8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

That fentanyl inconvenience caused 50,000 Americans to die from ODs.

To put that in perspective,we lost about the same number of servicemen during the entirety of the Vietnam Conflict.With the burden of a Biden Border Crisis that number has sadly doubled.

unrelated or not he's a train wreck.

"Interesting" that you ignore fentanyl deaths while Trump was in office:

1050061516_fentanyldeathsusa2020.jpg.e9ba2aa5b813b74d89609950f71d69c3.jpg

(source)

Pop quiz: who was president in 2017-2020?

It seems to me that the current fentanyl crisis has a lot to do with the Trump administration failing spectacularly to do anything about it, letting it grow unchecked.  Just like they failed to address the Covid crisis.  Too busy building useless walls I guess.

But no, it must all be Biden's fault.  That's the ticket!  At least the "base" will buy that, and that's all that really matters to some people.

(edited)
1 hour ago, GeorgiaDon said:

"Interesting" that you ignore fentanyl deaths while Trump was in office:...

But no, it must all be Biden's fault.  That's the ticket!  At least the "base" will buy that, and that's all that really matters to some people.

trump declared it a "Emergency" in 2017 then cut funding. He appointed unqualified hacks to direct the crisis, Chris Christie and White House adviser Kellyanne Conway. . He ordered the defunding of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP).  Then reversed himself.

In December 2019 the GAO blasted the incompetence and stupidity of the trump drug policy regarding the crisis. "The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), within the Executive Office of the President, is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of national drug control policy,""ONDCP did not issue a national drug control strategy for either 2017 or 2018," the GAO concluded.

trump is almost solely responsible for the complete lack of action in his administration. Yet for republicans its just a sick political football.

Its amazing that right wing media can paint such concepts as Biden or Obama failures. That anyone can even be so stupid and ignorant. As to paste such failures on the left when trump cut funding for the very office responsible for the crisis management.

Edited by Phil1111

It's worth remembering that the only really consistent Trump policy was to cancel every program, treaty, policy, or law from the Obama administration, and replace it with nothing.  He cancelled the CDC's collaboration with the Chinese to monitor for emerging viruses, with the result that we were unaware of the Covid outbreak for months.  He ignored the national pandemic response plan that was developed after the H1N1 outbreak, and failed to develop any national plan of his own.  He went so far as to tell states they had to order their own PPE, setting up a scenario where states had to bid against each other and drive up the price, then he seized shipments destined for blue states and sent them to states whose governors sucked up to him.  It's true he did allow the government to fund fast-tracked vaccine development (though that was a "no-brainer") but then he failed to develop any sort of a plan to distribute the vaccines, and blocked the incoming Biden administration from getting the information they needed to develop their own plan.  Apart from Covid, he cancelled the program for dealing with black lung disease, and replaced it with nothing.  He withdrew the US from the WHO, leaving us with no mechanism for collaborating with other countries to deal with a world-wide pandemic.  He withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal and replaced it with nothing, with the result that Iran stopped abiding by the deal and is now closer to a nuclear weapon than the have ever been.  I could go on and on and on.  Hatred of Obama is not a substitute for a national policy on anything.  Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result, and people will be worse off for a long time because of Trump's obsession with erasing Obama from history.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, richravizza said:

That fentanyl inconvenience caused 50,000 Americans to die from ODs.

To put that in perspective,we lost about the same number of servicemen during the entirety of the Vietnam Conflict.With the burden of a Biden Border Crisis that number has sadly doubled.

unrelated or not he's a train wreck.

Hi rich,

But, he was the better choice in 2020.  A far greater train wreck was the administration of The Donald.

Jerry Baumchen

On 7/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, GeorgiaDon said:

Hatred of Obama is not a substitute for a national policy on anything. 

LOL, you wrote a paragraph on Trump. Look in the mirror, dude.

I'm not here to defend Trump, he's not the President.

So what does that graph tell you? It's been a problem building up to epidemic proportions for years, it was a problem during the Trump admin. and it is only getting worse, and it's  frumps  fault we are in the situation. 

The Bidens Admin.is like a LA public service message.Empower yourself, empower your Addiction by using our kit. 

The Right with Loza has a diddy for that.. the pipe itself is fake news, like Bubbas noose.

If we give them a clean rig, maybe they won't od.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/city-tells-junkies-not-to-be-ashamed-to-get-high/

https://www.city-journal.org/new-york-city-and-state-normalize-drug-use

A perfect picture of the prospects of pfentanyl Addiction. If your a fan of art,sit on this for a moment, what message does this convey to our youth about addiction and drug use. 

image.png.c2b4c895cc2d10fdc4c3c7a9cf51f929.png

This one is more accurate.

