8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

If Harris were elected which specific harms do you imagine will be her real agenda that might justify panicked fleeing?

CRT might be un-outlawed!  (The field of study, not the old display device.)  Science might be taught in schools!  You'd have vaccines and smart grids and EV's and long distance HVDC transmission lines and grid scale storage and other tools of the devil.  Not only might you see a woman as a CEO, she might make as much as a real CEO!  Voting by mail, fewer gerrymanders, Januarys without fun insurrections!  You'd have black people moving into white neighborhoods and buying out white families without so much as a fare-thee-well.  It would be just like Nazi Germany.  (But, you know, woke.)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, billvon said:

CRT might be un-outlawed!  (The field of study, not the old display device.)  Science might be taught in schools!  You'd have vaccines and smart grids and EV's and long distance HVDC transmission lines and grid scale storage and other tools of the devil.  Not only might you see a woman as a CEO, she might make as much as a real CEO!  Voting by mail, fewer gerrymanders, Januarys without fun insurrections!  You'd have black people moving into white neighborhoods and buying out white families without so much as a fare-thee-well.  It would be just like Nazi Germany.  (But, you know, woke.)

All that nonsense aside, your espousal of intellectual mediocrity as embodied by Harris in this particular case, is both telling and consistent.

BSBD,

Winsor

6 minutes ago, winsor said:

All that nonsense aside, your espousal of intellectual mediocrity as embodied by Harris in this particular case, is both telling and consistent

BSBD,

Winsor

Your fear of Harris mandating vaccines.then taking away your bibles and guns. Is consistent.

45 minutes ago, winsor said:

I like it! Hillary is totally what we need at this critical juncture. Where can I send a few bucks? My biggest fear now is the country going down the tubes and I'm no longer around to see it. She'll get the job done, for sure.

Vice President Spiro Agnew and Vice President Kamala Harris Approval ratings.  Their numbers change from day to day and Agnew's ratings were before the criminal investigation and his resignation.  I still find the numbers interesting.

Gallup found mixed opinions about Agnew among the American public. In a poll conducted in May 1970, as the nation was reeling from the Kent State massacre -- an event Agnew described as "murder" -- Gallup found 49% of Americans approved of Agnew, while 32% disapproved.

As of Dec. 14, 41% of registered voters had a favorable opinion of Harris and 52% had an unfavorable opinion — a net rating of -11 percentage points, according to a Times average. 

Edited by Bigfalls

17 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

Vice President Spiro Agnew and Vice President Kamala Harris Approval ratings.  Their numbers change from day to day and Agnew's ratings were before the criminal investigation and his resignation.  I still find the numbers interesting.

Gallup found mixed opinions about Agnew among the American public. In a poll conducted in May 1970, as the nation was reeling from the Kent State massacre -- an event Agnew described as "murder" -- Gallup found 49% of Americans approved of Agnew, while 32% disapproved.

As of Dec. 14, 41% of registered voters had a favorable opinion of Harris and 52% had an unfavorable opinion — a net rating of -11 percentage points, according to a Times average. 

The historical context is irrelevant. We have Harris because that was required to unseat Trump. All things Presidential are now viewed in terms of Before Trump and After Trump.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigfalls said:

And here we are.

Sort of. I'd actually say the here the next generations are. Most of the liberals on this site, oddly enough, seem well set and will only benefit more as the disaster unfolds. But no matter how anyone wants to parse it, the people who were willing to pay more for a better society aren't to blame for this shit show. That belongs to the low taxes for the richest, me get mine first, johnny get your gun, let's use the religious to win crowd. 

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That belongs to the low taxes for the richest, me get mine first, johnny get your gun, let's use the religious to win crowd. 

What is the lowest common denominator that ties this motely crew of anti-social deplorable types together in their basket?

18 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

What is the lowest common denominator that ties this motely crew of anti-social deplorable types together in their basket?

The inability to recognize the most blatantly obvious case of mental illness in a celebrity that we have ever seen.

Just now, ryoder said:

The inability to recognize the most blatantly obvious case of mental illness in a celebrity that we have ever seen.

It's not that they couldn't recognize it.

It's that they LIKED it.

They like the way he 'stood up for himself'

They liked the way he treated women and minorities. 
And the disabled.

He did and said all the things they wanted to do.
And got away with them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

And religion

I'm just curious. Is it OK to hate Christians if they're black? Or, blacks if they're Christian? Is it OK to explain to them that their religion is bullshit, fairy dust and sky puppets? 

Asking for a friend. 

19 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I'm just curious. Is it OK to hate Christians if they're black? Or, blacks if they're Christian? Is it OK to explain to them that their religion is bullshit, fairy dust and sky puppets? 

Asking for a friend. 

It is okay to hate that there are people who wish to impose there beliefs upon others. No matter what their colour or religion. It is also okay to explain your own beliefs to them as it is for them to try to convert you to theirs.

Is it okay for someone to tell my children that their parents are going to be sent to hell to be tortured for eternity? Is it okay to protest outside of a funeral for a war casualty because god hates fags?  Asking for a friend.

9 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Asking for a friend. 

Hate the sin, not the sinner, or so I'm told.

How I look at someone is circumstantial.  If a person from a particular group makes their living by using blades on other people, there's a difference between a member of a street gang and a surgeon.

Harvard graduates were behind the trials that got people hanged for witchcraft in what was then Salem (now more like Malden).  This does not speak well of superstitious people in general or Harvard grads in particular.

I know superstitious people of a broad range of origins, and I know rather a few who know how to fly below the radar.  That's not a knack I've picked up.

Like genitals, if someone can keep their religious delusions to themselves, it doesn't pay to dwell on it.  If, OTOH, they want to lay either out in public, they should be ready for a modicum of criticism.

Like Marxists, most 'Christians' haven't read the original texts.  Some guy at work got to proselytizing in the break room, and wasn't prepared for anyone having more than a superficial understanding of the subject.  Beyond a 'God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!" mentality, he did not have much else going for him.

I also worked with a guy who thought he understood the Hebrew Scriptures better than a Rabbi (for real).  I finally told him the we still hold the copyright on the original texts, and that he was working from unapproved translations.

So yeah, it's okay to get into the mechanics of their delusions if they make the mistake of asking.

BSBD,

Winsor

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It is okay to hate that there are people who wish to impose there beliefs upon others. No matter what their colour or religion. It is also okay to explain your own beliefs to them as it is for them to try to convert you to theirs.

That is the point. Respect for each others' culture. Even on Dropzone.com. 

10 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Is it okay for someone to tell my children that their parents are going to be sent to hell to be tortured for eternity?

What'd you do? xD

11 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Is it okay to protest outside of a funeral for a war casualty because god hates fags?  Asking for a friend.

Patriot Guards - a group of then mostly Christian men (and all veterans) who stood against those fringe "Christians." So, the answer is, "No."  P.S. Did you know the PGR stood against Westboro when they planned on protesting the Gay Pride parade in San Francisco.

But, we digress. The point being that the same verbiage used against blacks (or any culture) is used against the Christian culture on this site. I'll bet you have a friend who is Christian.