3 3
brenthutch

Lefties and lockdowns

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Apparently Gavin Newsom has developed the California variant, but not to worry Biden is in office and now everything is going to be great.

That wasn't the hope or the expectation. We're simply guaranteed that things will be better now that everything is not going to be Trump. So, before you move the expectation goal posts and commence with 4 years of 'told you so's please get it straight that no one on the left who posts here claimed Biden was ideal and the promised land was soon to follow. Pretty much, he was who could get Job 1 done which was beating Trump and I, for one, am willing take a lot of what I don't like for that outcome.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That wasn't the hope or the expectation. We're simply guaranteed that things will be better now that everything is not going to be Trump. So, before you move the expectation goal posts and commence with 4 years of 'told you so's please get it straight that no one on the left who posts here claimed Biden was ideal and the promised land was soon to follow. Pretty much, he was who could get Job 1 done which was beating Trump and I, for one, am willing take a lot of what I don't like for that outcome.

Brent is just following his latest news feeds "Recall Newsom effort has ties to far-right movements, including QAnon and virus skeptics.

Lets all remember trump couldn't even mention "sleepy Joe" by his real name subsequent to President Biden's landslide victory. Couldn't even admit he lost. So expect his supporters and enablers to scour their news feeds for every mispronounced word President Biden utters.

(edited)

Are you kidding me?  Biden is WAY more popular than even Obama, he received eleven million more votes.  With control of both houses and a clear mandate I look forward to the implementation of bold progressive policies that will heal our country, bring world peace and stop bad weather. 

Edited by brenthutch

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Are you kidding me?  Biden is WAY more popular than even Obama, he received eleven million more votes.  With control of both houses and a clear mandate I look forward to the implementation of bold progressive policies that will heal our country, bring world peace and stop bad weather. 

oh how i wish i could be as ignorant as your comments are.  nobody said he was the saviour of our country, merely the one they gave us to oppose trump.  he was the worst of the candidates offered, yet the one who got elected, so we play the hand we're dealt, much the same as the past four year, no decades. 

15 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

oh how i wish i could be as ignorant as your comments are.  nobody said he was the saviour of our country, merely the one they gave us to oppose trump.  he was the worst of the candidates offered, yet the one who got elected, so we play the hand we're dealt, much the same as the past four year, no decades. 

The R party nominated Trump. Twice. Seriously and not as a joke. The D party nominated Biden. The nation chose from the two of them. How it could be as close as it was is really beyond me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Thereby demonstrating the breadth and depth of your understanding of politics.

20 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

He was demonstrably more popular than Obama, how can you say he was the worst? 

because, unlike most of the gop, i actually listen to what people say, how they say it (body language), and research their past to make sure i am making an informed decision.  joe was the worst of the candidates the dems threw up, based on my own evaluations of the others.  i would have went with mayor pete or warren. 

how could you think dear leader kompromat was capable of leading a parade of ants, let alone a country?  the racism is strong in you, good thing it's not illegal.

35 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Obama received 65,915,793 votes 

Biden received 81,281,502 votes 

Biden’s popularity exceeds Obama’s by more than fifteen million votes.

Is that it? I thought you might have something else besides stats from two different elections that occurred 8 years apart, with vastly different numbers of voter participation, and in which neither candidate was running against each other.

22 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

Is that it? I thought you might have something else besides stats from two different elections that occurred 8 years apart, with vastly different numbers of voter participation, and in which neither candidate was running against each other.

You haven't seen many of his posts, then, have you . . . .

In 2008 Biden attempted a run at the nomination. He dropped out after the IA caucuses. Because several candidates, including Obama were far more popular than him. Which is just as relevant as the argument being made here. Which is to say, not relevant at all.

57 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

In 2008 Biden attempted a run at the nomination. He dropped out after the IA caucuses. Because several candidates, including Obama were far more popular than him.

Yet he stayed in after loosing IA, NH and NV.  It is almost as if he was put up as a sacrificial lamb as a Trump landslide victory was assured given the state of the economy and progress on mid-east peace.  Yup he was so popular that he lost the first three contests and chose a VP who garnered ZERO votes in the primaries.  Makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

You haven't seen many of his posts, then, have you . . . .

It isn’t that. I’ve seen plenty. It’s just, I so want to believe he isn’t trolling because he was always such a cool guy in real life back when I used to jump at the same dz as him many years ago. I can’t believe he isn’t still that same guy either. It’s a bit surreal for me, and more confusing than anything else. 

To be fair, I don’t disagree with everything I’ve seen him post, and he has provided information in other threads that I have learned from. I think some of his logic can be a bit fallacious, as in this case, but I rarely have the time to go through what it would take to prove that. I probably shouldn’t even engage online. I think next time I’m in Maryland and it’s safer to travel, I just need to grab a bottle of Crown Royal and head up to PA.

25 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

It isn’t that. I’ve seen plenty. It’s just, I so want to believe he isn’t trolling because he was always such a cool guy in real life back when I used to jump at the same dz as him many years ago. I can’t believe he isn’t still that same guy either. It’s a bit surreal for me, and more confusing than anything else. 

From what I understand, he's a much different person in real life. 

Some people undergo a personality change when they sit down in front of a monitor. 
It's partly the lack of accountabliltiy when you aren't dealing with 'real people'.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Yet he stayed in after loosing IA, NH and NV.  It is almost as if he was put up as a sacrificial lamb as a Trump landslide victory was assured given the state of the economy and progress on mid-east peace.  Yup he was so popular that he lost the first three contests and chose a VP who garnered ZERO votes in the primaries.  Makes perfect sense.

Hi Brent,

How many primary votes did Mike Pence get?

A typical specious argument of yours.

Jerry Baumchen