1 1
Westerly

CA throws 300,000 Covid vaccinations in the trash.

29 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Makes sense. Sacrifice 1000 to save 1. How many people are going to die now that 300,000 fewer vaccinations will be going into people's arms?

?? The article said nothing like that.  Stop spreading misinformation.

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

?? The article said nothing like that.  Stop spreading misinformation.

It's called deductive reasoning. Look it up. If they are holding 300k doses back and they are not going to be administered, which the article did say, then obviously those doses are not going to just be magically replaced on the spot with new ones.

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Makes sense. Sacrifice 1000 to save 1. How many people are going to die now that 300,000 fewer vaccinations will be going into people's arms?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/california-urges-stop-to-300000-covid-19-vaccines-after-some-fall-ill

"Fewer than 10 people, who all received the vaccine at the same community site, needed medical attention over a 24-hour period, Pan said. No other similar clusters were found."

One administration site of 287.

"She said more than 330,000 doses from the lot arrived in California between Jan. 5 and Jan. 12 and were distributed to 287 providers."

Perhaps that one site let the vaccine get too warm, perhaps????

Edited by Phil1111

3 minutes ago, Westerly said:

It's called deductive reasoning. Look it up. If they are holding 300k doses back and they are not going to be administered, which the article did say, then obviously those doses are not going to just be magically replaced on the spot with new ones.

They are not holding any back.  They are RECOMMENDING people use other lots until they figure out why there were ten+ adverse reactions using this lot.  Once they figure that out, and it turns out to not be a concern, they will use them.  (Unless, of course, it turns out there is a problem with them - in which case, it would be a very good thing that people used alternatives, eh?)

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Perhaps that one site let the vaccine get too warm, perhaps????

We don't know, but my understanding is that would cause the lipid coating to break down and that in turn would lead to the actual mRNA to rapidly deteriorate.

50 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

We don't know, but my understanding is that would cause the lipid coating to break down and that in turn would lead to the actual mRNA to rapidly deteriorate.

One center of 287 having issues would suggest its an issue in that vaccine center and not the batch.

21 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

One center of 287 having issues would suggest its an issue in that vaccine center and not the batch.

If that is true (it's not clear from the article) then that would be a reasonable conclusion - which would exonerate the batch if true.  It could also be a shipping problem, one where a shipment got too warm, in which case it might affect shipments to several vaccination locations.

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

If that is true (it's not clear from the article) then that would be a reasonable conclusion - which would exonerate the batch if true.  It could also be a shipping problem, one where a shipment got too warm, in which case it might affect shipments to several vaccination locations.

Agree, from Moderna Storage and Handling Summary:. 3.Open the box and remove TagAlert Temperature Monitor from box (placed in the inner box next to vaccine). 4.Check the TagAlert temperature monitoring device by pressing the blue “start and stop” button. Left arrow points to a green checkmark: The vaccine is ready to use. Store the vaccine at proper temperatures immediately.Right arrow points to a red X: The numbers 1 and/or 2 will appear in the display. Store the vaccine at proper temperatures and label DO NOT USE! Call the phone number indicated in the instructions or your jurisdiction's immunization program IMMEDIATELY

2 hours ago, Westerly said:

Seriously, Bill, didn't they cover deductive reasoning at MIT? That's bullshit. I say we go get your money back.

3 hours ago, Westerly said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/california-urges-stop-to-300000-covid-19-vaccines-after-some-fall-ill

I didn't see anything in the article about trash.

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:

now i have yet to look it up to verify, but i understood the moderna vaccine didn't use the rna, that was the pfizer vaccine.  that's why the moderna vaccine doesn't need to be at -70*c.  hard to keep up with it all.

2 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

now i have yet to look it up to verify, but i understood the moderna vaccine didn't use the rna, that was the pfizer vaccine.  that's why the moderna vaccine doesn't need to be at -70*c.  hard to keep up with it all.

Pfizer and Moderna are extremely similar....I'm pretty sure that one is essentially licensing the technology of the other.

52 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

49 minutes ago, lippy said:

Pfizer and Moderna are extremely similar....I'm pretty sure that one is essentially licensing the technology of the other.

42 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

now i have to go look.  got any links?  nevermind, work beckons right now.  i'll find one later.

Explains it all Time Magazine..  I found it interesting that the main players were immigrants and its a good counter to trump's walls.

56 minutes ago, lippy said:

They are both mRNA vaccines. They were developed completely independently of each other and are not exactly the same piece of RNA. They both need to be encapsulated with a lipid to keep them from falling apart before they get into the cells they need to penetrate. Moderna has been developing mRNA products for several years and they have a more stable lipid coating. That is why theirs does not need such low storage temperatures.

13 hours ago, Westerly said:

What bullshit.  There was no mention of throwing anything in the trash.

Anyone surprised after four years of non-stop lying?  The world, or a significant part of it, now sees lying as a virtue.

6 minutes ago, NewGuy2005 said:

Anyone surprised after four years of non-stop lying?  The world, or a significant part of it, now sees lying as a virtue.

1 in 3 Europeans say US can’t be trusted: Poll

Lies and trump has had an effect. trumpites could care less because they think nuclear carrier battlegroups and walls. Is all America needs to protect its interests. Remember the NATO meeting where trump bullied and pushed his way to the front of the photo-op. It didn't go unnoticed.

Others have forsworn science, MSM and critical analysis. Its all a price to pay for trump.

44 minutes ago, NewGuy2005 said:

I think it's that an ever-larger number of people think that their point is important enough that it's OK to read stuff for what supports their point, rather than for what builds a truth that's separate from their point. It's much harder to keep re-evaluating your positions, but in the long run I think it's a better way to approach reality.

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

You might be thinking of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, which is a somewhat more conventional vaccine.  It's a DNA adenovirus vaccine strain based on a chimpanzee virus that cannot replicate - but presents spike proteins similar to the ones presented by SARS-CoV-2.  There is less information available on it because it has not passed any one phase 3 test - the "phase 3 testing" they did was a combination of several failed phase 3 tests.  In one, they accidentally administered half the dosage for the first injection, and that actually worked better, providing better protection than the full dosage.  Since it was administered incorrectly, it was considered a failed test, but due to the emergency some places (like the UK) took that testing as valid and approved it.

It can be refrigerated at 2-3C and have a fairly long storage life, which makes it easier to transport and store.

9 hours ago, lippy said:

Well you're incorrect. They conducted their own trails separately. The two products weren't even developed in the same country.

2 hours ago, Westerly said:

Well you're incorrect. They conducted their own trails separately. The two products weren't even developed in the same country.

So the fact they are the first two mRNA vaccines doesn't even enter into it, eh?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

So the fact they are the first two mRNA vaccines doesn't even enter into it, eh?

So you're saying there is no possibility that two seperate companies could have developed a new tech? It has to be a conspiracy theory? You realize the dosing instruction is different for the two? One you wait 21 days, the other 28. You know mRNA is not new right? It has existence for some time, just it's never been used in humans. But it's been used in animals many times. What's with you freaking guys and always assuming it's the 1% chance conclusion over the 99% chance one? Like everything has to be some giant conspiracy. 

Edited by Westerly