8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

15 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

She started out positioning herself as a liberal influencer, tried for about six months but got no real traction. She vanished from social media, then reappeared only three months later completely rebranded as a right-wing talking head. This time she got that traction, and the rest is history.

Right? So ironic that that Brent moans about seeing hatred from the left, yet lionises this woman. Someone who couldn't make a living writing angry and hateful leftist content because no-one was interested, but who found an eager audience on the right for the exact same tone of screed and in just a few years has risen to the upper echelons of commentary for several major right wing news outlets.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

No surprise, you don't know enough about her to spell her name.

Like the people hoping all Conservatives die in their sleep so liberal progress can be made? Do you think that is at all angry or hateful?

Do you need help on understanding what 'objective' means? Being conservative isn't an objective qualification. If you think she is qualified because she's a conservative, please stop pretending your dismissal of Harris is based on anything other than her being a liberal.

The Democrats took the measure of Harris and found her wanting.  She blamed it on racism and misogyny.  That’s right she blamed the racist women hating Democrats for her failed presidential bid.  

25 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

It amazes me when anyone looks at Owens and sees anything other than a textbook grifter.

She started out positioning herself as a liberal influencer, tried for about six months but got no real traction. She vanished from social media, then reappeared only three months later completely rebranded as a right-wing talking head. This time she got that traction, and the rest is history.

Anyone who goes through such a complete ideological 180 overnight and completely out of sight is plainly in it for the money and the attention.

Hi cwood,

POTUS 45/Trump once made a run at the presidency as a Democrat.  For a lot of people, it is all about opportunity & what sells. *

Jerry Baumchen

*  Ever meet a true salesman - they do not care what they sell, only that it sells.

PS)  And one of my all-time favorite jokes:  What is the difference between rape & romance?  Salesmanship!!!!

So I had to look this up.  (Thanks for the heads-up.)

In 2015 Candace (not Candice) Owens wrote about the "bat-shit-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party" and said that "the good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY."

Shortly thereafter she asked "does Donald Trump Actually Have a Small Penis?”  Her conclusion - “Donald Trump most likely has a penis the size of an infant . . . Hitler is the one guy that comes to mind that may have topped him.”

So it looks like she's a great example of anger and hate on both sides!

At the same time she was saying this, she was actually CEO of a firm entitled (and this is NOT a joke) Degree180.  It's almost as if she was mocking all the people who would later see her as a reliable conservative supporter.

By 2018 she was posting about how she "truly believe[s] that @realDonaldTrump isn't just the leader of the free world, but the savior of it as well."  She later said that "believ[ing] women" was why "our ancestors got lynched . . No evidence, but believe all women".  Looks like she officially made the "Degree180" turn in 2017, when she realized how hungry the right was for anger and hate.

And now she's a hero of the right, qualified to hold the second highest office in the land.  Gotta love conservatives; they'll buy anything if the sales pitch is right.

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

This thread is not about Trump or Republicans. It is a thread about our senile gaffe master in chief.  Focus people focus.

It might have been but like when the ice cream truck hits the school bus the story isn't about creamsicles anymore. That's why again, Brent, the story is about you; outrageous, contrarian, attention craving, whatever it takes to ripple the pond you. 

38 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It might have been but like when the ice cream truck hits the school bus the story isn't about creamsicles anymore. That's why again, Brent, the story is about you; outrageous, contrarian, attention craving, whatever it takes to ripple the pond you. 

Outrageous? No Attention craving? No.  Contrarian? Guilty.  

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

This thread is not about Trump or Republicans. It is a thread about our senile gaffe master in chief.  Focus people focus.

If you didn't want people talking about juvenile attacks on the previous senile gaffe master in chief you shouldn't have brought up Candace Owens.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The Democrats took the measure of Harris and found her wanting.  She blamed it on racism and misogyny.  That’s right she blamed the racist women hating Democrats for her failed presidential bid.  

I would take your word for it but, well, it's you. What did she say?

I notice you're continuing to gloss over anything to do with your support for the Republican hating firebrand Candace Owens.

21 hours ago, wmw999 said:

For cripes sake, she’s a talk show host, political commentator and activist. One builds one’s following by saying controversial stuff, and seeing how much of it develops traction. Kind of like throwing spaghetti at the wall. The more that people tune in to listen, the more advertising she and her show sell. 
Wendy P. 

Wasn’t it the lefties who were clamoring for Oprah to run?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jakee said:

I would take your word for it but, well, it's you. What did she say?

I notice you're continuing to gloss over anything to do with your support for the Republican hating firebrand Candace Owens.

https://reason.com/2019/12/04/kamala-harris-fans-blame-billionaires-sexists-and-racists-for-her-campaigns-collapse/

“Harris herself blamed billionaires, basically, while supporters and pundits expanded the blame to also include sexism, racism, biased media coverage“

Yes, that is right Harris accused the Democrat establishment of being racist misogynists.

BTW I am a conservative leaning libertarian not a Republican.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

14 hours ago, mistercwood said:

It amazes me when anyone looks at Owens and sees anything other than a textbook grifter.

Anyone who goes through such a complete ideological 180 overnight and completely out of sight is plainly in it for the money and the attention.

The 180 happens when the brain is turned on

https://conservapedia.com/List_of_former_liberals

• Like 1

And conservapedia is such an unbiased source, too! Stephen Baldwin (number one on the list), a noted intellectual. Their definition of "former liberal" includes "conservative southern Democrat" (i.e. Zell Miller). The word conservative trumps the word democrat in the evaluation. It's kind of like how the words human and American should trump the words white or black.

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

“Harris herself blamed billionaires, basically, while supporters and pundits expanded the blame to also include sexism, racism, biased media coverage“

I really can’t fathom how it is that you read that, and you still decided to post it. Because..... why??

Unless you're functionally illiterate you know that it torpedoes your own claim. So what’s the point? What is your game? Clearly you’re not doing anything but playing a game because I don’t think anyone could genuinely be this stupid and still operate a keyboard.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And conservapedia is such an unbiased source, too! Stephen Baldwin (number one on the list), a noted intellectual. Their definition of "former liberal" includes "conservative southern Democrat" (i.e. Zell Miller). The word conservative trumps the word democrat in the evaluation. It's kind of like how the words human and American should trump the words white or black.

Wendy P.

You can add Charles Krauthammer and Dave Rubin to that list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakee said:

I really can’t fathom how it is that you read that, and you still decided to post it. Because..... why??

Unless you're functionally illiterate you know that it torpedoes your own claim. So what’s the point? What is your game? Clearly you’re not doing anything but playing a game because I don’t think anyone could genuinely be this stupid and still operate a keyboard.

I think you answered your own question.

40 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

endangering millions of girls and women.

Thank god for Republican policies protecting girls and women. Girls being lesser creatures and more disposable, mind you.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/21/tennessee-women-receiving-surgical-abortion-required-bury-fetal-remains/7283361002/

Tell the truth, are you being paid to debase yourself here? 

17 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Taliban pull out of peace talks after Biden’s unconditional surrender, endangering millions of girls and women.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/20/taliban-afghanistan-withdrawal-violence-logar-province/

Funny you post that on the day the Supreme Court you celebrated so much decided it is perfectly fine for children to spend their lives in prison.

18 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Taliban pull out of peace talks after Biden’s unconditional surrender

"Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will [America's] heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example. She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force.... She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit."