8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

Joe - what I said was, "Agree. I sure hope that he (Trump) gets out of the way. It seems that his level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama.  Both should step away like other Presidents have done."

I agreed with your post #2290 talking about Trumps ongoing involvement with politics.

In the 2nd Amendment thread you asked me to reply. You said, "...
 let's circle back to the Biden thread where inquiring minds are waiting to be enlightened in the many ways that Obama has been an equal pain in the nations collective ass to Donald J. Trump. You made the assertion so let's have some 'splainin' please."

The splainin is: 1) "inquiring minds aren't really waiting to be enlightened", it's more like they are wanting more stuff to "comment" on. I would use the term "argue" but we are doing so well lately. :)

2) Then, "... the many ways that Obama has been an equal pain in the nations collective ass to Donald J. Trump." Lucky for me that I didn't say that because it is clearly incorrect. I said, "It seems that his (Trump) level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama." Terms like "seem" indicate an opinion, then "more than" says that Trump has done more, and "but similar" meaning that they both mingled in government after leaving office.

You used the term "equal pain." There's no doubt that Trump has been and continues to be, more of a pain than any prior President. However, in the first year after leaving office Obama inserted himself in politics criticizing Trump on the DACA program, commented on GOP efforts on Obamacare, made numerous paid speeches, and campaigned for Democratic candidates. People pointed that out suggested he act like others that left office.

There's the 'splainin.' Be gentle please.

Time to go. Wifey has been gone for 2 weeks, and I have 1.5 hours to get the place converted from bachelor pad back to normal.

(edited)
1 hour ago, billeisele said:

Joe - what I said was, "Agree. I sure hope that he (Trump) gets out of the way. It seems that his level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama.  Both should step away like other Presidents have done."

I agreed with your post #2290 talking about Trumps ongoing involvement with politics.

In the 2nd Amendment thread you asked me to reply. You said, "...
 let's circle back to the Biden thread where inquiring minds are waiting to be enlightened in the many ways that Obama has been an equal pain in the nations collective ass to Donald J. Trump. You made the assertion so let's have some 'splainin' please."

The splainin is: 1) "inquiring minds aren't really waiting to be enlightened", it's more like they are wanting more stuff to "comment" on. I would use the term "argue" but we are doing so well lately. :)

2) Then, "... the many ways that Obama has been an equal pain in the nations collective ass to Donald J. Trump." Lucky for me that I didn't say that because it is clearly incorrect. I said, "It seems that his (Trump) level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama." Terms like "seem" indicate an opinion, then "more than" says that Trump has done more, and "but similar" meaning that they both mingled in government after leaving office.

You used the term "equal pain." There's no doubt that Trump has been and continues to be, more of a pain than any prior President. However, in the first year after leaving office Obama inserted himself in politics criticizing Trump on the DACA program, commented on GOP efforts on Obamacare, made numerous paid speeches, and campaigned for Democratic candidates. People pointed that out suggested he act like others that left office.

There's the 'splainin.' Be gentle please.

Time to go. Wifey has been gone for 2 weeks, and I have 1.5 hours to get the place converted from bachelor pad back to normal.

What I said several posts after what you said isn't relevant.

You said: 

"Agree. I sure hope that he gets out of the way. It seems that his level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama. Both should step away like other Presidents have done." 

Now, you say that saying seems is like sayin' just sayin', seems to me. It further seems to me that's similar to a crock of spit tobaccy juice. My point, and were this more personal than the internet I'd lube it for gentlemanly gentleness, is that you up and akin'ed Trumps horrendous, traitorous, illegal and, worse rude, behavior to Obama getting in the way giving paid speeches like every other past President and having personal opinions like he was posting on Dropzone.com., the cheeky bastard! So, it seems to me that you took a long paddle up the creek to not say nothin'.

Edited by JoeWeber

2 hours ago, billeisele said:

However, in the first year after leaving office Obama inserted himself in politics criticizing Trump on the DACA program, commented on GOP efforts on Obamacare, made numerous paid speeches, and campaigned for Democratic candidates.

