1 1
Phil1111

The Second Impeachment of trump

Mitch McConnell said trumps actions impeachable.

Katko becomes first Republican to say he'll vote to impeach Trump

trump's Teflon shield is starting to tear.

It seems as though once corporate donors announced a suspension of political donations the Teflon of trumps shield began to weaken.

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
6 minutes ago, billeisele said:

So much for the, "let's come together" language. Slash and burn will only make a bad situation worse. The guy is gone in 8 days.

That was before the head of the executive branch of government tried to set a mob on the legislative branch (and his vice president) because they wouldn't do his bidding.

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 1

Currently the vote for impeachment in the senate is only six votes short.

And if the House impeaches Trump, are there 66 senators (including 18 Republicans) who would vote to remove him from office this time around?

As many as 12 GOP votes to impeach

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

That was before the head of the executive branch of government tried to set a mob on the legislative branch (and his vice president) because they wouldn't do his bidding.

Its been a long six days, perhaps that little fact has slipped his mind?

9 minutes ago, billeisele said:

So much for the, "let's come together" language. Slash and burn will only make a bad situation worse. The guy is gone in 8 days.

Keeping him gone is worth it.

If you were a senator, and you had to decide whether to impeach this guy, walking past the bulletholes meant for you that were fired by his mob might affect your thinking a bit.

34 minutes ago, billeisele said:

YOU have supported the most divisive president in generations for the past four years.  You have no moral authority left.

• Like 1

(edited)
37 minutes ago, billeisele said:

I just pushed my grandmother down the basement stairs.

My parents want to call the police, but I don't think the family could come together if they do that.

Edited by ryoder
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

Hi Bill,

Actually, it seems as though the R's might just be coming together:  'the top two congressional Republicans — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy — have privately signaled they too are furious and open to punishing Trump in some way for his role inciting the violence that led to five deaths, including one police officer.'

Republicans begin turning on Trump - POLITICO

If Mitch McConnell begins any backdoor strong-arming to convict Trump, it will happen.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
3 hours ago, billeisele said:

If you storm the fucking Capitol there have to be consequences. If you support that action or incite it, there HAVE to be consequences.

You don't get to try and overthrow democracy  and just go 'Why won't you be friends?? I just want to move on together! You're so MEAN! waaaahhhhhhh'. Jesus. I've never seen such a bunch of whiners. And they call those on the left 'snowflakes'.... I thought the Republican party was all for personal responsibility?

Letting it go is what will make a bad situation worse. There's a reason the policy of every major government and police force is not to negotiate with terrorists or blackmailers - they think they can get away with it and so they do it again and step it up the next time.

So yes. Find those guilty. Make an example of them within the law, no matter how high or low they are in the political structure. Slap them all down as hard and fast as fucking possible.

This is what the American Government does with insurrectionists, is going to be the message. 

We'd better make sure it's a good one.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

If Mitch McConnell begins any backdoor strong-arming to convict Trump, it will happen.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard it reported this evening that when Mitch was trying desperately to get more forces during the invasion and he ran into nothing but refusals and roadblocks from Trump he swore to those in the room that he would never speak to him again. Trump is going to be impeached and convicted if McConnell can possibly come up with enough Senate votes.

8 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Mitch will not stick his turtle neck out and vote for impeachment. He wants it at no risk to himself.

That's called Section 3 of the 14th Amendment

Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Source: US Constitution

8 hours ago, kallend said:

YOU have supported the most divisive president in generations for the past four years.  You have no moral authority left.

And your opinion on the months of rioting where many citizens and police officers were killed, businesses looted and burned? You can't decide that one illegal action is punishable while the other is OK. The party of hypocrisy.
YOU are the problem and having you pontificate about moral authority is an absolute joke. 

image.png

9 hours ago, billeisele said:

After being told to stop several times an asshole organizes a low pull contest at the DZ. He actually convinces a bunch of newbies that it's the right thing to do and he'll be right there low pulling, too. But he doesn't and a couple of kids go in. For the sake of the community and serenity at the DZ we just forget the whole thing because he won't be jumping at our DZ anymore? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

After being told to stop several times an asshole organizes a low pull contest at the DZ. He actually convinces a bunch of newbies that it's the right thing to do and he'll be right there low pulling, too. But he doesn't and a couple of kids go in. For the sake of the community and serenity at the DZ we just forget the whole thing because he won't be jumping at our DZ anymore? 

Joe - good morning. I hear you. This situation is much more complicated than some low-pull fool.

No doubt that what occurred is bad. My point is that there has been plenty of illegal activity spurred on by politicians on both sides. One side can't simply decide that all of a sudden "this can't stand, it must be punished", without taking equal responsibility for the other things that have happened.

I'm middle of the road on politics. No question Trump has caused problems. Nancy, Chuck, Maxine and others have done bad things and made equally inflammatory statements. If folks want to whine about Trump they need to look at all sides and have equal disdain. During the riots of the previous months there were many deaths, burning, looting, property destruction and not a peep from the left. Anyone that wasn't outraged about that has no credibility now.

Bottom line is the country is in turmoil. It's divided almost in half. There is no way "peace" can be made if Nancy keeps pushing her slash, burn and destroy campaign. The 45+/-% that feel cheated will become more outraged and the divide just worsens. I'm ready to move on but the political posturing needs to stop.

24 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Joe - good morning. I hear you. This situation is much more complicated than some low-pull fool.

No doubt that what occurred is bad. My point is that there has been plenty of illegal activity spurred on by politicians on both sides. One side can't simply decide that all of a sudden "this can't stand, it must be punished", without taking equal responsibility for the other things that have happened.

I'm middle of the road on politics. No question Trump has caused problems. Nancy, Chuck, Maxine and others have done bad things and made equally inflammatory statements. If folks want to whine about Trump they need to look at all sides and have equal disdain. During the riots of the previous months there were many deaths, burning, looting, property destruction and not a peep from the left. Anyone that wasn't outraged about that has no credibility now.

Bottom line is the country is in turmoil. It's divided almost in half. There is no way "peace" can be made if Nancy keeps pushing her slash, burn and destroy campaign. The 45+/-% that feel cheated will become more outraged and the divide just worsens. I'm ready to move on but the political posturing needs to stop.

That's some Grade-A primo bullshit right there.

It's a helluva leap to compare the BLM protests over the summer to what happened at the Capital last week. Even after you make that stretch, to say that there was 'not a peep from the left' with respect to the vast minority of people who used those protests as an excuse to loot and vandalize is just a straight-up fucking lie. Every single major figure in the Democratic Party went out of their way to condemn the violence and looting.  

You say you're middle of the road, I guess you're talking about the road from Fox to OANN?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

The right did have harsh words for BLM protests, including yourself. Where did those harsh tones go now? You are now asking for unity. Is that part of the "equal responsibility"?