8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Not to mention skyrocketing gas prices and an inflation rate not seen in a decade.  Oh and cyber attacks out of Russia an invasion of drugs, weapons and illegals pouring over our unsecured border and an escalation of the Palestinian/Israelis conflict. 

Poor baby. Your hero status voided with the closure of your two Cessna DZ and now, without a sycophant in sight, you are reduced to posts like that. So is Biden behind these Russian cyber attacks that are also associated with an invasion of drugs? Both, as all know, were never known before his election. More interestingly is this news that Mexicans are shipping guns into America! Bastards! And for sure he is to blame for any level of enmity between the Palestinians and the Israelis. I'm thinking that before the weather improves and it's fun for them you need to take your kids survival camping again. 

• Like 1

Biden’s weakness has emboldened bad actors across the board.  A resurgent Taliban is on the offensive killing hundreds of civilians, mostly girls, the drug cartels have diversified and now and are now in the mass human trafficking business, Hamas has noticed Israel no longer has strong support from the White House and has acted accordingly, Russia has gutted our Moscow embassy staff and has been implicated in the pipeline attack, inflation has doubled, gas prices are skyrocketing (and that is before the summer driving season has even begun) businesses that are trying to open back up are facing a labor shortage caused by Biden’s “get paid more to stay at home” unemployment benefits, his CDC is sending mixed messages about COVID as is his post vaccination mask wearing, and....well...and now it is time for coffee ️ 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

More interestingly is this news that Mexicans are shipping guns into America! Bastards! 

How do you know this?  The  Tiahrt amendment, passed in 2003, prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from sharing information about the source of guns used in crimes.  It's hard to imagine any legitimate reason for this except to pander to the gun lobby.

Just now, kallend said:

How do you know this?  The  Tiahrt amendment, passed in 2003, prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from sharing information about the source of guns used in crimes.  It's hard to imagine any legitimate reason for this except to pander to the gun lobby.

Got me. But if Brent say's it's true I'm not arguing.

33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

So found by US officials, in the US, four of which reported stolen. Presumably from US owners. Why, why? Can you not speak the truth Brent? These are weapons most likely going south into Mexico.

Stop swallowing Wayne LaPierre's b.s.

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

So found by US officials, in the US, four of which reported stolen. Presumably from US owners. Why, why? Can you not speak the truth Brent? These are weapons most likely going south into Mexico.

More likely they were a pre-staged cache for use by the cartels.  

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

More likely they were a pre-staged cache for use by the cartels.  

A pre-staged cache that was made up of guns stolen from US citizens to be used by the cartels to continue their reign in terror, IN MEXICO!

That being said if Mexican cartels could turn out some ammo it would probably sell very well this side of the border.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

businesses that are trying to open back up are facing a labor shortage

A few years ago there was a fair bit of buzz in the Turbine Aircraft DZO world about the pilot shortage. I pointed out, as gently as I could, that there was no pilot shortage; there was a paycheck shortage. Some folks couldn't get their heads wrapped around the idea that the person with a 5 or 6 figure education who was responsible for a million dollar aircraft and 16 lives 25 times a day might just need as decent a pay check as their top TM.

Now that the vaccine is readily available to any who want it I'm in agreement that the unemployment subsidy needs to come to an end. But so should paying people 7 bucks an hour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

A few years ago there was a fair bit of buzz in the Turbine Aircraft DZO world about the pilot shortage. I pointed out, as gently as I could, that there was no pilot shortage; there was a paycheck shortage. Some folks couldn't get their heads wrapped around the idea that the person with a 5 or 6 figure education who was responsible for a million dollar aircraft and 16 lives 25 times a day might just need as decent a pay check as their top TM.

Now that the vaccine is readily available to any who want it I'm in agreement that the unemployment subsidy needs to come to an end. But so should paying people 7 bucks an hour.

The market in my area has set entry level wages at $15, no government necessary.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The market in my area has set entry level wages at $15, no government necessary.

