8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

FIFY

The whole world knows that after four years of trump its China with the money.

Bingo. They know how to play the game. 

12 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Even worse, if you pop along to place like r/conservative and the like, a considerable number of Republican voters consider him a very viable candidate for 2024...

Does anyone else remember him claiming that the Ebola 'outbreak' in 2014 was the 'worst crisis we are facing?"

I can't find that precise quote, but did find a rather interesting story.
Look who was slamming the Obama administration for the response to Ebola.
Look at what they were calling for to stop it.

Compare and contrast that with those same people's response to Covid.

https://www.salon.com/2015/05/13/the_ebola_buffoons_get_humiliated_the_politicians_and_pundits_who_were_the_wrongest_about_ebola/

On 1/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, gowlerk said:

Hannity has to keep his ratings up. Constantly feeding the audience with outrage is the daily diet to keep the dollars rolling in.

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-trashing-joe-biden-day-one-presidency-1563256

When his whole existence is based on creating drama... Another no brainer, right? 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:23 PM, mistercwood said:

Even worse, if you pop along to place like r/conservative and the like, a considerable number of Republican voters consider him a very viable candidate for 2024...

r/conservative is a cesspool of stupidity.  Might as well be r/conspiracy.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, JoeWeber said:

Trump was not a product of the media. Trump was a product of Trump. Just because quite a number of voters took so long, or in many cases never, to see him for what he is is no fault of the media. 

One analysis showed that Trump received more than a billion dollars in free media in the run up to the 2016 election.  If a demagogue rants in Mar a Lago and the media doesn’t cover it, does he still make a sound?

48 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

One analysis showed that Trump received more than a billion dollars in free media in the run up to the 2016 election.  If a demagogue rants in Mar a Lago and the media doesn’t cover it, does he still make a sound?

Yes, the free media coverage was probably decisive. However, the media probably couldn't have done it using you or me. Trump was already Trump and came stage ready with a media presence. We could have a chicken or egg disagreement on this for a long time, I reckon.

30 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Yes, the free media coverage was probably decisive. However, the media probably couldn't have done it using you or me. Trump was already Trump and came stage ready with a media presence. We could have a chicken or egg disagreement on this for a long time, I reckon.

I don’t disagree.  I just think, in this instance, it took two to tango. 

9 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Anything positive you can take away from the Trump presidency? Maybe ONE. You discovered your one little vote really DOES count. Until Trump came along, people were starting to forget that. He was a harsh reminder that your vote IS important. 

if you live in the right state.  the e.c. needs to go.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:03 PM, wmw999 said:

Airdvr, a lot of folks see those as good things to rejoin, although I've heard some pushback on Keystone in a couple of arenas. We are the richest and most technologically advanced country. We have to be at the forefront if we want to continue that way. 

Wendy P.

Fun fact, our CO2 emissions were lower after we left the Paris Agreement than while we were still in.

2017- 5131 million tons 

2015- 5263 million tons 

51 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Fun fact, our CO2 emissions were lower after we left the Paris Agreement than while we were still in.

2017- 5131 million tons 

2015- 5263 million tons 

That is a fun fact. As Science Officer on the Starship Speakers Corner to what would you attribute such a beneficial change? More Tesla's? Increased numbers of Cetaceans slapping their tails? Bummed out Parisians staying home and sulking? Inquiring minds, you know.

• Like 1

(edited)
35 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That is a fun fact. As Science Officer on the Starship Speakers Corner to what would you attribute such a beneficial change? More Tesla's? Increased numbers of Cetaceans slapping their tails? Bummed out Parisians staying home and sulking? Inquiring minds, you know.

Almost ALL of our (the US) reduction in CO2 emissions can be attributed to natural gas replacing coal for power generation. 
Of course this was only possible because of the fracking revolution.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Almost ALL of our (the US) reduction in CO2 emissions can be attributed to natural gas replacing coal for power generation. 
Of course this was only possible because of the fracking revolution.

Thank you. Now I know, the fracking revolution happened after we left the Paris accords. Whereas I'm not a big fan of using two years as a time frame for example, I am all for natural gas replacing coal fired plants. That said, I'm not sure we should all be doing the cabbage patch because the gas came from fracking. You want everyone here to believe that todays CO2 emissions will be harmless after we're dead. You needn't waste anymore time on me, I agree.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:
  • “there’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.”  Joe Biden

I saw that quote blasted across the front page of FoxNews this morning...COVID in the US is raging like a wildfire right now.  Massive wildfires take time (and organization/planning/execution!) to get under control....Fox's headline - and, presumably your post here - were painting Biden's quote as evidence a failure.  I, for one, take it as a refreshing truthful assessment of the situation that we're dealing with.  I firmly believe that the actions of his administration will accelerate getting this under control, but it's not going to happen overnight.  We're currently looking at 3000+ deaths a day.  Biden is acknowledging that this is likely to be the reality for a while.  Would you prefer he suggested we grab the Clorox and the shot glasses and say that everything's fine?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No comment on men taking away opportunities from women with Biden’s trans policy?

You'll probably have to provide an example of that happening before we can comment on it. I just read the EO, what part of it do you consider to be men taking opportunities away from women?

42 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

You'll probably have to provide an example of that happening before we can comment on it. I just read the EO, what part of it do you consider to be men taking opportunities away from women?

There will be confusion over who uses which toilets. Since women are usually shorted in the public washroom toilet count already it will only get worse when hoards of men wearing skirts and makeup begin to hog the available urination resources. 

9 hours ago, mistercwood said:

You'll probably have to provide an example of that happening before we can comment on it. I just read the EO, what part of it do you consider to be men taking opportunities away from women

https://www.wired.com/story/the-glorious-victories-of-trans-athletes-are-shaking-up-sports/

Any questions?