8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Yesterday afternoon gas price increased $0.20/gal. I fear this is just the beginning. President Trump got us to energy independence JB wiped that out in less than one month.

When I first got my Drivers license (~'07) gas was over $4.00 a gallon, Now during Joe Biden Presidency its only $2.25 a gallon! Look at how much better things are! What a hero!

:seenoevil::hearnoevil::speaknoevil:

Edited by Dr.SkyFall
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr.SkyFall said:

When I first got my Drivers license (~'07) gas was over $4.00 a gallon, Now during Joe Biden Presidency its only $2.25 a gallon! Look at how much better things are! What a hero!

:seenoevil::hearnoevil::speaknoevil:

Hi Dr.,

Best reply to Ron yet.  Some people simply fail to see the larger picture.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I can still remember sitting in gas lines back in 1974.

8 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Yesterday afternoon gas price increased $0.20/gal. I fear this is just the beginning. President Trump got us to energy independence JB wiped that out in less than one month.

You do realize that oil is a global commodity, right?

Even if the lie about the Mango Mussolini achieving 'energy independence' was true, we aren't anywhere near 'oil independence'. If we were, why would we need the Keystone pipeline to bring in Canadian crude?

The price of oil, globally, is going up some.

Funny that you think that Biden has ANY control over that.
Not surprising that you think that anything that negatively affects you is his fault, but still funny.

Also funny that you refer to 'President Trump', yet Biden is "JB". Don't you even know his middle initial? Or is it that you don't care because it's not a 'scary Muslim name'?

46 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

You do realize that oil is a global commodity, right?

Even if the lie about the Mango Mussolini achieving 'energy independence' was true, we aren't anywhere near 'oil independence'. If we were, why would we need the Keystone pipeline to bring in Canadian crude?

The price of oil, globally, is going up some.

Funny that you think that Biden has ANY control over that.
Not surprising that you think that anything that negatively affects you is his fault, but still funny.

Also funny that you refer to 'President Trump', yet Biden is "JB". Don't you even know his middle initial? Or is it that you don't care because it's not a 'scary Muslim name'?

Hi Joe,

Re:  Don't you even know his middle initial?

I noticed that he signs the Executive Orders as J. R. Biden Jr.

Jerry Baumchen

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Re:  Don't you even know his middle initial?

I noticed that he signs the Executive Orders as J. R. Biden Jr.

Jerry Baumchen

Sure. The google 'fill in' suggestions gave it to me too. I didn't even have to click on it to actually search it (I use that as a spell check too).

I just find it funny how Ron refers to different presidents. He repeatedly called Obama 'Hussein Obama', to illustrate how scary his middle name was.

The only one I use a derogatory nick-name for is Trump. Generally, I use their last name, with the exception of using initials to differentiate the two Bush presidents (GHWB & GWB).

19 hours ago, billvon said:

Good!  Perhaps that will encourage people to stop wasting it.  There will be more employment on US tight oil fields, more people hired to build fuel efficient cars, and more people replacing their gas guzzlers.  Jobs!

"Waste not, want not."

Tourist travel? 

Interesting comments on rising fuel prices. Here in SC it's up approximately 50 cents in the last month. That hurts those least capable of adapting, the lower income folks. They already struggle to make ends meet. Not good.

Saw a video this morning of a woman with a son with diabetes. He needs 1 box of insulin a month. Most folks need 2 boxes a month. It had been costing $60 and in February it rose to $370 with a manufacturer coupon, $500+ without the coupon. That's not good.

Doing a fact check on her statement that, "Biden did it", found that is not exactly correct. He did freeze Trumps EO 13937 on Access to Affordable Life-Saving Medications that was signed in July 2020 and supposed to go into effect January 22, 2021. It was delayed to March 22. The EO was to, "improve access to affordable insulin and injectable epinephrine for low-income individuals due to lack of insurance or high cost sharing requirements." It appears that when Pres Biden froze it the manufactures took that as a sign and raised the price. Biden can still "unfreeze" it and let it go into effect. 

And about calling him JB or anything other than President Biden - Did you use the respectful terminology with President Trump? 

6 minutes ago, billeisele said:

And about calling him JB or anything other than President Biden - Did you use the respectful terminology with President Trump? 

People often used the kind of language and disrespect that Trump himself used in describing him.

35 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

People often used the kind of language and disrespect that Trump himself used in describing him.

Uhhh ... disagree. If one wants to complain about someone using JB or something other than President Biden then if they didn't use President Trump they have zero credibility on the topic. And if they go further to say, "get used to it" and they didn't get used to President Trump then they absolutely have no credibility on the topic. Well, unless they are willing to accept the label "hypocrite."

I always disliked, and publicly stated that fact, Trumps use of name calling. 

I really don't care if someone used Trump or Biden but it is irritating when they use knock-offs of those names to be negative. We would be better off focusing on improving the country rather than using school yard names and arguing about their use. It's not hard to be respectful even if one disagrees.

