8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Funny you post that on the day the Supreme Court you celebrated so much decided it is perfectly fine for children to spend their lives in prison.

Should properly be called the trump effect. Or possibly the "evangelical effect".

"The U.S. Supreme Court's new conservative majority made a U-turn on Thursday, ruling by a 6-3 vote, that a judge need not make a finding of "permanent incorrigibility" before sentencing a juvenile offender to life without parole.

It was the first time in almost two decades that the high court has deviated from rules establishing more leniency for juvenile offenders, even those convicted of murder.

At the center of the case was Brett Jones, now 31, who was 15 when he stabbed his grandfather to death during a fight about Jones' girlfriend. He was convicted of murder, and a judge sentenced him to life without parole."

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

At the center of the case was Brett Jones, now 31, who was 15 when he stabbed his grandfather to death during a fight about Jones' girlfriend. He was convicted of murder, and a judge sentenced him to life without parole."

May as well bring back the death penalty for bad children. The American Taliban can celebrate another small victory in their war on decency. 

58 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Should properly be called the trump effect. Or possibly the "evangelical effect".

"The U.S. Supreme Court's new conservative majority made a U-turn on Thursday, ruling by a 6-3 vote, that a judge need not make a finding of "permanent incorrigibility" before sentencing a juvenile offender to life without parole.

It was the first time in almost two decades that the high court has deviated from rules establishing more leniency for juvenile offenders, even those convicted of murder.

Sotomayor wrote the following about Brett Jones:

"“the victim of violence and neglect that he was too young to escape.” His biological father was an alcoholic who physically abused his mother, who had severe mental health problems. His stepfather abused him, too, using “belts, switches, and a paddle.” He openly expressed his hatred for Jones. When Jones moved to Mississippi to live with his grandparents, he abruptly lost access to medication he took for mental health issues, including hallucinations and self-harm. Jones’ grandfather beat him, as well. One day in 2004, when Jones’ grandfather tried to hit him, Jones stabbed him repeatedly, killing him. He had turned 15 just 23 days earlier. Jones tried to save his grandfather with CPR but failed. "

Anybody remember how Kavanuagh and his supports like Brent argued how his youthful behaviour should not be held against him during his confirmation hearing?

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

May as well bring back the death penalty for bad children. The American Taliban can celebrate another small victory in their war on decency. 

11 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Sotomayor wrote the following about Brett Jones:...Anybody remember how Kavanuagh and his supports like Brent argued how his youthful behaviour should not be held against him during his confirmation hearing?

It seems as if the reasons for an expansion of the USSC are starting to crystalize.

Biden to order bipartisan commission to study Supreme Court expansion

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

It seems as if the reasons for an expansion of the USSC are starting to crystalize.

Biden to order bipartisan commission to study Supreme Court expansion

Good luck with that.  One would think after Harry Reid abolished the filibuster for judicial appointments only to see Trump filling three seats with conservative jurists using that precedent, the Dems might have learned a lesson.  

There is no education in the second kick of a mule, or donkey for that matter.

Edited by brenthutch

6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Sotomayor wrote the following about Brett Jones:

"“the victim of violence and neglect that he was too young to escape.” His biological father was an alcoholic who physically abused his mother, who had severe mental health problems. His stepfather abused him, too, using “belts, switches, and a paddle.” He openly expressed his hatred for Jones. When Jones moved to Mississippi to live with his grandparents, he abruptly lost access to medication he took for mental health issues, including hallucinations and self-harm. Jones’ grandfather beat him, as well. One day in 2004, when Jones’ grandfather tried to hit him, Jones stabbed him repeatedly, killing him. He had turned 15 just 23 days earlier. Jones tried to save his grandfather with CPR but failed. "

Anybody remember how Kavanuagh and his supports like Brent argued how his youthful behaviour should not be held against him during his confirmation hearing?

rules for thee and all that bullshit...

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Good luck with that.  One would think after Harry Reid abolished the filibuster for judicial appointments only to see Trump filling three seats with conservative jurists using that precedent, the Dems might have learned a lesson.  

There is no education in the second kick of a mule, or donkey for that matter.

