8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Wrong as usual. Your quote makes no reference to both trump's and Biden's popularity today.

This rates GOP and it rates president Biden at 44% approval and a general ballot at 45% Dem v. 38% GOP  as of two days ago.

Why do you insist upon trolling? Is it genetic?

Biden is dropping and will probably continue to drop as it looks like his massive spending plan is DOA (according to Joe Manchin).  

More lies from Biden

https://nypost.com/2021/09/02/tree-of-life-synagogue-disputes-joe-bidens-claim-he-visited/

““I remember spending time at the, you know, going to the, you know, the Tree of Life synagogue, speaking with them,”

BTW the midterms will be decided state by state and district by district not a general ballot.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:48 AM, RonD1120 said:

I am just angered, saddened and frustrated. I receive comms from several covert organizations. One that I received yesterday stated that the Taliban are terrorizing the rural villages. The men are being shot and the women and children are given to the troops as prizes. The females are being raped. After twenty years of relative peace, evil has triumphed overnight.

I feel you bro,from an armed forces perspective.Our foundational motivation has always been to stand for the good, liberty freedom and basic human rights.

To have that crushed. It is an evil prevailing  "overnight", and unfortunately,  history repeating itself.Nam comes to mind. Cambodia and the killing fields.This is our reality now, an unfortunate similarity to that of the protesters and supporters, so long ago.

I thought about the withdrawal and relative peace over the recent years.Should we have stayed?  Then the most tragic day on our part,since 2015. We've given much too long.

To all who gave to benevolent causes, you are a Hero, rarely do I use that word, but there it is.Hero;a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

While you were being bludgeoned,LOL   A thought for you...

"Put up with being laughed at on occasion; look around you, and give yourself a good shaking to find out who you really are."

• Like 1

That was easy.Tag teamed ,your it.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:49 PM, richravizza said:

The Truth hurts so bad. 

LA's a far cry from the early 90's and the Golden State I came to love.Vid nearly brought me to tears.These problems have been going, growing, on for years, and the usual suspects get promoted.

A 1.2 billion bond was approved and The homeless industrial complex is born.

That's why Garcetti is going to India, accountability, and lots of OJT.

I'll revisit Forbes, for some sweet dreams.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:37 PM, billvon said:

I first came to LA in 1985.  We were driving in.  As we descended into the valley, we could see the top layer of smog.  As we entered it, visibilty went to about 500 feet and we could smell a combination of gasoline, burning tires and plain old smoke.

When I started jumping there in 1993, I saw something similar.  From jump run you could see straight down, but everywhere else (especially near sunset) was just an orange/yellow glow from the reflection off the smog.

Today you can see the San Gabriel mountains from SR73, 50 miles away.

So some things have gotten quite a bit better.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:41 AM, kallend said:

When I first went to LA in 1978 we could see the brown dome of goop rising over the top of the mountains, shortly after leaving Barstow on I-15 (it may still have been US 66 back then).

If neo-liberal speech was an olympic sport... 

A double virtue signal, straight into the...

On 8/18/2021 at 5:12 PM, billvon said:

Fair enough.  Will you vote for clearer skies, or brown smog everywhere?

180 denier reversal... he stuck it!   Gold!

Example one, and done.

The room was silent.

“This is the God’s truth,” Biden had said as he told the story. “My word as a Biden.”

Except almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect{edit; a lie.} Based on interviews with more than a dozen U.S. troops, their commanders and Biden campaign officials, it appears as though the former vice president has jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion and regret that never happened.

Washington Compost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The room was silent.

“This is the God’s truth,” Biden had said as he told the story. “My word as a Biden.”

Except almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect{edit; a lie.} Based on interviews with more than a dozen U.S. troops, their commanders and Biden campaign officials, it appears as though the former vice president has jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion and regret that never happened.

Washington Compost.

Are you ever not completely stoned?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richravizza said:

I feel you bro,from an armed forces perspective.Our foundational motivation has always been to stand for the good, liberty freedom and basic human rights.

To have that crushed.

???

If your motivation is that sensitive, I'd say all the times the US military was used to actively oppose liberty, freedom and basic human rights in various parts of the world would have crushed it a long tine ago. On a list of anti-democratic things the US military has done, leaving Afghanistan isn't in the top 10.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/01/biden-pushed-afghanistan-president-project-different-picture/5679373001/

“I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban, and there’s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

This is another example of Biden lying.  The guy has a much difficulty with the truth as he does with walking 

• Like 1

It appears to me that the last 4 presidents, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama and Trump aged more that a year for each year they were President.

The job takes it's toll.  Biden is already old and looks old, what kind of condition is he going to be in after 4 years in the White House.

Maybe someone can do a computer generated age progression for Biden.

12 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

It appears to me that the last 4 presidents, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama and Trump aged more that a year for each year they were President.

The job takes it's toll.  Biden is already old and looks old, what kind of condition is he going to be in after 4 years in the White House.

Good idea, that'll be useful. Maybe if your imaginary forensic predictologist friend has some leftover ones and zeros they can show us what a disaster the country would be four years from now were Trump still President.

1 hour ago, Bigfalls said:

That's been true since there have been pictures to document it.

This is from a work of fiction, but it rings pretty true (bonus points to anyone who identifies it - for real, not by googling it):

“We used to watch Presidents decay before our very eyes from month to month and even week to week on national TV—except for Nixon, of course, who thrived on power the way that a vampire bat thrives on blood, and Reagan, who seemed a little too stupid to get old. I guess Gerald Ford was that way, too.”

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Good idea, that'll be useful. Maybe if your imaginary forensic predictologist friend has some leftover ones and zeros they can show us what a disaster the country would be four years from now were Trump still President.

If Trump was still President, he would probably try to buy Afghanistan and build hotels.

https://swiftheadline.com/college-football-fans-keep-chanting-fck-joe-biden/

It looks like I am not the only one critical of Joe Biden.  Record inflation, unvaccinated illegals and drugs flowing through our southern border, covid spreading, real wages dropping, labor shortage, rampant crime, terrorist safe haven established in Afghanistan…..”you’re doing a hell of a job Joey”

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

None of that article says record inflation.

Only the part that said:

“Friday brought more confirmation of rising inflation after the United States Department of Labor said that its Producer Price Index (PPI) – which measures prices that businesses fetch for the goods and services they sell – jumped 8.3 percent in August from a year earlier, the biggest advance since the data was first measured back in November 2010.”

I guess if you wanted to be overly pedantic (too late) you could make the argument inflation was worse during the Weimar Republic in Germany so it’s not really a record.  Would it make you feel better if I said the largest jump in the PPI EVER RECORDED by the department of labor?  You seem grouchy.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

As long as you included they’ve only been measuring it for 11 years. Data transparency and all that. I lived in Brazil in the 60’s and early 70’s. I lived in the US in the late 70’s (our last significant high inflation era). This ain’t nothing. For that matter, the US was nothing as compared with Brazil. 
Wendy P. 

23 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Would it make you feel better if I said the largest jump in the PPI EVER RECORDED by the department of labor?

in 11 years....

You said: record inflation. While you meant largest increase in a completely different index in 11 years.

Is there anything you can get right? Do you think you could state your name without fucking it up?

Just now, SkyDekker said:

in 11 years....

You said: record inflation. While you meant largest increase in a completely different index in 11 years.

Is there anything you can get right? Do you think you could state your name without fucking it up?

In addition to using a specific metric from a fairly short time, (I remember the double digit inflation of the late 70s & early 80s), it's also cherry-picking from a time when the economy was basically at a standstill just after reopening everything last August to a time when the economy has done a great job of rebounding.

For example, look at gas prices. Back up to where they were before the pandemic started (plus a bit, partly due to the hurricane damaging oil production & refinery capability in the Gulf).
But way up from where they were back last August, when traffic was virtually non-existent.

And since he hasn't stated his name since you issued the challenge, I'm wondering myself.

55 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

As long as you included they’ve only been measuring it for 11 years. Data transparency and all that. I lived in Brazil in the 60’s and early 70’s. I lived in the US in the late 70’s (our last significant high inflation era). This ain’t nothing. For that matter, the US was nothing as compared with Brazil. 
Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

In the period 1991-1993, inclusive, I made six trips to Brazil on business.  At that time, I was informed by the people I interfaced with, that their inflation rate was right at 5,000% per year.  Yes, that is five thousand percent.

All of the menus in restaurants had their prices in pencil so they could be changed every day.

Jerry Baumchen

43 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

in 11 years....

Ok “the largest increase in the PPI in more than a decade, unvaccinated illegals and drugs flowing through our southern border, covid spreading, real wages dropping, labor shortage, rampant crime, terrorist safe haven established in Afghanistan“

Do you feel better now?