8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

32 minutes ago, billvon said:

He confessed to the pussy grabbing, and there are currently two lawsuits against him for rape/slander.

No he said “when you’re a star they let you do it.  You can do anything.  Grab em by the pussy. You can do anything.”  He didn’t say he did.  And until he is convicted, he is to be presumed innocent.  

25 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No he said “when you’re a star they let you do it.  You can do anything.  Grab em by the pussy. You can do anything.”  He didn’t say he did.  

He said he starts kissing them without permission. That's sexual assault. That the pussy grabbing is also something he does is heavily implied.

And until he is convicted, he is to be presumed innocent.  

By the legal system, but I'm not an officer of the court and I'm guessing you aren't either. He's a rapist.

29 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No he said “when you’re a star they let you do it.  You can do anything.  Grab em by the pussy. You can do anything.”  He didn’t say he did. 

Nope.  Here's what he said: "I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful . . .I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything  . . .Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

That's pretty much the definition of sexual assault, and the opposite of consent.  (Hint - consent does not mean "she didn't press charges" or "I was not found guilty.")  And he says quite clearly "I just start kissing them."  Not "I might start kissing them."

Years ago the GOP stood for family values.  Now they defend pedophiles, sexual assaulters and rapists.  Sad.

And until he is convicted, he is to be presumed innocent.  

I am not talking about supporting someone who is legally guilty or innocent.  I am talking about supporting a guy who has admitted to sexual assault - which you apparently have no problem with, because there is an R after his name.

6 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

or at least not aware of how the spacebar works at the end of a sentence.  it is used after a period twice, unless you're microsoft.  makes speed reading easier also. 

This cracked me up. I've wondered if you just didn't care (cause, ya know, it's the Internet), or if you were channeling e e cummings, or have a really great editor for your book. I've also wondered if Phil punches people out for using "your" instead of "you're." :rofl: 

(edited)
42 minutes ago, billvon said:

Nope.  Here's what he said: "I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful . . .I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything  . . .Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

That's pretty much the definition of sexual assault, and the opposite of consent.  (Hint - consent does not mean "she didn't press charges" or "I was not found guilty.")  And he says quite clearly "I just start kissing them."  Not "I might start kissing them."

Years ago the GOP stood for family values.  Now they defend pedophiles, sexual assaulters and rapists.  Sad.

I am not talking about supporting someone who is legally guilty or innocent.  I am talking about supporting a guy who has admitted to sexual assault - which you apparently have no problem with, because there is an R after his name.

I didn’t vote for him.
 I know it can be confusing because when you think pedophiles and sexual assaulters Democrats naturally come to mind, Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein for example.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I didn’t vote for him.
 I know it can be confusing because when you think pedophiles and sexual assaulters Democrats naturally come to mind, Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein for example.

What is confusing is that for you apparently sex crimes are tied to political affiliation.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I didn’t vote for him.

And yet you defend him and Matt Gaetz so staunchly.  How odd.

Bill Clinton

You still don't get the whole "consent" thing do you.

and Jeff Epstein for example.

Ah yes!  I remember Jeff and Ghislaine!  Best friends with Trump.  And Ghislaine Maxwell used to recruit her underage sex workers from Trump's properties IIRC.

Perhaps using the Epstein name was not the winning argument you thought it was.

GT.jpg

On 5/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, gowlerk said:

Really? You, of all people are going to criticize him for poor typing style and hard to read composition?

i would urge you to look up the difference between capitalization and grammar.  with a few exceptions, as i am not perfect and do make the mistake every now and then, i have pretty good grammar.  no capitals at ll since this is an informal place, and i have way too much formality to deal with on a daily basis to be bothered with it when i am amusing myself.  i also have a tendency to think in german occasionally, so that messes with my sentence structure sometimes.  add to that the fact i imbibe from time to time, and you have mistakes. 

side note:  don't agree with someone who calls themselves stupid, you get the ban hammer.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, BIGUN said:

This cracked me up. I've wondered if you just didn't care (cause, ya know, it's the Internet), or if you were channeling e e cummings, or have a really great editor for your book. I've also wondered if Phil punches people out for using "your" instead of "you're." :rofl: 

just fyi on the writing style you were wondering about...

On 5/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, billvon said:

And yet you defend him and Matt Gaetz so staunchly.  How odd.

You still don't get the whole "consent" thing do you.

Ah yes!  I remember Jeff and Ghislaine!  Best friends with Trump.  And Ghislaine Maxwell used to recruit her underage sex workers from Trump's properties IIRC.

Perhaps using the Epstein name was not the winning argument you thought it was.

GT.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.c5dbadaf26a00d196942079a7af77c0d.jpeg
Bill Clinton on board the “Lolita Express” 

(edited)
2 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

i would urge you to look up the difference between capitalization and grammar.  with a few exceptions, as i am not perfect and do make the mistake every now and then, 

He didn't mention grammar. I would urge you to look up the difference between spacing and grammar, they have nothing to do with each other. Single vs double spacing is a matter of style not grammar, and since you're using a word processor not a typewriter you are flat out wrong. Single spacing is perfectly acceptable, is the dominant useage and is recommended by every current journalistic style guide that bothers to mention it.

i have pretty good grammar.  

You have terrible grammar, terrible syntax and terrible composition. Genuinely awful on a regular basis, to the extent that it seriously hampers the ability of any normal person to comprehend your posts.

no capitals at ll since this is an informal place, and i have way too much formality to deal with on a daily basis to be bothered with it when i am amusing myself.

You care so little about formality that you decided to criticise someone for not using a double space after a period as if they were writing a formal document on a typewriter in the 1950s?

Why are you allowed to not be bothered when you are demanding that other people be bothered?

