1 1
Phil1111

The Second Impeachment of trump

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

There are legitimate reasons for the 20,000 armed national guard troops. Four years of incitement.

"Federal prosecutors offered an ominous new assessment of last week’s siege of the U.S. Capitol by President Donald Trump’s supporters on Thursday, saying in a court filing that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.”

Hi Phil,

Re:   rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.

Due to their frenzy at actually getting into the buildings, I have no doubt that they would have killed any number of elected officials.

Jerry Baumchen

On 1/14/2021 at 9:34 PM, SkyDekker said:

He sent it all to Bannon to build a wall. 

Speaking of:

Breitbart’s Audience Has Dropped 72% Since Trump Took Office – As Other Right-Wing Sites Have Gained

"But by June, the most recent month for which figures are available, Breitbart dropped to sixth — behind such upstarts as the Philip Anschutz-backed Washington Examiner (10.0 million), Washington Times (6.7 million), Glenn Beck’s The Blaze (6.0 million) and the Tucker Carlson-founded Daily Caller (5.0 million). (Fox News, of course, dwarfed them all with 103.2 million visitors.)"

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/19/us/inauguration-day-biden/mcconnell-weighing-impeachment-vote-says-mob-that-assaulted-the-capitol-was-provoked-by-the-president

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, said on Tuesday that the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 had been “provoked by the president and other powerful people,” stating publicly for the first time that he holds President Trump at least partly responsible for the assault.

“The mob was fed lies,” Mr. McConnell said, referring to attempts by Mr. Trump to overturn the election based on bogus claims of voter fraud. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people. And they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like.”

Mr. McConnell made the remarks on his last full day as majority leader, speaking on the eve of President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s inauguration and as the Senate was bracing to receive a single article of impeachment from the House charging Mr. Trump with “incitement of insurrection.”

I want to be the first one on record to say that Congress needs to immediately start articles of impeachment on Biden right now. Or at the very least invoke the 25th amendment because Biden is too old and senile. Just look what he has already done as president. We now have another do-nothing president and things need to change.

26 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

I want to be the first one on record to say that Congress needs to immediately start articles of impeachment on Biden right now. Or at the very least invoke the 25th amendment because Biden is too old and senile. Just look what he has already done as president. We now have another do-nothing president and things need to change.

Ah dude you're like at least a week too late to be first. Marjorie Taylor Green, Representative from (did you even need to guess) Georgia started writing impeachment articles against him as soon as Trump got his.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

I know!  4000,00 people have died of COVID-19 since he took office!

I thought it was because the DJIA was up 11.9% in the time between Biden was elected and the time he took office. Or 3700 points.

Quiet ...quiet, no applause this is a time of national mourning and introspection.

26 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I thought it was because the DJIA was up 11.9% in the time between Biden was elected and the time he took office. Or 3700 points.

Quiet ...quiet, no applause this is a time of national mourning and introspection.

Damn. The market is taking a beating with Biden's inauguration. I hope it can recover.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 14.53.19.png

22 hours ago, jakee said:

Ah dude you're like at least a week too late to be first. Marjorie Taylor Green, Representative from (did you even need to guess) Georgia started writing impeachment articles against him as soon as Trump got his.

She was just jumping the gun. Need to wait until he is president in order to impeach. If Biden was a real man after he uttered the words "so help me God", he would have had the SS bring up a folding table and chair on stage and start signing executive orders undoing every one Trump signed. That would be real leadership.

Instead what did he do? Give a speech. Have a parade. Shake some hands. And only hours later start signing executive orders. WHAT A LOSER. BABY! SAD!

On 1/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, jakee said:

Yup, she filed them today.

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1352359178355011586?s=20

(edited)
2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks like most of us want him convicted:  'A majority of Americans . . . want to see him convicted'

Poll: Majority of Americans support Trump impeachment and conviction - POLITICO

As you can expect, I want him convicted.

Jerry Baumchen

The Supreme Court just let him off the hook for his egregious emoluments violations. I did not read the decision but I think the idea was now that he's no longer president it's all moot. What a gong show. If Trump get's away with both theft and fomenting insurrection in a coup attempt nothing will stop a smarter person from actually pulling it off next time around. Make no mistake about it: there is someone far cleverer than Trump eyeing his chances. 

Duck Nation.png

Edited by JoeWeber
There are now two F's in off. I thought it was one F off.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

The Supreme Court just let him off the hook for his egregious emoluments violations. I did not read the decision but I think the idea was now that he's no longer president it's all moot. What a gong show. If Trump get's away with both theft and fomenting insurrection in a coup attempt nothing will stop a smarter person from actually pulling it of next time around. Make no mistake about it: there is someone far cleverer than Trump eyeing his chances. 

Duck Nation.png

Billvon???? 

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The Supreme Court just let him off the hook for his egregious emoluments violations. I did not read the decision but I think the idea was now that he's no longer president it's all moot. What a gong show. If Trump get's away with both theft and fomenting insurrection in a coup attempt nothing will stop a smarter person from actually pulling it of next time around. Make no mistake about it: there is someone far cleverer than Trump eyeing his chances. 

Duck Nation.png

Not....no...

spacer.png

Nikki Haley has come out saying, "Give Trump a break." Before Paul Ryan left DC, he was like, "Give him a break. He's new at this." It was said that up to 130,000 lives may have been saved if not for Trump's lies and incompetence. I recall that Obama was attacked by Republicans over his handling of Ebola. Two Americans died. Just sayin'.........

Trump sends a message to Senate Republicans ahead of his trial

Screw with me and I'll screw with you. One would think that threatening members of the senate would be dishonorable if not impeachable.But for the trump party anything goes.

"The message from Brian Jack, Trump’s former political director at the White House, is the latest sign that Republicans considering an impeachment conviction will do so knowing that Trump may come after them in upcoming primaries if they vote to convict him for “incitement of insurrection.”

I don't think Trump should have been impeached a second time and not because he doesn't deserve it.

He is now out of office so the reason to impeach him in that regard is moot.

There is a chance that there will not be enough votes in the Senate to convict him.

Trump loves attention and the impeachment will help keep him in the news.

He still has a lot of supporters that may not react well.

If he is not convicted, it is just like him to take advantage of that and boast " they impeached me twice and couldn't convict me so I did nothing wrong.

If they take the steps to prevent him from running for president again, that looks to me that they are afraid he may run and possibly get elected.

Just let him play golf in Florida, eat his big Mac's, keep him out of the news and keep your fingers crossed that he fades away.

1 hour ago, johnhking1 said:

I don't think Trump should have been impeached a second time and not because he doesn't deserve it.

He is now out of office so the reason to impeach him in that regard is moot.

There is a chance that there will not be enough votes in the Senate to convict him.

Trump loves attention and the impeachment will help keep him in the news.

He still has a lot of supporters that may not react well.

If he is not convicted, it is just like him to take advantage of that and boast " they impeached me twice and couldn't convict me so I did nothing wrong.

If they take the steps to prevent him from running for president again, that looks to me that they are afraid he may run and possibly get elected.

Just let him play golf in Florida, eat his big Mac's, keep him out of the news and keep your fingers crossed that he fades away.

Puhhleeezzze. Benghazi, Emails, Hillary Clinton, all gets brought up constantly.

President encourages sedition, there should be a trial. Let the GOP show they do not care about this and feel people should not be punished. Let the party of Law & Order take that stance. Force them to air their opinion. 

• Like 1