1 1
billvon

Farewell Rudy

Rudy Giuliani, once referred to as "America's Mayor" has been declining pretty precipitously lately.  It started when he hitched his wagon to the Trump crazy train and became his lawyer.  You could see the plummet begin when he had a press conference at the swanky "Four Seasons."  Then there was that odd "sweating mascara" incident.  Then he spoke to a group of Trump rioters and sent them off to the capital for a "Trial by Combat" (his words) - and whaddya know, there was combat.

Now he is facing being disbarred for his incitement of insurrection.  Trump has announced he will no longer pay him.  Trump has even told his aides to not let his phone calls through.  ("Rudy?  Rudy who?")  And Sidney Powell said this this morning: "Time to start asking Rudy Giuliani about his involvement with Venezuela, Smartmatic and others affiliated with Dominion Voting Systems."  Looks like he is now a target of the people he once fought for.

Seems like this is the fate of most of the people who have aligned with Trump over the years - shafted and discarded by a vindictive tyrant.

I used to work for Walmart at their home office.  Part of their culture building was to have a Saturday morning meeting every weekend at which there would sometimes be a famous person or celebrity speaking.

I don't remember the exact year, but one Saturday Rudy was the speaker.  This was within a few years of 9/11. Just a reminder that at the time, Rudy was celebrated for his handling of the 9/11 crisis in New York City where he was the Mayor.  Having him speak at the meeting was a big deal.

He was a good speaker and we were all basking in the glow of a true American hero.  In the middle of his speech he pulls out his flip phone and looks at the caller ID, gets embarrassed, and says something to the effect of "I've got to take this call.  It's my wife."  He then proceeds to have this short awkward conversation with his wife about very mundane household things.  The audience's collective heart was warmed by witnessing this intimate, "awww shucks" moment between this great man and his wife.

It was perfect.  It was so perfect that that my bullshit detector went off.  A few years later, I remembered that heartwarming moment, went to Google, and found that it was a stunt that he frequently used in public speaking.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, obelixtim said:

Hopefully the FBI offer him immunity for his co operation. He knows where the bodies are buried. His only problem is his credibility is shot.

Gawd; Could you imagine being a prosecutor and needing to call Rudy to testify in a trial? What a nightmare.

Edited by ryoder

5 hours ago, lummy said:

Look on the bright side, Rudy's not likely to get a pardon now 

He may think he's got it over on Michael Cohen. He may think Rudy is an easy mark as well.

trump has dealt with many lawyers. F*#ked them all over. But in the next couple years he may need talent, real talent. Just like he may need some friendly bankers.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Gawd; Could you imagine being a prosecutor and needing to call Rudy to testify in a trail? What a nightmare.

Screw that. I want his tell-all book. Maybe The Swamp Creature would be a good title. The more salacious the better. 
If it’s good enough, I’d be OK with a pardon. Maybe. 
Wendy P. 

(edited)

100% it’s part of Trumps plan to pin the whole Capitol invasion on Rudy.

’My speech was perfect. Everybody says so. But Rudi (unknown to me!) said it should be Trial by Combat!! I fired him as soon as it was apparent. Very sad. Tremendously.

Nothing do with me. No responsibility. Perfect.’

Edited by yoink
  • Like 3