8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, jakee said:

What do you think would have happened if the pullout had been done in winter?

If it had been done before Jan 20th BH would have supported it 100% and called anyone who opposed it an America-hater.

If it had been done after Jan 20th, he would be saying  . . . exactly what he is saying now.

Pretty simple.

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

If it had been done before Jan 20th BH would have supported it 100% and called anyone who opposed it an America-hater.

If it had been done after Jan 20th, he would be saying  . . . exactly what he is saying now.

Pretty simple.

It’s not a matter of getting out or not, it is the complete ineptitude of the execution.  Biden ignored the advice of his intel, military and State Department advisers and set an arbitrary date for withdrawal (twice) instead of a conditions based timeline.  Now the Taliban are holding him to the standard he set.  Results? 12 Marines are dead dozens injured, 1000+ Americans are still stuck in country and tens of thousands of our allies have been abandoned to the tender mercies of the Taliban and ISIS-K.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It’s not a matter of getting out or not, it is the complete ineptitude of the execution.  Biden ignored the advice of his intel, military and State Department advisers and set an arbitrary date for withdrawal (twice) instead of a conditions based timeline.  Now the Taliban are holding him to the standard he set.  Results? 12 Marines are dead dozens injured, 1000+ Americans are still stuck in country and tens of thousands of our allies have been abandoned to the tender mercies of the Taliban and ISIS-K.

Do you think the intel, military and state department advisers told him that the 20 years and trillions of dollars were so poorly spent that the Afghan forces and government would implode almost instantly?

I think what the GOP is most concerned with is that this will hamper drumming up voter support for future wars and therefor it will likely impact defense lobby dollars flowing into their coffers.

• Like 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Do you think the intel, military and state department advisers told him that the 20 years and trillions of dollars were so poorly spent that the Afghan forces and government would implode almost instantly?

Yes, that was the assessment of those on the ground.  The higher-ups were engaged in wishful thinking.  

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Lot of Biden fanboys on a thread titled “President Biden’s Critics Corner”9_9

I support President Biden, primarily, because he isn't Trump. These are the sorts of choices one is often faced with in a rational world. As we don't live on a kindergarten playground, we who so chose Biden are mindful of the reasons that caused us to make the decision. So, no thanks to your constant invitation to act as if we just poked a beak through our shells and the future starts today.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I support President Biden, primarily, because he isn't Trump. These are the sorts of choices one is often faced with in a rational world. As we don't live on a kindergarten playground, we who so chose Biden are mindful of the reasons that caused us to make the decision. So, no thanks to your constant invitation to act as if we just poked a beak through our shells and the future starts today.

Hi Joe,

Re:  I support President Biden, primarily, because he isn't Trump.

I'm with you.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Yes, that was the assessment of those on the ground.  The higher-ups were engaged in wishful thinking.  

Those on the ground? Arent those the same people responsible for training Afghan troops? Sounds like they failed miserably at their jobs. 

Your assessment is that Biden should have known the US had absolutely failed at their mission to train Afghan troops?

And then what? Given them more time? You think 5 months later they would have accomplished what they didn’t in 20 years?

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

And then what? Given them more time? You think 5 months later they would have accomplished what they didn’t in 20 years?

They were just getting started.  Another 60 years or so and they will have a great training program in place and will be able to train dozens of Afghanis every year.  And at only $100 billion a year, a bargain for the US!

10 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If the pullout had occurred in the dead of winter, the Taliban would not have been able to move on the capital as quickly as they did. It would have taken months not hours.

winter in Afghanistan 

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/nation_world/20150301_Helicopters_aid_snowbound_Afghans.html

Being from Afghanistan, I'm going to assume that they know that, so they would simply have waited until spring to take the whole country in a couple of weeks. So then again it would be a cas of attempting a short notice emergency evacuation just without any troops on the ground to help.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

But what happens if you do the other thing? Under a conditions based timeline the Taliban stick to those conditions until the moment you're gone and then immediately invade the whole country. Maybe you don't get the dead Marines in yesterday's attack, but without them there to secure the evacuation you'd get more americans stuck and fewer Afghans out.

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I do not believe that Biden is this incompetent by accident. I believe this was planned as part of the global reset. America must be weakened in the world affairs and the door to Afghanistan was opened for China to move in and begin mining operations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

I do not believe that Biden is this incompetent by accident. I believe this was planned as part of the global reset. America must be weakened in the world affairs and the door to Afghanistan was opened for China to move in and begin mining operations.

I sense That you have found a new Q to follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

So enlighten us - what is this global reset and why did Trump want it to happen?

7 hours ago, jakee said:

Being from Afghanistan, I'm going to assume that they know that, so they would simply have waited until spring to take the whole country in a couple of weeks. So then again it would be a cas of attempting a short notice emergency evacuation just without any troops on the ground to help.

Weeks > hours 

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

From yesterday’s press conference 

“They gave me a list here, the first person I was instructed to call on was Kelly O’Donnell, NBC,”

Just who is running the country?

Well at least the Kremlin is out of the equation.

11 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Weeks > hours 

So? They didn’t take Kabul hours after they started re-occupying the country. It took weeks.

You can’t just make shit up and act like it proves your point. We are aware of reality.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

So? They didn’t take Kabul hours after they started re-occupying the country. It took weeks.

You can’t just make shit up and act like it proves your point. We are aware of reality.

The fact that Afghanistan would fall to the Taliban was a forgone conclusion.  If the withdrawal took place in the winter and not in the middle of “fighting season” it would have bought precious time.  That is just a simple fact. 

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Or change the subject.

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just ask Gazprom9_9

Like this.

spacer.png

Here is a picture of trumps bum boy Pompeo and the Taliban co-founder Abdul Ghani Baradar. The smug look on Pomeo's face is because he just finished trump's orders and tied President Biden's hands and sold America out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

Or change the subject.

Like this.

spacer.png

Here is a picture of trumps bum boy Pompeo and the Taliban co-founder Abdul Ghani Baradar. The smug look on Pomeo's face is because he just finished trump's orders and tied President Biden's hands and sold America out.

So you admit that Biden was so clueless that he didn’t understand the difference between a treaty and an informal agreement.  That said, he didn’t let those “tied hands” from arbitrarily changing that agreement twice. He could have picked October 31st and we could have evacuated many more people.