8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Because if I left it out you would accuse me of quoting him out of context 

Ok, so we agree that you agree with a huge part of Biden's approach to the oil and gas industry.

Now, can oil companies still drill?

46 minutes ago, jakee said:

Ok, so we agree that you agree with a huge part of Biden's approach to the oil and gas industry.

No, not at all.

Agree on subsidies.

Disagree on Federal land leases, off shore leases, regulatory policies, ANWAR, pipeline restrictions, drilling permits and his rhetoric.

So not even close.

13 hours ago, billvon said:

The videos you post are like parodies of themselves.  I recall a Simpson's episode where the local TV station added fake flames behind the mayor to make him look like the devil.  That was, back then, a joke.

I believe Jared Bernstein is the character we are looking for, a social work, music major with a side of philosophy, keynesian economics, no doubt.

What are the differences between a prop and a personal bodyguard?

Me thinks, one stands in the light as a deterrent in guard, at the ready of imminent attack,to sacrifice oneself in service, if needed to assist within arms length.The other is in the background shadows, a placard, if you will. Seems pretty clear ... but not here.

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

Another Inflation Bill to fix the Inflation from the last Inflation Bill ..... It's been a huge failure. The prices are skyrocketing and if you don't believe me you are in total denial of the truth. They are lining their pockets while we empty ours......

To borrow a phrase, good googaloo man!  I don't pretend to know the end results of the Inflation Reduction Act, but it was a bill full of long-term plans that was passed one month ago.  Do you realize how ridiculous your statement reads?

1 hour ago, lippy said:

Do you realize how ridiculous your statement reads?

I would have thought the answer to that was obvious, given the absolute absurdity of every statement he has posted on this site so far.

Edited by okalb
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Slim King said:

Another Inflation Bill to fix the Inflation from the last Inflation Bill ..... It's been a huge failure. The prices are skyrocketing

Inflation is down.  Gas prices are down.  Unemployment is at historic lows.

Bad day to be a Biden hater.

20 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Inflation rates are coming down. Slowly, but down

Wendy P. 

I'm not sure they aren't already down and we aren't measuring it correctly, somehow. Jet-A is back up over 5 bucks in bulk but that isn't in a standard suburban grocery basket, nor is NYC Apartment rent or houses that aren't being re-financed. Also, oil is down a lot at $85 from the March 2022 high of $120. 

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm not sure they aren't already down and we aren't measuring it correctly, somehow. Jet-A is back up over 5 bucks in bulk but that isn't in a standard suburban grocery basket, nor is NYC Apartment rent or houses that aren't being re-financed. Also, oil is down a lot at $85 from the March 2022 high of $120. 

The numbers that came out & caused the stock market to dive were August year to year.  So all of the inflation from the past year.  Month to month has pretty much flattened out. But, of course,  the Trumpettes would NEVER admit that.

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Got enough lube? Just oil companies giving you the shaft.

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111

46 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I agree that the oil companies have been screwing us for years. They are Sinful Basteges..

Why do you hate capitalism so much?

.The Biden Administration is letting them get away with it too.

Given that gas prices are falling fast - apparently not.

Unless everyone has 8,000 to 10,0000 watts of solar panels on their roof or back yard, there will never be enough solar power to run everyones car or truck. 

Well, more like 3000 watts.  And that can go on your roof.  Or on the parking lot across the street, or covering the building across from them, or on their apartment building's roof, or over a landfill a mile away.

To cover the average US commute you need 9 kilowatt-hours a day.  In a bad solar area (Seattle) that means you need 3500 watts of solar.  In a good solar area (Phoenix) that means you need 1700 watts of solar.  1700 watts of solar costs $850 for the panels themselves.  Average gas car costs $5 a day to fuel, so that's a six month repayment for the panels.

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

After reading your discourse I believe you know little or nothing about solar power.

That's some funny shit there. Billvon has been doing solar for over 20 years. Personally, on his own house. And now he powers his own car. So maybe he does know something.

Wendy P.

53 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

That's some funny shit there. Billvon has been doing solar for over 20 years. Personally, on his own house. And now he powers his own car. So maybe he does know something.

Wendy P.

Nah. I don't think an electrical engineer would know much about solar.

Or electricity.

I was a Mother Earth news type guy in the 60's ... 

You weren’t alive in the 60s. I doubt you were alive in the 90s.

There is no greener green than me. 

What environmental regulations are you in favour of?

11 hours ago, Slim King said:

Your numbers are way off and even if they were close all that you can guarantee is a ride to work and back. What kind of lifestyle is that? No vacations, no trips to the beach, no grocery store runs, no cruising the town on a Saturday night.

I have two EV's.  Recently we drove one of them to Oregon with the kids.  No problems.

And we STILL generate far more than we use.

Have you ever even seen an EV?  I would suggest that your 50 year old information from the Real Goods catalog is now out of date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Let no one claim you can't learn things working in a laundromat.