Veis

On-harness RDS pocket

Reasonable questions.The pocket is made as part of a protective cover for harness tapes, and the outside skin is cordura. this will prolong the operation of the rig, and maybe even the butt ) Belly band is not universal solution, and is potentially dangerous in jumping freefly, etc. The pocket on the leg reduces the risk of involuntary cutaway, or pull out reserve by hooking cushion by the RDS release cords loop.  like it made swoop shorts, but for winter jumps, naked jumps etc. too.

Belly band with a pocket are made by some manufacturers, we wanted to try something new.

(edited)
21 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Dear Veis,

Please explain how a belly-band increases the risk when freeflying.

Hi Rob! Like any equipment, located near cutaway/reserve releases, the belly-band with integrated pocket requires increased attention in highspeed jumps of course. Other than the one mentioned earlier, it can fill and vibrate in the flow, loosening tension in connection tapes with hardware, and it can also contain magnets and velcro in the flap (we did not consider zippers, they are useless for winter).

Edited by Veis

absolutely no. as being said above - it will make harness input, it will not lasl longer because of butt-slides.

I prefer to put rds under my jacket or tshirt if I do not have pocket on my pants. It is faster, it is safer.

Hello! We continue the "pilot operation", and we like it more and more. This is quite convenient, is no design change, only a little in the materials. I wrote about winter usage and caution with releases above.