1 1
piisfish

Best memes about the Capitol invasion

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Maybe he sneaked into Mar-a-Lago and retrieved his balls when Trump wasn't looking.

He'd hang them back up on the trophy wall in half a nano second if it looked like Trump would do well again and he could be vice.

22 hours ago, rcdrury said:

All of this ranges from overblown hype to outright lies. There was no "invasion." Multiple recent videos clearly reveal that the "insurrectionists" were literally ushered into the capitol by security personnel.

So why did they have the gallows outside?

There's a not very nice part of me that wishes those "tourists" had managed to get their hands on Pence. 

And it sure is funny how many "Back The Blue" Trumpettes don't seem to care about the attacks on the cops.

OTOH, the FBI & Justice Department sure do care.
Lots and lots of those 'tourists' are going to do time. Some are going to do a long time. There's no parole or 'good behavior' time in the Federal system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Lots and lots of those 'tourists' are going to do time. Some are going to do a long time. There's no parole or 'good behavior' time in the Federal system.

Yep.  At last count there were ~450 people indicted - and more are being added all the time.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  At last count there were ~450 people indicted - and more are being added all the time.

I have a feeling that those people have no idea how much their lives are going to change, and not for the better.

Someone (Ryoder?) posted somewhere (not sure where) that there has been a plea deal for one of the insurrectionists. One who simply entered the capitol. And while facing significant time, he only got a 'couple years'.

Some may think that's just a 'slap on the wrist', but the utter destruction of one's life by 'going away' for even a year is incredible (and not widely understood).

Have a house? Who's going to make the mortgage payment? Any of your stuff still in it when the bank takes it gets tossed.
Not a house but an apartment? Who's going to pay the rent? Again, any stuff gets tossed. 
How about a storage unit? Same thing.

Have a car? Who's going to make the payment? 
Paid off? Where are you going to park it for a year or two? What kind of shape will it be in if it doesn't move in that time?

Lots of people have a spouse, but can the spouse survive financially alone? 
Will the spouse even hang around? 

Got a job? You won't. And for a 'recently released convicted felon' finding a new job can be...
Challenging. 

I know people who have done a 'few years'. 
They come out of prison with what they come out with. The clothes on their back, and a box of stuff. That's about it. 

I know that this isn't true for everyone. 
But the level of planning and thinking that went into this insurrection attempt give me reason to think that these guys aren't into long-term contingency plans. 
They may be 'preppers' but I doubt they're 'prepared' to go to prison.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Got a job? You won't. And for a 'recently released convicted felon' finding a new job can be...
Challenging. 

Plus it is pretty difficult for felons to legally own firearms... Only good guys with guns.. And law abiding citizens

Hi folks,

Frontline is doing a program on the far-right in Germany tonite:

Frontline

KOPB-DT - 10.1 Tue, 6/29, 10:00 PM 1 hr

"Germany's Neo-Nazis & the Far Right"

New, 6/29/2021, Investigative, Documentary, Politics, Public Affairs, Social Topic

An investigation sheds light on the rise of far-right extremism in Germany, tracing how extremists have carried out terror plots on Jews and migrants and infiltrated security services, as well as how authorities are dealing with the growing problem.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Another rat has left the ship:  New Jersey woman on Monday became the first person associated with the "Three Percenters" militia to agree to plead guilty to a charge related to the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol

First person linked to 'Three Percenters' to plead guilty in U.S. Capitol riot (msn.com)

Jerry Baumchen

On 8/13/2021 at 5:16 PM, ryoder said:

tattoo.jpeg

Hi Robert,

The next line should read:  It's been pushed back to the 32nd of Neverbember.

Additionally:  In an Economist/YouGov poll released Thursday, 23 percent of Republicans said it's likely that Trump will be reinstated as president before the end of 2021, and 72 percent of Republicans said they don't believe President Joe Biden was legitimately elected.

Dan Rather and His Twitter Followers Mock Trump 'Reinstatement Day' Theory: Lindell Is 'New VP' (msn.com)

As dumb as a pile of rocks.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

One of the more amazing things in the story you linked is this quote from Greene:

The reinstatement theory has been debunked by a series of fact checkers and even Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, one of Trump's most loyal supporters who previously indicated support for elements of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

"I would hate for anyone to get their hopes up thinking that President Trump is going to be back in the White House in August because that's not true, and I'm telling you that as a member of Congress, that's a very difficult thing to do," Greene said, urging supporters to be "careful in what they believe."

Ya know? 
When Greene herself says something outrageous and impossible isn't true...

Your story mentions that the "My Pillow" idiot is the new VP.
I've been wondering about that a bit.
"Trump 2024" flags, signs, hats ect have started to appear.

But it's ONLY Trump.  No mention of anyone else. Certainly not Pence.

Also have to love Sidney Powell. Back around Memorial Day, she said Trump could just tell Biden to "move out of the White House."
And that Trump would move back in and be reinstated.

Apparently, there's a little known "whiney little loser" clause in the Constitution.
https://www.newsweek.com/sidney-powell-claims-trump-can-simply-reinstated-biden-told-leave-white-house-1596207

H folks,

Looks like a book I will want to read:  Milley believed the president suffered a mental decline after the election . . .  a view he relayed in a Jan. 8 phone call with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Worried a ‘rogue’ Trump would launch a nuclear attack after Jan. 6, one top general made a secret plan - oregonlive.com

Fortunately, sounder minds prevailed & took action.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

H folks,

Looks like a book I will want to read:  Milley believed the president suffered a mental decline after the election . . .  a view he relayed in a Jan. 8 phone call with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Worried a ‘rogue’ Trump would launch a nuclear attack after Jan. 6, one top general made a secret plan - oregonlive.com

Fortunately, sounder minds prevailed & took action.

Jerry Baumchen

Now there is a name I haven't heard mentioned in Washington DC news in a few decades:

Pence, the book writes, called Dan Quayle, a former vice president and fellow Indiana Republican, to see if there was any way he could acquiesce to Trump’s request. Quayle said absolutely not.

“Mike, you have no flexibility on this. None. Zero. Forget it. Put it away,” Quayle said, according to the book.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Now there is a name I haven't heard mentioned in Washington DC news in a few decades:

Pence, the book writes, called Dan Quayle, a former vice president and fellow Indiana Republican, to see if there was any way he could acquiesce to Trump’s request. Quayle said absolutely not.

“Mike, you have no flexibility on this. None. Zero. Forget it. Put it away,” Quayle said, according to the book.

Hi Robert,

Just another case of a drowning person grabbing at straws.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Just another case of a drowning person grabbing at straws.

Jerry Baumchen

Funny thing was, being from Indiana myself, Quayle had a good reputation there. But it seemed like he was out of his depth when he arrived in Washington DC.