1 1
gowlerk

Countdown till some normalcy

Well, it's not going to be 'entirely over' on the 21st.

I think we're going to have something of a "Trump Hangover" for at least a few weeks.
Impeachment, Alt-Right idiots, criminal prosecution of Trump, his toadies (direct subordinates) and all the Trumpettes from the Capitol insurrection attempt. 

That's not including any potential unrest/insurrection attempts on the 21st itself.
However, I'm not terribly worried about that. The security forces (all over the country) are on alert and extra deployed. They won't make the same mistake they made on the 6th.

The fact that the idiots from the Capitol are being identified & rounded up helps too. Less idiots to do stupid shit, and a good example for the rest.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

That's not including any potential unrest/insurrection attempts on the 21st itself.
However, I'm not terribly worried about that. The security forces (all over the country) are on alert and extra deployed. They won't make the same mistake they made on the 6th.

I just rode by a Trump protest in Mira Mesa.  About 150 people with "stop the steal" flags, Trump flags, and a few "F*CK BIDEN and f*ck you for voting for him" flags.  That's one small town in San Diego.  Multiply that by a few thousand, and you could have hundreds of thousands of angry irrational people bent on violence on the 21st.

In a way it might be a good thing that the insurrection happened on the 6th.  Like you said, they won't make the mistake of being underprepared again.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

All pointless. Biden could reverse every one of those things in his first hour of office. I dont get the point of firing everyone you dont like a week before you're out of a job. Biden could easily just fire all of the replacements and hire the old guys back, which I wouldent be surprised if he did.

Edited by Westerly

(edited)
8 hours ago, Westerly said:

All pointless. Biden could reverse every one of those things in his first hour of office. I dont get the point of firing everyone you dont like a week before you're out of a job. Biden could easily just fire all of the replacements and hire the old guys back, which I wouldent be surprised if he did.

No. If you'd have read the articles they are ALL fixed term or positions where they can only be moved laterally within the government.

How Dozens of Trump’s Political Appointees Will Stay in Government After Biden Takes Over

"Documents show that officials appointed by Trump who’d otherwise lose their jobs under Biden have been approved for permanent positions in federal agencies."

Like, "Perhaps the most infamous Trump administration official who will remain in government after Trump leaves office is Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a Trump megadonor whose leadership of the U.S. Postal Service nearly sabotaged voting by mail. As postmaster general, DeJoy serves no fixed term and can't be removed by the president, meaning that with continued backing from the Postal Service Board of Governors, he could undermine voting by mail for years to come. (The majority of the board members are Republicans appointed by Trump.)"

Edited by Phil1111

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Since the social media posting ban has been imposed on the failed dictator the talk of election fraud has all but disappeared from view.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/01/17/opinions/social-media-ban-effect-trump-obeidallah/index.html

Amazing what can happen when a con man receives legal advice that his scam has killed people. That legal liabilities against him could be substantial.