairs over how one criminal violation was different than the other criminal violation. No doubt there are differences, and some are significant. 

If the differences are significant then it isn’t splitting fucking hairs, is it?

What is it with you people?

1 hour ago, kallend said:

If Joe Biden were in a coma he is still  preferable to the lying grifting treasonous sexual predator that you seem to prefer in the White House

I'm glad you said "seem." That implies (i got it right that time, thanks) that you've read some of my prior posts.

What I'd prefer is a leader in either party. One with a brain that was working properly. One that has major accomplishments in their past. One that doesn't denigrate others. One that recognizes and accepts their responsibility, can prioritize and act accordingly. One that is most interested in protecting the nation and upholding all the laws. One that doesn't regularly make serious mistakes. One that isn't absent from the job 40% of the time.

Those people exist but, it seems, that most wouldn't want to job because of the phonies, dishonesty, etc., of Washington and politics. 

1 hour ago, jakee said:

If the differences are significant then it isn’t splitting fucking hairs, is it?

What is it with you people?

Jakee - yes, there are some significant differences. But so much is the same. Regardless of who is doing it, it shouldn't be occurring.

And there's the "you people" thing as if everyone fits into certain convenient boxes. The world is not that simple. Folks could say the same about you but then they would be guilty of the same silliness.

45 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The differences ARE significant, VP Joe did not have the power to declassify material, President Trump did.

But didn’t. Then refused to give them back, then lied to the government about having given them back.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The differences ARE significant, VP Joe did not have the power to declassify material, President Trump did.

Seems like only one difference is significant to you. And as you say, it has yet to be adjudicated whether or not Trump actually did declassify. Do you agree with his assertion that a president can declassify just by thinking about it?