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

i have way too much formality to deal with on a daily basis to be bothered with it when i am amusing myself. 

Suit yourself. But it makes your posts harder to read and diminishes the weight given to them. Of course that doesn't really matter to the path of your life.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 5:02 PM, richravizza said:

It's a big picture assessment of the leadership of the Left, the party in charge of the State for 30?+ years, in particular the City of Angeles, San Fransisco  most major Cities of the State. The disconnect between Adam Schiff and the streets of his district ,mind blowing.

We need big time reform. The Public schools are a disaster. We spend more than most nations and have the successes of the worst States of the Nation, which isn't saying much.

The homeless, the mentally ill on the streets, the decay is so sad. You literally can't let your children out of your site, your adult ones.

Culture shock used to be a thing when you traveled South of the Boarder, Well not anymore.

Liberal policy hasn't been the utopia we hoped for. Last year, one person would die on the streets of LA, now its two. The California covid lock downs didn't help, quite the contrary. Drug dependency Alcoholism run rife.

Here is one mans attempt to help, an oil man, capitalist, over 100 years ago, dead but still he does his work.. Unfortunately demand has never been better.

https://urm.org/about/history/#

Now we have an Ass hat of a City Prosecutor cut from the same Super majority cloth, what a disaster you won't hear much from the media.We're trying to recall him too.
 I've been fortunate to reside in the on of the last republican strong holds. I'm staying to fight the good fight, but the exodus is real.

(edited)
2 hours ago, jakee said:

Single vs double spacing is a matter of style not grammar, and since you're using a word processor not a typewriter you are flat out wrong. Single spacing is perfectly acceptable, is the dominant useage and is recommended by every current journalistic style guide that bothers to mention it.

spaces are still used, rather it be one or two.  the post i referred to had none.  i do believe that you also use at least one space in your sentences?   i am most certainly not wrong, whether i am using a word processor (which i assure you  i am not, as they are separate machines) or a typewriter since two spaces is acceptable.

your opinion on the grammar is not accurate, and has nothing at all to do with composition. 

Edited by sfzombie13
mistake

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Suit yourself. But it makes your posts harder to read and diminishes the weight given to them. Of course that doesn't really matter to the path of your life.

i appreciate the feedback, and as i said, this is strictly amusement at this point.  i like you guys and all, and am more than happy to jump and drink beer with any one of you, even brent, any time i see you.  but all of this is nothing more than passing time, as nobody is really changing anyone's minds or solving a crisis.  most of my classified information is dated and expired by now, and half of what i learned growing up were flat out lies.  living in the age of propaganda, it is getting harder to learn anything new, and good luck keeping up with who is doing what to whom.  i like reading, and sometimes participating in, the discussions, but you and i could both probably script one with a few well known contributors and any controversial topic.  i hate this weekend, too emotional the older i get. 

19 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

spaces are still used, rather it be one or two.  

So are capital letters. If it's ok for you not to use them because you can't be bothered, what grounds do you have to complain about whether he uses a spacebar properly?

i do believe that you also use at least one space in your sentences?   i am most certainly not wrong, whether i am using a word processor (which i assure you  i am not, as they are separate machines) or a typewriter since two spaces is acceptable.

You absolutely are wrong. No one says to use two spaces after a period and no editor would let it fly. Since he used none and you told him to use two, you're both one away from being right. 

your opinion on the grammar is not accurate, and has nothing at all to do with composition. 

That's why I described them as separate things. You're grammar is terrible and your syntax is terrible and your composition is terrible. You complained that his lack of spaces made his posts more difficult to speed read. Your flagrant abuse of the english language often makes your posts difficult to read, period.

34 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

most of my classified information is dated and expired by now, and half of what i learned growing up were flat out lies.

You composed this gem while laying claim to having good grammar. Well, you do not. Not that it matters because what really matters is writing with sufficient clarity to be easily understood. You shouldn't want your reader to struggle with your style. That, in fact, is exactly what makes richravizza so tedious and unreadable.

(edited)

apparently the classes that i had to take in college, the english ones that i almost aced with a 97 and 98 respectively, were bunk and wasted money then.  i suppose i had better quit writing altogether.

it seems that i was a product of the apa style, and since my last degree was in 2018, i had no idea that they changed the style to one space at the end in 2019.  so, until oct 2019, i was very much correct using two spaces at the end of each sentence.

Edited by sfzombie13
added a link

22 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

apparently the classes that i had to take in college, the english ones that i almost aced with a 97 and 98 respectively, were bunk and wasted money then.  i suppose i had better quit writing altogether.

it seems that i was a product of the apa style, and since my last degree was in 2018, i had no idea that they changed the style to one space at the end in 2019.  so, until oct 2019, i was very much correct using two spaces at the end of each sentence.

Probably a bad time to bring up use of the Oxford Comma, huh?  :ohmygod::`D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

apparently the classes that i had to take in college, the english ones that i almost aced with a 97 and 98 respectively, were bunk and wasted money then. 

If you can't tell that your writing here is not of a reasonable standard then yes, clearly they were.

Since it's not 2019 that doesn't really matter does it? 

Also, even then you were still wrong. The APA guide is primarily for academic papers not general writing, and even in that field was the very last guide to persist with an outdated style.

2 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

"apparently the classes that i had to take in college, the english ones that i almost aced with a 97 and 98 respectively, were bunk and wasted money then.  i suppose i had better quit writing altogether."

Agreed. And while you apparently did waste your money you should not quit writing. Just try to get better. But before then you might pen a note to the college President, in your inimitable style as proof, demanding that your tuition be returned with interest.

As a side note, by being stubborn you have transformed this from being a passing criticism of your criticism into a personal credibility issue. Just fall on any conveniently available sword and this all goes bye bye.

Except when skydiving, it is never too late to make the right decision.