The market isn't pure efficiency. Have you studied what $15 an hour, say split between two part time or gig economy jobs, will buy in your area for someone not living with their divorced mom? Rent, car and insurance, medical insurance, clothes etc..? 15 bucks an hour for someone who just wants some extra hours on the side is fine. But if it's to support yourself, or maybe a kid, too, that's a different thing. Especially in a country that does not provide universal health care or a real safety net if hell hits.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, brenthutch said:

Biden’s weakness has emboldened bad actors across the board.  A resurgent Taliban is on the offensive killing hundreds of civilians, mostly girls, the drug cartels have diversified and now and are now in the mass human trafficking business, Hamas has noticed Israel no longer has strong support from the White House and has acted accordingly, Russia has gutted our Moscow embassy staff and has been implicated in the pipeline attack, inflation has doubled, gas prices are skyrocketing (and that is before the summer driving season has even begun) businesses that are trying to open back up are facing a labor shortage caused by Biden’s “get paid more to stay at home” unemployment benefits, his CDC is sending mixed messages about COVID as is his post vaccination mask wearing, and....well...and now it is time for coffee ️ 

I'm pretty sure when the next Icelandic volcano erupts you'll be blaming him for that too. 

(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 8:40 AM, kallend said:

But it does allow the ATF to publish annual reports on products regulated by ATF, including total production, importation, and exportation by each licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, or statistical aggregate data regarding firearms traffickers and trafficking channels, or firearms misuse, felons, and trafficking investigations.

It specifically cripples LE investigations of tracking weapons from cradle to grave and is directly responsible for the "loss" of tens of thousands of guns each year by dealers. Congress would need to rescind this amendment before any new laws or "effective" legislation could be enacted.  

Edited by BIGUN
clarification

(edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, kallend said:

If the state requires an ID to exercise a right, then the state should provide it free.

SC does that.

A program was started a few years ago when folks complained about needing an ID to vote. They complained about having to pay for a DL and not being able to get to the DMV.  One can get a free ID and free transportation to the DMV. Guess what - very few did it. Proving that, for the most part, the complaints were baseless. 

Edited by billeisele

6 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Have you looked at the difficulties of jumping thru that hoop?

They have made it real easy. The guy that runs the DMV knows how to cut through red tape and get it done.

You can schedule an appointment or just go there. You can look online and see the wait times. They have facilities all over the State.

33 minutes ago, billeisele said:

They have made it real easy. The guy that runs the DMV knows how to cut through red tape and get it done.

You can schedule an appointment or just go there. You can look online and see the wait times. They have facilities all over the State.

Which state?

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Nope, that would be as ridiculous as blaming Trump for the pandemic.  

But no-one does that.

No, it'd be about as ridiculous as blaming Biden for the Taliban, fighting in Gaza and a hacking attack.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Note I didn’t go looking any harder than the first official page, so special programs might take a more creative approach to google-ology

I did look a little further and the issue is: as with all states is; if one is poor, or mentally ill, or in the case of SC - one needs to have a physical residence (Attached). I don't think we're really sitting down and looking at the barriers to ID from those who need it most. Even in Oklahoma, one must gather up a symphony of documents to get the real ID. A lot of veterans on the street simply don't have or can't even recall where to go for their documentation.

I "think" that at some point there will be a biometric entry (as Bill has stated) where one can put their thumbprint on a device and the middleware will go search for all your documentation - but, maybe that only works in pop-up ads. 

MV-93 (1).pdf

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I did look a little further and the issue is: as with all states is; if one is poor, or mentally ill, or in the case of SC - one needs to have a physical residence (Attached). I don't think we're really sitting down and looking at the barriers to ID from those who need it most. Even in Oklahoma, one must gather up a symphony of documents to get the real ID. A lot of veterans on the street simply don't have or can't even recall where to go for their documentation.

I "think" that at some point there will be a biometric entry (as Bill has stated) where one can put their thumbprint on a device and the middleware will go search for all your documentation - but, maybe that only works in pop-up ads. 

MV-93 (1).pdf 280.85 kB · 2 downloads

It was already tried. Too many connections.