1 minute ago, billeisele said:

If one wants to complain about someone using JB or something other than President Biden then if they didn't use President Trump they have zero credibility on the topic.

I'm not sure that anyone is objecting to any nicknames I have heard for Biden. People always use disparaging names for politicians they don't like. It's roughly the same as drawing unflattering caricatures. The only one that I ever found consistently annoying was Ron's blatantly nativist use of Hussein for Obama. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

...And about calling him JB or anything other than President Biden - Did you use the respectful terminology with President Trump? 

No. 

He called for his supporters to 'rough up' a protester. Offered to pay for the attorney.

He called Nazis & KKK 'very fine people'.

He called soldiers killed in action 'suckers & losers'.

He used derogatory names for everyone he didn't like.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

He cost himself any respect I would give to the holder of the office.

Because of his own words and actions.

2 hours ago, billeisele said:

Uhhh ... disagree. If one wants to complain about someone using JB or something other than President Biden then if they didn't use President Trump they have zero credibility on the topic. And if they go further to say, "get used to it" and they didn't get used to President Trump then they absolutely have no credibility on the topic. Well, unless they are willing to accept the label "hypocrite."

I always disliked, and publicly stated that fact, Trumps use of name calling. 

I really don't care if someone used Trump or Biden but it is irritating when they use knock-offs of those names to be negative. We would be better off focusing on improving the country rather than using school yard names and arguing about their use. It's not hard to be respectful even if one disagrees.

Bill, Biden has thus far done nothing, absolutely nothing to warrant the slightest derogatory comment. Trumps long list began immediately after his election by reneging on his promise to release his taxes and on and on and on. He is fairly, and without fear of hypocrisy, called a liar, a cheat and a fraud and much much worse because of his own words and actions. Damn, were it not for the most blatant and glaring partisanship in the Senate he would already have been convicted of insurrection against the United States of America. Trump was not a good and decent person treated badly. There is no equivalency here. 

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I'm surprised that Lyin' Ted Cruz and Liddle Marco became such staunch Trumpists.

List of childish names that Trump used:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Bill, Biden has thus far done nothing, absolutely nothing to warrant the slightest derogatory comment. Trumps long list began immediately after his election by reneging on his promise to release his taxes and on and on and on. He is fairly, and without fear of hypocrisy, called a liar, a cheat and a fraud and much much worse because of his own words and actions. Damn, were it not for the most blatant and glaring partisanship in the Senate he would already have been convicted of insurrection against the United States of America. Trump was not a good and decent person treated badly. There is no equivalency here. 

Joe - Agree with most of this except the tax thing. He said he would release them when the audit was over and apparently it's ongoing but regardless.

All I'm saying is the President is the the President regardless. Folks want to parse and subdivide the issue based an criteria that makes sense to them to do what they want. You use the term "good and decent person." There is enough info out there to tell me that Biden is not a good and decent person. Harris is just as bad. She attended her lovers 60th birthday party and made it plain to everyone there that she was with him. That was done with his wife present. Crazy.

We can just disagree on this one.

As to the Senate trail. From my perspective the whole thing is a sham. There is procedure and it was not followed in the House. Nancy was so blood thirsty she shoved it through with no hearing of the evidence, no witnesses no nothing. It should have never left the House.

That does not mean he is not guilty. All I'm saying is the politicians can't stand on some principals and ignore the others. 

All this political drama does nothing to resolve issues. Remember that Biden was about unity. When does that start?

17 minutes ago, billeisele said:

That does not mean he is not guilty. All I'm saying is the politicians can't stand on some principals and ignore the others. 

All this political drama does nothing to resolve issues. Remember that Biden was about unity. When does that start?

you have one thing right, they can't have it both ways.  unity starts when we make sure this insurrection does not go unpunished, if nothing else than to set a precedent for the next gop wanna-be dictator.  next time they may be smart enough to pull it off. 

48 minutes ago, billeisele said:

That does not mean he is not guilty.

It's not really like a criminal trial. He can't be put in jail. It is a question of whether or not his conduct was so inappropriate that he should be barred from office. Most people understand that is was. The senate Rs also understand that 35% of the population think differently. And they need those people if they hope to hold onto their very high office. In other words protecting their jobs is more important than protecting the office of the POTUS. The main thing protecting the system from Trump is now the ban from Twitter and Facebook. Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg suddenly have even more weight on their shoulders and are acting more responsibly than the political establishment. Luckily they both have far more intestinal fortitude than the likes of Moscow Mitch.

He said he would release them when the audit was over and apparently it's ongoing but regardless.

Negative. Post election the statement was that the issue had been "litigated" in the election and the American people decided, by electing Trump, they didn't care. Utter nonsense.

There is enough info out there to tell me that Biden is not a good and decent person.

