8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, jakee said:

You think the US military has overtones of both Stalinism and the Nazis? To be honest Bill, that’s your deal. I don’t think you’re going to find many who agree with you.

In fairness, when you absolutely, positively, need to make an important point to sum up an eight paragraph blindered screed you can't quote a more respected, level, and authoritative source than Dave Portnoy, CEO of Barstool Sports.

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

In fairness, when you absolutely, positively, need to make an important point to sum up an eight paragraph blindered screed you can't quote a more respected, level, and authoritative source than Dave Portnoy, CEO of Barstool Sports.

Ok I admit it, you are funny:rofl:

11 hours ago, billeisele said:

During the speech, the president attacked tens of millions of people who voted for former President Donald Trump, describing them as extremists.

“Seriously who gives a speech warning people about how dangerous Republicans are to Democracy while having a background that looks like the Soviet Union and Hitler had a baby?”

Did you watch his speech, or just scour the interwebs for pundits criticizing it afterwards?  I think Biden went out of his way to separate Republicans in general from the MAGA base: calling out the MAGA extremists for the danger that they are while offering an olive branch to Republicans who are reluctant to drink the MAGA Kool-Aid.  

Seems politically smart to me.  There's likely no winning back 99.9999% the MAGA crew, so frame it as a choice between the insanity of the FAR right or Democrats in an effort to win as many pro-sanity votes as possible.  

Edited by lippy
typing before coffee
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

Once again, you use the old, 'Hey, look over here,' gambit, so well liked when that is all you got.

IMO it's getting kinda old.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Uh oh, it looks like Trump did it first.  Or, does that not count?

Trump was by far, not the first. Just the Reich Wing once again using selective amnesia to attempt to make talking points.

obama-marine.png

reagan-marine.png

https://keystonetoday.com/stories/630957358-peek-pennsylvania-s-record-high-natural-gas-prices-tied-to-biden-s-war-on-american-energy

“The price of natural gas increased by almost 280% since President Joe Biden took office, according to the most recently available data. A million British thermal units (MMBtu) of natural gas cost $2.57 on January 20, 2021 – the day Biden took office – EIA data showed. Natural gas was priced at $9.75/MMBtu on Tuesday; this represents a 279% increase since Biden took office”

“Just as Biden's "war on American energy" caused high gasoline prices, the same is true for the rising cost of natural gas, Brown said. He attributes chronically high natural gas prices as "a direct result of Biden's energy agenda”

Folks will be getting their first heating bill just in time for the midterms.

Lets go Brandon!

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://keystonetoday.com/stories/630957358-peek-pennsylvania-s-record-high-natural-gas-prices-tied-to-biden-s-war-on-american-energy

“The price of natural gas increased by almost 280% since President Joe Biden took office, according to the most recently available data. A million British thermal units (MMBtu) of natural gas cost $2.57 on January 20, 2021 – the day Biden took office – EIA data showed. Natural gas was priced at $9.75/MMBtu on Tuesday; this represents a 279% increase since Biden took office”

“Just as Biden's "war on American energy" caused high gasoline prices, the same is true for the rising cost of natural gas, Brown said. He attributes chronically high natural gas prices as "a direct result of Biden's energy agenda”

Lets go Brandon!

Jesus Husain Christ, you're a lost cause

3 hours ago, lippy said:

Did you watch his speech, or just scour the interwebs for pundits criticizing it afterwards?  I think Biden went out of his way to separate Republicans in general from the MAGA base: calling out the MAGA extremists for the danger that they are while offering an olive branch to Republicans who are reluctant to drink the MAGA Kool-Aid.  

Seems politically smart to me.  There's likely no winning back 99.9999% the MAGA crew, so frame it as a choice between the insanity of the FAR right or Democrats in an effort to win as many pro-sanity votes as possible.  

Hi lippy,

We both know the answer to that question.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

The forum is called “President Biden, critics corner.” It is a forum for criticisms of Biden’s policies and the pain they cause.  I think you need to check out the Biden fan-boy page.

And there are indeed many legit criticisms that could be directed at Biden.  But when the O&G industry in the US is currently running balls-out to capitalize as much as possible on the high prices that are largely caused by the Russia/Ukraine situation, you're pasting a link from keystone.com!!! blaming the admin for high prices.  

From where I'm sitting in the oil industry, I'm seeing no evidence of Biden's energy war (thankfully my bonus check this year didn't see it either)

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The forum is called “President Biden, critics corner.” It is a forum for criticisms of Biden’s policies and the pain they cause.  I think you need to check out the Biden fan-boy page.

The problem is you thinking that what you just posted is criticism of a Biden policy.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Lets go Brandon!

The article, I read it, and your comments are nothing less than a 100% troll. I now stand with those who believe you've been given too long a leash by the mod's.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The article, I read it, and your comments are nothing less than a 100% troll. I now stand with those who believe you've been given too long a leash by the mod's.

What was untrue?  I truly believe that Biden’s policies are designed to make fossil fuels more expensive.  Canceling leases, stopping pipelines, refusing permits, additional burdensome regulations are all part of this glorious transition.  The result is Americans are financially worse off than when he took office, while this impacts all Americans it is particularly onerous for the poor and working class.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What was untrue?  I truly believe that Biden’s policies are designed to make fossil fuels more expensive.  

Then why is it that the only people you can cite who agree with you are self described conservative commentators? You just quoted the editor of Townhall.com blaming Biden for gas price rises as if you believed that was some kind of persuasive evidence. You know full well that if a pigeon shat on his car just after he finished cleaning it he’d swear blind it was Biden’s fault.

Thats why you’re a troll.

Then there is the president who went to a D-Day commemoration. only to disparage service personal for: He  " said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed....

Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies."

At other times he stated re:Senator John McCain, who spent more than five years as a prisoner of the North Vietnamese: “He’s not a war hero,” Trump said in 2015 while running for the Republican nomination for president. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

It’d be nice if you gave them the same respect as the ones you agree with. Especially if they’re better educated in the topic. Examine what they say and compare it with what you want to be true, rather than just poking holes while ignoring the larger ones in what you like.

Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

It’d be nice if you gave them the same respect as the ones you agree with. Especially if they’re better educated in the topic. Examine what they say and compare it with what you want to be true, rather than just poking holes while ignoring the larger ones in what you like.

Wendy P. 

It doesn’t matter how “educated” one is, it just matters what is right and what is wrong.

To quote Richard Feynman,  “It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment (or observation) it’s wrong.”

I feel no need to extend nothing more than courtesy (certainly not respect) to those who are wrong.

Well, that was addressed in the first part of my statement -- holes can be poked into nearly any complicated non-mathematical theory. They affect, but don't necessarily invalidate it. Depends on the holes.

I guess if you ignore the wrongs in one, and address the wrongs in the other, then two wrongs make a right, and the upside is you get to choose the facts to pay attention to, and the errors to ignore. Pfah.

Wendy P.

25 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Well, that was addressed in the first part of my statement -- holes can be poked into nearly any complicated non-mathematical theory. They affect, but don't necessarily invalidate it. Depends on the holes.

I guess if you ignore the wrongs in one, and address the wrongs in the other, then two wrongs make a right, and the upside is you get to choose the facts to pay attention to, and the errors to ignore. Pfah.

Wendy P.

Which is basically ignoring reality in favor of what he wants to believe.

Which is all he ever does.

10 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Would you rather I cite people with whom I disagree?:/

Cite people who have some credibility. Again, the guy you cited was the managing editor of a self described conservative news forum. Not only does he have no special knowledge of gas prices, it is literally his job to blame Biden for everything no matter what. And you selectively edited your quotes to hide that fact. That’s why you’re a troll.

11 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

I can't tell who, in particular, you're addressing.

Rather a few posters rely entirely on ad Hominem to the exclusion of supporting data or references.  Nitpicking those who do provide data and references seems rather counterproductive.

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Two wrongs do not make a right.  Three lefts do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Cite people who have some credibility. Again, the guy you cited was the managing editor of a self described conservative news forum. Not only does he have no special knowledge of gas prices, it is literally his job to blame Biden for everything no matter what. And you selectively edited your quotes to hide that fact. That’s why you’re a troll.

Are you saying the EIA is wrong because it was cited by a conservative? If I were to use MSNBC (your favorite news source) there would be no inflation, fentanyl deaths, border crisis, increase in crime, lower standard of living, ballooning deficits, etc. 

• Like 1