8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, kallend said:

You've been around for a while.  How about linking to some of your posts where you criticized Trump for PROVABLE misdeeds - like fraud and admitted sexual assault.

I’m still waiting for a conviction for some of these “PROVABLE” misdeeds.  I agree that a second Trump presidency would be a disaster for our country so why isn’t he in jail?  The Democrats have spent hundreds of millions of dollars and countless hours investigating his alleged misdeeds and have nothing to show for it. If they can’t make something stick before the mid-terms, Trump 2.0 is all but inevitable.

27 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’m still waiting for a conviction for some of these “PROVABLE” misdeeds. 

So are you going to shut the fuck up about Joe Biden until he gets convicted too?

Thought not. I’m sure there’s a good reason why it’s different though.

• Like 3

(edited)
48 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The Democrats have spent hundreds of millions of dollars and countless hours investigating his alleged misdeeds and have nothing to show for it. If they can’t make something stick before the mid-terms, Trump 2.0 is all but inevitable.

Are you actually insane? 

You’re losing your shit because you think Joe Biden might have once introduced Hunter to a foreign official. Trump gave his business to his children then invited his children into government. He invites them into international conferences in an official capacity. He gave his son in law (who is reliant on foreign investment) official responsibility for damn near every single facet of US foreign policy. None of this even needs to be investigated, it’s all out in the open. 

As far as investigations go, the Republican commissioned Mueller investigation ended up with Trump’s personal lawyer going to prison for doing Trump’s bidding. Democrat investigations led to Trump’s charity being shut down because of illegal behaviour that Trump and his family (again, the same ones he invited into the government) have admitted. Democrat investigations led to it being factually established that Trump and Giuliani tried to hold Ukrainian aid hostage for a personal political favour.

Nothing? How naive are you?

Edited by jakee

16 minutes ago, jakee said:

Are you actually insane? 

You’re losing your shit because you think Joe Biden might have once introduced Hunter to a foreign official. Trump gave his business to his children then invited his children into government. He invites them into international conferences in an official capacity. He gave his son in law (who is reliant on foreign investment) official responsibility for damn near every single facet of US foreign policy. None of this even needs to be investigated, it’s all out in the open. 

As far as investigations go, the Republican commissioned Mueller investigation ended up with Trump’s personal lawyer going to prison for doing Trump’s bidding. Democrat investigations led to Trump’s charity being shut down because of illegal behaviour that Trump and his family (again, the same ones he invited into the government) have admitted. Democrat investigations led to it being factually established that Trump and Giuliani tried to hold Ukrainian aid hostage for a personal political favour.

Nothing? How naive are you?

So why isn’t he in jail?

35 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

So why isn’t he in jail?

Because the republican gang has well defined walls of self protection. Because the American justice system protects its presidents like the UK protects its royalty.

OK, not as much as the UK and its royalty. But when presidents are immune from having to testify under oath. When they get special treatment from prosecutors. When they can give away get outa jail free cards.

45 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Because the republican gang has well defined walls of self protection. Because the American justice system protects its presidents like the UK protects its royalty

Because money can buy the best justice, just like money can buy the best everything else.

Wendy P. 

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Bill, please consider my post above, (2290), Trump is not playing by the usual rules.

Agree. I sure hope that he gets out of the way. It seems that his level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama.  Both should step away like other Presidents have done.

2 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Agree. I sure hope that he gets out of the way. It seems that his level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama.  Both should step away like other Presidents have done.

Bill, how can you say that? I'm sorry, but if you aren't including anything other than waking up and putting ones pants on in the morning you are gravely mistaken. Trumps level of interference with our national, state and local politics goes beyond any previous measures. That is plainly obvious.

5 minutes ago, billeisele said:

In what way did Obama try to stay in office illegally?

In what way did Obama's cronies try to overthrow the election so that Hilary would take office instead of Trump (despite her winning the popular vote)?

In what way is Obama's involvement similar to Trump?

Obama stayed out of the limelight for almost the entire time Trump was in office.
Last week was the first time (in well over a year of Biden's admin) that he showed up at the White House. And that was to promote health insurance (you know, the thing the Rs like to call "Obamacare").

As usual, the 'bothsiderism' is disgusting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

So why isn’t he in jail?

Because America doesn’t have Presidents anymore, they have temporary monarchs.

Anyway, do you promise not to say anything more about Biden unless he goes to jail or will you continue to be a massive hypocrite?

13 hours ago, billeisele said:

Bill - at some point people need to realize that saying Trump is/was a bigger jerk/slimeball/crook or any other term is not a defense for someone else being a criminal and influence peddler.

I agree!  In this case, Biden is not a criminal, and is no more or less an influence peddler than any other politician.  (Indeed, "influence peddler" is pretty much in the job description of ANY politician.  They bargain with their influence to achieve their goals.)

Since he is not a criminal - and is not even under any investigation - that argument doesn't fly.  You can, of course, say he's slimy or sorta criminal like.  But to attack him for his being sorta criminal like, where you support people who are under active criminal investigations, is somewhat hypocritical.

4 hours ago, billeisele said:

Agree. I sure hope that he gets out of the way. It seems that his level of involvement is more than but similar to Obama. 

Yep.  We can all recall Obama organizing a deadly insurrection to ensure that Hillary Clinton won the presidential election.  

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Because America doesn’t have Presidents anymore, they have temporary monarchs.

Anyway, do you promise not to say anything more about Biden unless he goes to jail or will you continue to be a massive hypocrite?

He has already lied about Hunter’s business dealings with the Chinese and his knowledge thereof… so no I will continue share updates as they become available.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

where you support people who are under active criminal investigations, is somewhat hypocritical.

Bill - This is just ridiculous. You regularly and incorrectly assume things that are not true.

I'm merely commenting on the facts being uncovered. To deny them is your choice.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Bill - This is just ridiculous. You regularly and incorrectly assume things that are not true.

I'm merely commenting on the facts being uncovered. To deny them is your choice.

What facts about Obama's level of "involvement" being similar to Trumps? Please get specific.

Edited by JoeWeber

34 minutes ago, billeisele said:

You said Biden was a criminal.  That is provably untrue.

You said that Obama's level of involvement in US political activity after the end of his presidency was similar to Trump's.  Again, that is provably untrue; Obama did nothing to try to undermine the legitimacy of Trump's election, as the first and largest example.

Again, perhaps start changing things right there at home before you demand that others change to suit you.   Matthew 7:3 and all that.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

He has already lied about Hunter’s business dealings with the Chinese and his knowledge thereof… so no I will continue share updates as they become available.

So why hasn’t he gone to prison?

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Because America doesn’t have Presidents anymore, they have temporary monarchs.”

So how naive are you to say that the Republican and Democrat investigations of Trump found nothing?

56 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Nothing serious enough to prevent him from becoming the next President 

Nothing serious enough was found to stop Joe Biden from becoming President either, so are you going to shut up about him or continue being a massive hypocrite?

17 minutes ago, jakee said:

Nothing serious enough was found to stop Joe Biden from becoming President either, so are you going to shut up about him or continue being a massive hypocrite?

The thread is “President Biden, critics corner”. 
If you want to start a “President Biden Fan Boys” or “Orange Man Bad” thread, be my guest.