8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

21 minutes ago, oldwomanc6 said:

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?  :-P

No one? So, it's just a thing that is gained from some form of education. I use it and don't as the mood, and flow, strikes. To be sure, you are free to revel in your own literary expressions as you desire and, in turn, we are free to not give a fuck.

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No one? So, it's just a thing that is gained from some form of education. I use it and don't as the mood, and flow, strikes. To be sure, you are free to revel in your own literary expressions as you desire and, in turn, we are free to not give a fuck.

I use it all the time,  but having a sense of humor, an ability to look up shit on google, and have a laugh (see what I did there?) works wonders, even if you disagree.

And if that wasn't clear enough, google Vampire Weekend.

7 minutes ago, oldwomanc6 said:

I use it all the time,  but having a sense of humor, an ability to look up shit on google, and have a laugh (see what I did there?) works wonders, even if you disagree.

And if that wasn't clear enough, google Vampire Weekend.

So then you were simply bloviating and had no point to make?

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

As a side note, by being stubborn you have transformed this from being a passing criticism of your criticism into a personal credibility issue. Just fall on any conveniently available sword and this all goes bye bye.

Except when skydiving, it is never too late to make the right decision.

had i been wrong, i would have admitted it.  by using a writing style mandated by the college i attended, i was correct in my style until i graduated.  then, having no knowledge of the change in my (now) preferred style, i still use two spaces, and will not resort to one, ever, as it makes no difference to anyone not grading my work.  as for the hard to understand style, and confusing words, i still get paid for them sometimes, so will take all of the criticism with a handful of salt, laughing all the way to the bank.  not much, and not often, but often enough to keep me at it.  i appreciate the criticism, all of it.  i'm going to ignore all of it, but i appreciate it nonetheless. 

back to the original comment that started it all, how many folks are working that account?  based on writing style, i would guess two at least.

11 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

had i been wrong, i would have admitted it.  by using a writing style mandated by the college i attended, i was correct in my style until i graduated.  then, having no knowledge of the change in my (now) preferred style, i still use two spaces, and will not resort to one, ever, as it makes no difference to anyone not grading my work.  as for the hard to understand style, and confusing words, i still get paid for them sometimes, so will take all of the criticism with a handful of salt, laughing all the way to the bank.  not much, and not often, but often enough to keep me at it.  i appreciate the criticism, all of it.  i'm going to ignore all of it, but i appreciate it nonetheless. 

back to the original comment that started it all, how many folks are working that account?  based on writing style, i would guess two at least.

THAT MUCH, I RESPECT  .   FROM THE START YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID YOU WERE IT DOING HOW YOU LIKED AND WE COULD ALL JUST GO SPELL CHECK OURSELVES   .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

had i been wrong, i would have admitted it.  by using a writing style mandated by the college i attended, i was correct in my style until i graduated.  then, having no knowledge of the change in my (now) preferred style,

Not knowing you're wrong doesn't mean you're not wrong.

i still use two spaces, and will not resort to one, ever, as it makes no difference to anyone not grading my work. 

Then the question remains. If spacing after periods makes no difference to anyone why did you initiate the entire discussion over how someone else was doing it?

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Not knowing you're wrong doesn't mean you're not wrong.

Then the question remains. If spacing after periods makes no difference to anyone why did you initiate the entire discussion over how someone else was doing it?

one or two was the debate.  the comment used none.  zero.  no spaces meaning it was all ran together.  had he used one, i would have said nothing, nothing at all. 

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

THAT MUCH, I RESPECT  .   FROM THE START YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID YOU WERE IT DOING HOW YOU LIKED AND WE COULD ALL JUST GO SPELL CHECK OURSELVES   .

and miss out on all this fun spread out over three days?  no way.  too bad i have to work today and can't go jump...weather's been shit all weekend.

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

one or two was the debate.  the comment used none.  zero.  no spaces meaning it was all ran together.  had he used one, i would have said nothing, nothing at all. 

He did use one space, actually. Anyway, so what? The post was perfectly legible. The sentences that lacked spaces were no more difficult to read than yours which lack capitalisation. If you're allowed to be lazy what's wrong with him being lazy?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/retail-sales-producer-price-index-may-2021.html

“Producer prices rose at their fastest annual clip in nearly 11 years in May as inflation continued to build in the U.S. economy, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.

The 6.6% surge was the biggest 12-month rise in the final demand index since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began tracking the data in November 2010.

On a monthly basis, the producer price index for final demand rose 0.8%, ahead of the Dow Jones estimate of 0.5%.

Those higher price pressures came amid a pronounced dip in retail sales, which fell 1.3% in May,”

Yep, Biden is doing just great.

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/retail-sales-producer-price-index-may-2021.html

“Producer prices rose at their fastest annual clip in nearly 11 years in May as inflation continued to build in the U.S. economy, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.

The 6.6% surge was the biggest 12-month rise in the final demand index since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began tracking the data in November 2010.

On a monthly basis, the producer price index for final demand rose 0.8%, ahead of the Dow Jones estimate of 0.5%.

Those higher price pressures came amid a pronounced dip in retail sales, which fell 1.3% in May,”

Yep, Biden is doing just great.

So this is all his fault?

42 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

So this is all his fault?

The stimulus was expensive and unnecessary, while 10% was unemployed and needed assistance 90% did not.  There was an EXTRA Trillion dollars stacked up in people’s checking accounts during the pandemic just waiting to be spent. There was no need to stimulate an otherwise sound economy.  We just needed to end the pandemic we did not need to have a money party at our children’s expense.  The oversupply of cash and the under supply of goods and services (due in part to the overly generous unemployment benefits) has, predictably, resulted in inflation.

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The stimulus was expensive and unnecessary, while 10% was unemployed and needed assistance 90% did not.  There was an EXTRA Trillion dollars stacked up in people’s checking accounts during the pandemic just waiting to be spent. There was no need to stimulate an otherwise sound economy.  We just needed to end the pandemic we did not need to have a money party at our children’s expense.  The oversupply of cash and the under supply of goods and services (due in part to the overly generous unemployment benefits) has, predictably, resulted in inflation.

Giving money to middle to lower class people hurts the economy, but providing money to the richest part of the population helps the economy.

14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Giving money to middle to lower class people hurts the economy, but providing money to the richest part of the population helps the economy.

The money should have been concentrated to help the folks who were most impacted by the pandemic.  I don’t see how giving thousands of dollars to people who never missed a paycheck helps anything.  Much of that money ended up in the stock market and gun stores.  That is one of the reasons the market is doing well and why guns and ammunition are in short supply.