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Our Nation's trajectory doesn't look so good in this area, in five years we should be right around Covid mortality rates.

My Biden Memorial Day malsise message presented on Fourth of July.,Enjoy my Patriots the last verse being best at 2:20, for those offended. 

What makes you think your special to a new world order.

(edited)
On 7/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, Phil1111 said:

trump declared it a "Emergency" in 2017 then cut funding. He appointed unqualified hacks to direct the crisis, Chris Christie and White House adviser Kellyanne Conway. . He ordered the defunding of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP).  Then reversed himself.

In December 2019 the GAO blasted the incompetence and stupidity of the trump drug policy regarding the crisis. "The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), within the Executive Office of the President, is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of national drug control policy,""ONDCP did not issue a national drug control strategy for either 2017 or 2018," the GAO concluded.

trump is almost solely responsible for the complete lack of action in his administration. Yet for republicans its just a sick political football.

Its amazing that right wing media can paint such concepts as Biden or Obama failures. That anyone can even be so stupid and ignorant. As to paste such failures on the left when trump cut funding for the very office responsible for the crisis management.

"ONDCP did not issue a national drug control strategy for either 2017 or 2018," the GAO concluded.

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

I hope you find it,odd.Look closer, there just might be a reason other a ONDCP messaging that reduced ODs and least slowed the growth of their epidemic.Wonder ? what caused the positive outcome in from 2017-2019.

Which leads me to our disagreement on the border issue.Last time we ended our conversation was...

From a trusted News Source CNN+.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/29/us/san-antonio-migrant-truck-deaths-charges-filed/index.html

Seems the problem moved a little north last we spoke. We could start a grassroots movement; an underground railroad, asylum from America to Canada.The money angle moot since they sold everything for the coyotes and cartes safe passage, but I'm sure we can overwhelm the the Canadian border with a half a million or so...

At least we can agree, he did a poor job in our withdrawal.

Sad mostly, but no hate.

Edited by richravizza
no tunes

On 7/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, GeorgiaDon said:

It's worth remembering that the only rea Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result, and people will be worse off for a long time because of Trump's obsession with erasing Obama from history.

I think the same, that Bidens obsession with erasing Trump from history is the reason we're on this brandon train wreck.As for the "Hundreds of thousands of people that died as result" you should rethink that.I'm sure mass manslaughter charges are in order for Cuomo too.I'm trying to understand your fear of Republicans and hated to Trump. An unfortunate default but believe me, your not winning anyone over.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/11/1014967344/latino-voters-are-leaving-the-democratic-party

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/05/politics/democrats-hispanics-republicans-texas/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/politics/democrats-biden-black-voters-midterms/index.html

I can't believe I'm using CNN as a source but I'm sure you'll approve lol.

The public knows which President they are worse off by, try and focus on the present.

Bidens responses to Putins gas price hikes are hilarious. Wouldn't you agree? 

Obama called it a gimmick, Biden didn't remember the Federal Gas Tax Holiday,he thought it his own sad part, his handlers thought it a grand idea,like an obscure meeting with the culprit.

Open the Strategic reserves and when that has no result and is seen as a failure, in true character blame station owners. .https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2022/07/03/biden-continues-gas-price-blame-game-while-preserving-his-leasing-ban/?sh=712325c23c12

Take a trip to kiss Saudi ass,a fist pump later and Biden is humiliated when they tell him to fk off, peanuts.

On the dis and misinformation front Bidens handlers missed it by one letter with DGB,an orwellian twist to KGB but there you have it, a victim.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/21/1100438703/dhs-disinformation-board-nina-jankowicz

As to the direction of the country well...  trusted news

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/30/politics/polls-us-wrong-direction/index.html Please don't tell me your the 15% that are oblivious.

'Ultra Make America Great Again' is supposed to help… Democrats?" Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy asked. "Anyway, congrats to the consultants who were able to cash checks for this."

"Psaki said yesterday Biden came up with this all by himself though," radio host Dana Loesch pointed out, referring to comments outgoing White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said asserting the "ultra-MAGA" talking point was a Biden original.

So what are we to do? We just embraced it, and started selling merch. I heard the big guy wants a cut.LOL

I'm sorry that I didn't dissect your paragraph,but I think you'll agree the Abraham accords and the USMCA,not that bad.

For this one you have to stand and loosen up. Lift one knee to hip height then the other, leg lift twice  then the other side, you ready..this is going to be as much fun as the time wrap.

Whoa

5 hours ago, richravizza said:

I'm trying to understand your fear of Republicans and hated to Trump.

It's their agenda. Why is that hard to understand? Hating Trump is natural, he deserves it for so many reasons. Fearing the R agenda is also easy to understand. They have clearly stated that they want to move society backwards and to take away rights from people.

9 hours ago, richravizza said:

.I'm trying to understand your fear of Republicans

When a doctor is getting dragged through the mud and harassed by Republican government officials and media for helping a 10 year old rape victim who could not get help in her own state, I honestly don't understand how you cannot be fearful.

11 hours ago, richravizza said:

I'm trying to understand your fear of Republicans

Well, their mass attempt to kidnap and kill the US vice president and US senators for not stealing the election comes to mind.  As does their support of rapists and pedophiles, and their attacks on minorities, women and LGBT people.  They are a serious threat to many Americans - to their freedoms, to their families and friends, their children, even to their lives. 

Keep in mind that many of the recent mass shooters have been radicalized by the US right wing.  A recent mass killing in Buffalo where 10 people died was carried out by a white supremacist who believed in the "Great Replacement theory" - a theory popularized by republicans and right wing media.  And the 4th of July killings were carried out by a killer who was both a fervent Trump supporter and a Qanon follower.  In the past 6 years, dozens of violent crimes - assaults, shootings, murders - were performed by criminals who cited Trump's influence as the reason for the crime.  One man who assaulted a Latino by punching him in the face said "this is for Trump" as he did it.  Another criminal who tried to kill a Syrian man in Washington said that he wanted him "out of my country . . .that's why I like Trump."  A man who beat up a Delta airline employee for being Muslim yelled "you did nothing, but fuck Islam.  Fuck ISIS. Trump is here now. He will get rid of all of you" as he was beating her.

When the beatings and killings start, people take notice.

Don't forget that the Rs have been systematically disenfranchising the poor and minorities for a while.

Some of the latest efforts are REALLY scary.

How about the idea that a Republican appointed 'election commission' can decide to ignore the vote? Toss it out completely and install whatever candidate they want.

That's where we are heading. And it's not too far off.

Do you think the sitting Supreme Court would rule that sort of thing 'unconstitutional'?

On 7/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Don't forget that the Rs have been systematically disenfranchising the poor and minorities for a while.

Some of the latest efforts are REALLY scary.

How about the idea that a Republican appointed 'election commission' can decide to ignore the vote? Toss it out completely and install whatever candidate they want.

That's where we are heading. And it's not too far off.

Do you think the sitting Supreme Court would rule that sort of thing 'unconstitutional'?

Florida Rs established an election police force, ostensibly for punishing election fraud.  Except, it hasn't imposed any penalties on the fraud committed by Republicans in the last election.  I'm concerned for this November.

Just now, TriGirl said:

Florida Rs established an election police force, ostensibly for punishing election fraud.  Except, it hasn't imposed any penalties on the fraud committed by Republicans in the last election.  I'm concerned for this November.

A small taste of what is to come:

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump-2025-radical-plan-second-term?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial

On 3/4/2022 at 1:11 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

The funny part of that is that an engine run 'seldom' needs oil changed more often than one run regularly, unless the 'seldom' is 'long runs that get it fully up to temperature'

Update on this if anyone cares -

So I just did the second oil change.  First was at 3000 miles per dealer reccomendation.  This one was at 30,000 miles four years later.   Here's the oil.

20220807_185749.jpg

7 hours ago, billvon said:

So I just did the second oil change.  First was at 3000 miles per dealer reccomendation.  This one was at 30,000 miles four years later.   Here's the oil.

20220807_185749.jpg

I thought you had a Tesla? What make of car? Thats remarkable.

20220807_185749.jpg

That looks like magazine ad for a tasty new jug wine.

10 hours ago, billvon said:

20220807_185749.jpg

From what you said, you do the 'seldom run it, but when you do it gets run long enough to get to full operating temp' thing.

That oil validates what I said.

Guessing it's synthetic (which has a longer change interval).

I've seen opinions that you can just change the filter at 'normal' intervals and let the oil go twice as long. I personally wouldn't do that, but I tend to be conservative on oil changes. Summer cars & motorcycle get it once a year regardless of miles, which means I sometimes go 1500 miles or less on a change.

I do - but the wife gets that one.  This is a Prius Prime PHEV.  Engine runs very infrequently.

I was thinking that the engine had some new kind of rings or something. similar. I certainly wouldn't change it more frequently. What weight?

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Donate the used oil to be used for rolling coal.

I would think the dirtiest, chunkiest oil with the most metals possible would be ideal for that.  I mean, this stuff might even burn sorta clean and then where would you be?  With less toxic smoke, that's where!  You'd be the laughingstock of Howdy Arabia.

• Like 2