8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

56 minutes ago, billvon said:

Because in the past you have said that you post to get angry responses from people here.  That's the definition of trolling.

When have I ever said that?

You recently accused me of “trolling” right wing news sources to find things critical of Biden, when my last four sources were: NPR, the NYT, Politico and a Democratic operative.  Your statement was demonstrably false, yet you accuse me of being untruthful.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:02 PM, JoeWeber said:

Are you ever not completely stoned?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

The upshot: In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony.

...and I'm Stoned? LOL 

(edited)
1 hour ago, richravizza said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

The upshot: In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony.

...and I'm Stoned? LOL 

Hi rich,

Not matter what Joe Biden does do, does not do, I will take him every day over Trump.

And, to be somewhat fair; what do you think of Trump's continual insistence that he won the 2020 election?

Jerry Baumchen

ETA)  The story is over two yrs old.  Do you really think it is relevant?

Edited by JerryBaumchen

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

...and I'm Stoned? LOL 

covfefe

42 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi rich,

Not matter what Joe Biden does do, does not do, I will take him every day over Trump.

And, to be somewhat fair; what do you think of Trump's continual insistence that he won the 2020 election?

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry, 

He's not Trump does not mean you have to be a fan nor should you be. Like Trump he should be criticized,as the Emperor's clothes.

ETA) was a rebuttal to someones stoned comment It's been a month, just catching up.

I haven't heard a word from Trump since the humanitarians banned him from the public square,for our safety of course. I think He will never say publicly, he lost, fair and square,even if he knows it to be true.

So how did your political foray go?

I hope better than my recall effort, We got slaughtered LOL 

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi rich,

Jerry Baumchen

The story was from over two years ago, my post was from over a month ago; so it goes from our head out back to smoke another "fatty" political scientist.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:56 PM, brenthutch said:

No need for mask, now we need a mask, now we need two masks, get vaccinated and you don’t need a mask, the vaccine is super effective, vaccinated can’t get COVID, well you might get it but your viral load will be so low that you can’t spread it, even if you have been vaccinated you still need to wear a mask, prior infection is less efficacious than the vaccine, actually immunity imparted by prior infection is more robust than the vaccine, we don’t anticipate the need for a booster, oops now you need a booster (and don’t listen to the WHO if they tell you differently)

yep quite consistent 

Thanks for the laughs, you should sell tickets,or at least the rights.

So back at you with consistent Bideneese,

"The unvaccinated are putting the vaccinated at risk." sit on that for a moment.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:04 PM, brenthutch said:

Maybe if their funds were cut earlier they wouldn’t have had the money to finance gain-of-function research in China and we wouldn’t have to be in this mess.

Touché sir,

I heard the Disney monthly subscription model in Plus and Parks was such a money maker,both Pfizer and J&J will be giving it a try.

Approved by benevolent Billionaires and future Nobel Prize recipients. 

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

He's not Trump does not mean you have to be a fan nor should you be. Like Trump he should be criticized,as the Emperor's clothes.

I agree.  I am not a fan; he's a pretty sad president.  He was merely the better choice.

17 minutes ago, billvon said:

I agree.  I am not a fan; he's a pretty sad president.  He was merely the better choice.

Yep, but it's not like he's sitting with a sure to win hand, either. No matter, you are judged by your results and that's fair. I am, however, somewhat happy about our subtle foreign policy shift to Asia while coterminously repairing our European alliances.

23 minutes ago, billvon said:

If I put my myself in your shoes I can totally relate.Now if you would put on my shoes.  HRC or Change.

39 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

At least you are talking policy now.

How much is 5 trillion, Do you think it a grand idea?

I 'm having trouble conceptualizing the amount, let alone a policy to pay it back. LOL

Now I could be wrong, but I think it's equivalent of 500 aircraft carriers.

So the citizenry of every State in the Nation is going to borrow to buy ten.Bravo Joe.

3 hours ago, richravizza said:

Hi Jerry, 

ETA) was a rebuttal to someones stoned comment It's been a month, just catching up.

I haven't heard a word from Trump since the humanitarians banned him from the public square,for our safety of course. I think He will never say publicly, he lost, fair and square,even if he knows it to be true.

So how did your political foray go?

I hope better than my recall effort, We got slaughtered LOL 

Hi rich,

Re:  He's not Trump does not mean you have to be a fan nor should you be.

It also does not preclude me from being a fan.  Joe B was not my first choice for the nomination; however, I stand by this mantra:  HE IS NOT TRUMP

Unless he does something that, right now, I cannot imagine, I will support him.

If he gets a 2nd term, I will re-evaluate.

Re:  Like Trump he should be criticized

And, you are, without much success, doing so.  

Jerry Baumchen

9 hours ago, richravizza said:

How much is 5 trillion, Do you think it a grand idea?

I don't understand why this idea is even being considered when the poor old USA can not even afford universal healthcare. US national politics is very irrational from my point of view.

23 minutes ago, billvon said:

I think based on actual performance we can safely conclude that Trump was the worse choice there.

Joe is a man at the end of his career who fell into a chance to achieve his dream of being POTUS. Now he is giving it his all to become one who made a real difference in policy. He is reaching for the sky as much as he can with his agenda. It is a nearly impossible task with the cards he has been dealt, but I think that most likely he feels he has little to lose at this point. I can not even begin to predict what the next cycle will bring. It looks more and more like a possible rematch. God help America.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I don't understand why this idea is even being considered when the poor old USA can not even afford universal healthcare. US national politics is very irrational from my point of view.

Well, we have to spend the money on endless wars and huge tax breaks for the zillionaires. 

Spending that money on something as foolish and useless as people's health would just be silly and wasteful (we really need a sarcasm font on here).

And US politics is actually very rational.
The GOP wants to dismantle all of the social safety nets and silly 'rules' that restrict rich people from doing what ever they want to whomever they want in order to become more rich & powerful.
Of course, they want to take away the individual rights of the 'little people' to do it.
They've been trying to do this since the 50s and have been succeeding at it since Reagan in the 80s.
They want to go back to the 'Gilded Age' of the late 19th century or the 'boom' days of the 1920s. 
You know, the times right before the economy crashed.

The part of the preamble to the Constitution that says 'promote the general welfare' is not something they think is important.

Some people are more deserving of equal protection than others. After all, they paid for it with their taxes, and this is a capitalist society. At least that’s how I think the thinking goes. Kind of like how more money can buy better justice in criminal and civil cases  

Wendy P. 

(edited)
30 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Trump, Trump will be the republican ticket for President and Vice President. And they will be elected.

Which is why I've come to believe that Covid, Climate Change and Brent are pointless concerns in the short term. The R's are as likely to take the House in 2022 as not, and that's being optimistic. With Manchin and Sinema they already have the Senate. Bidens numbers are tanking. As absurd as Trump is he is not a forgotten person. Far from it, as we've seen R after R come kneel and kiss his ring to assure their reelections. With an R House and Senate who can believe a Democratic Presidential win wouldn't stand a large chance of not being certified? I can also see these pathetic and weak kneed Democrats, for the sake of the nation, just tossing in the towel in the face of the chaos to follow. 

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1