Interesting that in your mind the actions of the right are the fault of Dems. Trump didn’t fill three seats because of that precedent. He filled two. He filled a third because of Mitch McConnell refusing to hold a vote on Obama’s last nomination, despite Garland being a pretty centrist pick. The lesson to be learned is that Republicans will do there worst no matter how nice you try to play with them. And they’ll cry victim as they do it. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 5:35 PM, brenthutch said:

You got me there, while I do have the same level of post graduate education, I never slept with a politician to advance my career.  Oh, and I never leveraged my race or gender.  And she never ran a private enterprise.

Be honest, do you really think that someone with her identical resume, who wasn’t a woman or a minority would have ever been considered?

Of course not, so her “qualifications” come down to her ethnicity and her gender.  
Hardly a good example for our children.

Bravo Sir,

As for her accomplishments the state of Ca. specifically LA county, speaks for itself. 

34 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Bravo Sir,

As for her accomplishments the state of Ca. specifically LA county, speaks for itself. 

Hi rich,

Why would you say that?  Her only relationship with LA county was when she was the California Attorney General, state-wide position.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi rich,

Why would you say that?  Her only relationship with LA county was when she was the California Attorney General, state-wide position.

Jerry Baumchen

It's just trolling.  For over 200 years only white males were considered qualified.  Now the insecure white males  are pissed off that non-whites and females are considered too .

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

My bad. I was agreeing with what Bill was saying to Rich's post (as in not true), not disagreeing with Bill.

I wasn't sure what you were saying. But I thought a Google search link would help. Biden as POTUS is truly just not as funny as having a clown in the office was.

13 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I wasn't sure what you were saying. But I thought a Google search link would help. Biden as POTUS is truly just not as funny as having a clown in the office was.

I don't think Sarah Cooper would get any traction lip-syncing Biden.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I don't think Sarah Cooper would get any traction lip-syncing Biden.

But Newsmax, on the other hand . . . 

They did a video where they took a video of Biden stuttering and added a laugh track.  Super funny! 

Like that reporter who was crippled from arthrogryposis who Trump made fun of.  Trump while contorting his arms to approximate Serge Kovaleski's condition - "you ought to see the guy: 'Uh uh uh, I don't know what I said. I don't remember.' "

Like Newsmax says, "If we don't regularly practice our right to ridicule, we will lose it.  This is why it is more important than ever in American history to keep humor and ridicule alive. Because it is now clear that we could very well be on the verge of losing it. . .  If you don't laugh, you may cry.  Use your God-given right to laugh. It's healthy. It's good for you. It's good for our country."

See?  It's even patriotic.

https://www.rawstory.com/newsmax-biden-stuttering/

1 hour ago, billvon said:

But Newsmax, on the other hand . . . 

They did a video where they took a video of Biden stuttering and added a laugh track.  Super funny! 

Like that reporter who was crippled from arthrogryposis who Trump made fun of.  Trump while contorting his arms to approximate Serge Kovaleski's condition - "you ought to see the guy: 'Uh uh uh, I don't know what I said. I don't remember.' "

Like Newsmax says, "If we don't regularly practice our right to ridicule, we will lose it.  This is why it is more important than ever in American history to keep humor and ridicule alive. Because it is now clear that we could very well be on the verge of losing it. . .  If you don't laugh, you may cry.  Use your God-given right to laugh. It's healthy. It's good for you. It's good for our country."

See?  It's even patriotic.

https://www.rawstory.com/newsmax-biden-stuttering/

Sick bastards. How can anyone feel good about laughing at someone with a speech impediment. If I saw someone doing that I'd be inclined to use my God given right to kick them in the nuts.

28 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Sometimes when they do make fun of Biden, they do end up being funny: for example, Larry Kudlow mocks his carbon policy and says people will have to drink plant-based beer (rather than meat-based ones?)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/26/trump-larry-kudlow-biden-plant-based-beer

I'm not opposed to making fun of people, how else would we communicate with Brent, for example? But only a total low life would make fun of someones disability as Trump did or think that someone struggling with a stutter is funny.