1 1
Phil1111

The Second Impeachment of trump

2 hours ago, johnhking1 said:

I don't think Trump should have been impeached a second time and not because he doesn't deserve it.

He is now out of office so the reason to impeach him in that regard is moot.

There is a chance that there will not be enough votes in the Senate to convict him.

Trump loves attention and the impeachment will help keep him in the news.

He still has a lot of supporters that may not react well.

If he is not convicted, it is just like him to take advantage of that and boast " they impeached me twice and couldn't convict me so I did nothing wrong.

If they take the steps to prevent him from running for president again, that looks to me that they are afraid he may run and possibly get elected.

Just let him play golf in Florida, eat his big Mac's, keep him out of the news and keep your fingers crossed that he fades away.

Fuck that. I want his scalp on a pole. The asshole incited insurrection against the United States of America while he was President of the United States of America. If that doesn't warrant conviction then nothing ever will so then why not lets just shred the Constitution and have a goddamn free for all for a government?

2 hours ago, johnhking1 said:

I don't think Trump should have been impeached a second time and not because he doesn't deserve it.

He is now out of office so the reason to impeach him in that regard is moot.

I think there is value in penalizing people for their crimes.  A future president will have an example of how attempting to overthrow an election and install himself as a dictator will fail.

33 minutes ago, billvon said:

I think there is value in penalizing people for their crimes.  A future president will have an example of how attempting to overthrow an election and install himself as a dictator will fail.

I doubt Trump will actually be penalized, but at least there should be some semblance of a trial this time. Unfortunately I think the example that will be set is that there will always be enough GOP senators willing to acquit.

59 minutes ago, billvon said:

There is one great advantage in the impeachment trial. Midterms are a lifetime away in politics. Every GOP trump traitor will be making grandiose speeches in the coming 3-4 weeks. All on tape to be replayed come election. All to be interspersed with their corporate financial enablers messaging. The Lincoln project will have a field day. It will not look good for corporate America to have their names smeared by treasonous speeches seeking to free someone who has been forgotten.

38 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

There is one great advantage in the impeachment trial. Midterms are a lifetime away in politics. Every GOP trump traitor will be making grandiose speeches in the coming 3-4 weeks. All on tape to be replayed come election. All to be interspersed with their corporate financial enablers messaging. The Lincoln project will have a field day. It will not look good for corporate America to have their names smeared by treasonous speeches seeking to free someone who has been forgotten.

The rub is, they’re all going to hide behind their interpretation that it is unconstitutional. 

20 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Holy shit Ron - how radically far right do you have to be to view the Boogaloo Bois as leftists?:$

Meanwhile, opening defense leaves Republicans saying 'what the heck was all that nonsense about?' https://time.com/5937941/republican-senators-trump-defense-impeachment/

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Yep.  They were all thinking "what is he talking about?"  

Although "chilling" does not equal "incoherent" so OAN chose the wrong word for that headline

6 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Hi Ron,

Looks like your guy did not see it that way:  The former president was frustrated with the meandering arguments.

Trump was quite displeased with his impeachment defense team - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yep.  They were all thinking "what is he talking about?"  

Although "chilling" does not equal "incoherent" so OAN chose the wrong word for that headline

Remember when OAN articles were just verbatim 'The President said...' quotes of Trump and his cronies? Ron said he liked them then because they just reported the facts with no opinion. Call me crazy but I might have spotted just a hint of opinion creeping its way in.

Since the Trump card is anything that is declared as such after being presented in this "game", it'll be interesting to see how significant it is.

Ron, the Kraken never came, Trump wasn't inaugurated, and 1871 wasn't the last legal inauguration. For that matter, everyone else who's tried to subvert the will of the voters isn't a patriot.

Because America is defined by its rules, not by what people happen to be affected by those rules. The rule of law is above the rule of people when effected by the country. Individual people have the right to hold whatever rule they think is more important (e.g. the Rule of God), and the government can't prosecute them for their efforts or lack thereof.

I am a real American. So is my genderqueer BLM-protesting friend. So is my 96-year-old Trump-supporting great aunt, and my Texas friends who span a entire range of political belief. But we all get a voice, and the rules are what they are for listening to those voices.

Trump's voice is only more important in the minds of a minority of Americans. That makes it a minority voice.

Wendy P.

• Like 2