1 1
cjdskydiver

Blue Skies Mag

I've been a Blue Skies subscriber for years and the issues just stopped late 2019.  Emails not returned.  Then in March 2020 I got this email explaining.  Now there has been one digital issue put out last year, but that is it.  I followed back up via email and nothing again.

The Sky is Not Falling

A note from the owners of Blue Skies Mag. 

The sky is NOT falling. We’re repeating this to ourselves pretty regularly these days. Hopefully none of you are dealing personally with the coronavirus right now. If you are, know that your skydiving community has your back and is a resource. Reach out if you haven’t - to us, to your DZ buddies, coaches, instructors, teammates, vendors, USPA reps. We’re all here for you.

Like I (Lara) detailed in my post, we’ve dropped a bunch of balls at BSM HQ, and this quarantine just adds to the confusion. We’ve decided to make the magazine available for everyone for the rest of the year on our website. In addition to hopefully making up for our absence the last few months, we just want to spread some sky joy to our community.

As a current BSM subscriber, going forward you have 2 options: 

1. Get your money back.
    If you choose this, we will refund your prorated subscription as soon as we are financially able to. Email us or fill out the form in the tab “Refund Request” in your Account page to start the process.  https://blueskiesmag.com/my-account/
  2. Stick it out with us.
    If you choose this, we will add 1 year to your current subscription to make up for any missed issues. Until print resumes, you’ll be reading your magazine online (for free), and earn our undying gratitude for hanging tight. 

Moving forward, please story ideas to our new editor Shauna ([email protected]). Features, columns, polls in the spirt of DZ Awards - or anything else you might think of.  This is a good time to dig out all those old photos, logbook entries, dusty memories from the vault, and stories you haven’t had the chance to share before! Because we’re going digital for a bit, photo quality does not need to be as high as we used to require - screen grabs, Facebook downloads, photos of print photos will all be usable now.

Above all, we want you to know that we’re back in the light and apologize to anyone who’s reached out the past few months and heard crickets. Moving forward, we hope to re-earn your trust and rebuild the community around Blue Skies Mag. Now hopefully wiser, more resilient, and with a refreshed outlook ready to face this new world.

Blue skies, 

Kolla & Lara

• Like 2