Please share with me that evidence, otherwise please retract that statement. Even Lindsey Graham stated on video that Biden was as good a man as God put on the planet. (paraphrase probably but close)

Harris is just as bad. She attended her lovers 60th birthday party and made it plain to everyone there that she was with him. That was done with his wife present. Crazy.

This I am unaware of but even if I was I wouldn't give a damn. Calling people bad because their lifestyle choices don't match up with your Victorian morality is what is bad, in my view. Jeez, Mitterand attended his swearing in with his wife and his mistress. So f'n what?

Nancy was so blood thirsty she shoved it through with no hearing of the evidence, no witnesses no nothing.

Blood thirsty? Do you agree he is guilty of insurrection based on what you know? Come on, man.

Remember that Biden was about unity. When does that start?

When the Republicans start acting in good faith would be my guess.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

... Trumps long list began immediately after his election by reneging on his promise to release his taxes and on and on and on. He is fairly, and without fear of hypocrisy, called a liar, a cheat and a fraud and much much worse because of his own words and actions... 

Trump's long list began looooong before the election.

Joe - Agree with most of this except the tax thing. He said he would release them when the audit was over and apparently it's ongoing but regardless.

All I'm saying is the President is the the President regardless. Folks want to parse and subdivide the issue based an criteria that makes sense to them to do what they want. You use the term "good and decent person." There is enough info out there to tell me that Biden is not a good and decent person. Harris is just as bad. She attended her lovers 60th birthday party and made it plain to everyone there that she was with him. That was done with his wife present. Crazy.

As to the Senate trail. From my perspective the whole thing is a sham. There is procedure and it was not followed in the House. Nancy was so blood thirsty she shoved it through with no hearing of the evidence, no witnesses no nothing. It should have never left the House.

Unity, Bill? This is McConnells statement after he voted for acquittal. Yes, he's guilty but there is this procedural thing that a minority of Senators think is valid so I'm going with that. 

"There's no question -- none -- that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," McConnell said in a speech following the vote that led to Trump's acquittal.

"These criminals were carrying his banners. Hanging his flags. And screaming their loyalty to him."

He called Trump's actions leading up to the siege "a disgraceful dereliction of duty."

McConnell went further and suggested Trump could face charges now that he is out of office.

"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen," he said. "He didn't get away with anything yet."

The Republican from Kentucky, however, said he voted to acquit Trump on a charge of inciting insurrection because, he said, it is unconstitutional to convict a president in an impeachment trial after he has left office.

Harris is just as bad. She attended her lovers 60th birthday party and made it plain to everyone there that she was with him. That was done with his wife present. Crazy.

Why is that anyone's business other than her and her husband's?

I can think of a DJ who went out with the lead singer of Berlin for a long time.  Almost got married.  Then she dumped him and he met someone else.  He's now married to the new woman.  He regularly interviews the singer and has voiced parts for her albums, sometimes with his wife present.  Does that make Terri Nunn a bad person?  Or Dick Sheppard, the DJ?

I mean, Trump is credibly accused of raping two women and sexually assaulting eleven.  He admitted it on tape and is currently being sued by one of his victims.  Harris is worse because she  . . . what?  Has a good relationship with a former lover?  If she had raped him would that have made it OK with republicans?

As to the Senate trail. From my perspective the whole thing is a sham. There is procedure and it was not followed in the House. Nancy was so blood thirsty she shoved it through with no hearing of the evidence, no witnesses no nothing.  It should have never left the House.

None of that is actually true, though.

Remember that Biden was about unity. When does that start?

When republicans are willing to meet him in the middle.

From back on Dec 4th:

"Biden this week contributed to the gathering momentum for the lame-duck Congress to act. He joined Democratic leaders in backing, at least as a starting point, the $900-billion compromise proposed by a bipartisan group of lawmakers."

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Why is that anyone's business other than she and her husband's?

because you and i and everyone else knows that clinton could get impeached for a bj, but he inciting an insurrection is ok.

apparently the private lives of elected officials is fair game, yet the public comments are off limits.

I dont disagree with you on name calling. Not that I never do it, but it’s not the right thing. On the impeachment I’ll disagree. It’s always possible to find something that Nancy Pelosi did wrong, just as it’s always possible to find something that Trump did right. However, if that’s all you ever do is look for that side, then it’s partisan and not fact based. 
And as far as the “Harris attended her lovers birthday with his wife there,” well, the marriage had been estranged for a long time. She’s friends with her husbands Ed-wife. I met my now Ex-husbands girlfriend when we were still officially married (insurance issues); I thought she was nice. I chose not to date before the divorce, but there were other logistical reasons for it more than anything else. It would have been perfectly moral. 
One can nearly always find what they look for in other people and situations. So what they look for can be very telling. And yes, that means the people who can see no good whatsoever in Trump as well. 
Wendy P.