So he acted  . . . like most people here?  That's not "inserting himself in politics."   That is using his First Amendment rights to speak his mind.

Getting himself elected governor would be inserting himself in politics.  Launching lawsuit after lawsuit to cancel the election would be inserting himself in politics.  Starting a new social media platform specifically to carry political messages would be inserting himself in politics.   Trying to "cancel" republican candidates for not bowing to him would be inserting himself in politics.  Stealing classified information from the White House, then using that information illegally, would be inserting himself in politics.

Do you see the difference there?

1 hour ago, billvon said:

So he acted  . . . like most people here?  That's not "inserting himself in politics."   That is using his First Amendment rights to speak his mind.

Getting himself elected governor would be inserting himself in politics.  Launching lawsuit after lawsuit to cancel the election would be inserting himself in politics.  Starting a new social media platform specifically to carry political messages would be inserting himself in politics.   Trying to "cancel" republican candidates for not bowing to him would be inserting himself in politics.  Stealing classified information from the White House, then using that information illegally, would be inserting himself in politics.

Do you see the difference there?

Of course he doesn't.

He sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Of course he doesn't.

He sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.

Yes. It's a social function; that is to say it's a belief system. For a lot of people it's no less a starting and stopping point than their religions. They believe they're engaging fairly but fairly means no serious push back allowed, as an understood courtesy. Outside of their local system things get more difficult.  Attempts are made to apply rules they're accustomed to and friction happens, then a return to gentlemanly behavior is expected. But mainly the things you say are never tied to the things you actually believe: that's rude.

19 minutes ago, jakee said:

This strikes me as more of a complaint kinda thing.

Agreed, Biden was complaining that Putin was responsible for inflation.  We all know it was because of the two trillion dollars the Ds dropped on an already hot economy while strangling our domestic energy production.

Put demand on crack while crushing supply = inflation 

Anytime since WW2 every time unemployment was <4% and inflation was >6% the economy went into recession. Let’s go Brandon >:(

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

We all know it was because of the two trillion dollars the Ds dropped on an already hot economy while strangling our domestic energy production.

Wow, that caused global inflation...impressive.

We have also frequently shown how domestic energy production is regulated by Wall Street.

However all of this would require acquiring a bit more knowledge and information than can be contained in memes, so I am not surprised you are having a hard time trying to comprehend.

27 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Wow, that caused global inflation...impressive.

We have also frequently shown how domestic energy production is regulated by Wall Street.

However all of this would require acquiring a bit more knowledge and information than can be contained in memes, so I am not surprised you are having a hard time trying to comprehend.

The US was not the only country to print money during the pandemic. Not to mention the dollar is the de facto global currency.

When the government puts its thumb on the scales, Wall Street gets nervous.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/24/biden-climate-banks-2103097

With regard to memes, I prefer brevity over bloviating.

https://joshlinkner.com/2015/brilliance-brevity/

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The US was not the only country to print money during the pandemic.

Oh you think deficit spending only happened during the pandemic. That's cute.

When the government puts its thumb on the scales, Wall Street gets nervous.

Which has nothing to do with reduced oil production. new production was already down under trump...cause investors didn't like it.

With regard to memes, I prefer brevity over bloviating.

Yes I am not surprised you would think anything more than a few words is bloviating. Probably saw that on a meme too!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-biden-and-the-democrats-should-be-absolutely-terrified-by-these-new-poll-numbers
Biden reaches new lows.

“Democrats are sort of like a man lost at sea who finally decides to quench his thirst by drinking saltwater. And if the Democrats are out to sea, Biden deserves much of the blame.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-resume-oil-gas-drilling-public-land-despite-biden-campaign-pledge-2022-04-15/

“The Biden administration’s claim that it must hold these lease sales is pure fiction and a reckless failure of climate leadership,” said Randi Spivak, public lands director for the group. “It’s as if they’re ignoring the horror of firestorms, floods and megadroughts, and accepting climate catastrophes as business as usual."

Biden is getting it from both sides :rofl: