8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

10 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And here it is… 

well, if the video uploaded right  

Wendy P.

FullSizeRender.mov

It appears to be a 5 second clip. But it won't play because it wants me to d/l a CODEC for the low price of $1.29!

Edit, I found a way to play it. Very exciting!

Edited by gowlerk

34 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It appears to be a 5 second clip. But it won't play because it wants me to d/l a CODEC for the low price of $1.29!

Same here.

Wendy, if you upload it to Youtube it will be converted into a form that plays pretty much anywhere.

Meanwhile you can watch my Antarctic video here (included penguin sex somewhere).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcLbwPEB4_VTJhqGwgArq95ytWwG6Q-l/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It is a regular MOV file in H.265 format (aka HEVC).

It should play in any up-to-date video player.

25 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

And it did. But the first time I tried it Windows movie player asked me to buy a codec.

Buy a codec??? I've never bought a codec in my life.

In general, VLC will play absolutely anything, and it is free.

In fact VLC will even play INSV files produced by Insta360 cameras, even though it doesn't know how to stitch the images together. (Each file is a 180-degree fisheye in 2880x2880.)

Edited by ryoder
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Buy a codec??? I've never bought a codec in my life.

Nor I. I once paid for a copy of Netscape in a computer store before I found out it was free. That learned me for life. I never pay for software. At least not for personal use. I have MPC-HP installed. It played it, but it wasn't associated with .mov files yet. The native Windows 10 movie player told me to go to the Microtheft store to get the HEVC codec.

Screenshot 2021-12-31 15.15.15.png

Edited by gowlerk

40 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Biden just promoted Harris….again 

“President Harris”:$

I just wish he could do more to validate your world view than fumble his words. Personally, I am much happier with a President who has a speech impediment than a severe brain impediment. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I just wish he could do more to validate your world view than fumble his words. Personally, I am much happier with a President who has a speech impediment than a severe brain impediment. 

Or an ethics and honesty impediment.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, SkyDekker said:

It is indeed a sorry state when Trump and Biden are the best a country can manage. Can't imagine wanting to gloat about that.....

It's an indictment of the Constitution (and its interpretation by the SCOTUS) that it  has led inexorably to this state of affairs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kallend said:

It's an indictment of the Constitution (and its interpretation by the SCOTUS) that it  has led inexorably to this state of affairs.

At the time the Constitution was written there were no political parties (although they appeared soon after) and several of the "Founding Fathers" wrote against political parties in the Federalist Papers (although some of them later became founders/leaders of early parties).  They hoped that those elected to public office would act as well-meaning individuals, concerned about good government and not about personal power.  They hoped that ideas would be presented and debated, and legislators would then vote on positions that they believed were in the best interest of the country.  I don't know if they were really so naive, or if they really believed that could become reality.  At any rate I think they would be horrified to discover that one of the two biggest parties in the country has given itself over to grabbing power for itself, to the extent that they are quite willing to dump the spirit of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, just to install themselves and their pathologically narcissistic dictatorial leader into a permanent position of power.

As far as the SCOTUS is concerned it's power has grown far beyond what the Founders imagined, or intended.  Today most of the Justices are products of the Federalist Society, dedicated to (or at least strongly influenced by) ideas that favor putting political control in the hands of a few wealthy people.  After all if they are rich it must be because they more qualified to govern than the unwashed masses!  The judiciary may not write laws directly, but they can strike down anything that doesn't conform to their political leaning.

• Like 3