2 2
Phil1111

Qanon Follower Identified as Woman Killed on Capital Hill

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Let’s conduct a little thought experiment.  Change the federal building from one in DC to..... say....one in Portland Oregon.  Change the color of the unarmed victim from white to black and change the color of the cop from black to white......now replay the scenario.  

If the roles had been reversed then the rioters wouldn't have got anywhere near the building and we'd be watching them picking up bodies from the Capitol steps for days.

(edited)
14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Typical left wing cancel culture in full display.  If you can’t coherently counter the message, silence the messenger.  
(I’m pretty sure that I was called a racist asshole and/or a troll.  That is OK I am wearing my big boy panties and don’t need to have my delicate sensibilities protected by the moderators)

it's not called cancel culture, that is nothing more than another dog whistle.  thanx for using it, now i know what you really are and it is not a troll for sure.  i found out how racist i was about 15 or 20 years ago when it was pointed out to me in an embarrassing way.  i had a couple of years of introspection and figured out ways to change.  i can no longer be silent when racists spew hate, or when they interject snide comments, or use dog whistles.  staying silent is tacit approval, and that leads to a new societal norm.  we are still trying to get over all of the covert racism which was inserted into the great compromise, aka the constitution, which so many of you worship. 

it took me over two years to accept that my dad, whom i admired greatly and died when i was 17, was one of these passive racists.  that hurts, more so since i can't just ask him how a man as smart as he was was fooled, or was he really a racist.  i'm not gonna bother to ask you, but i will be damned if i sit here silently and not call you out on your racist view, words, and tactics.  if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...i wrote an opinion piece that i plan on submitting to an online magazine to see if they like it and it explains all of this more thoroughly than this and am attaching it to this post for anyone who wants to read it.  just fyi brent, i think, no evidence other than what you provided, that you are passive according to the article.  you should give it a look. 

i have seen another comment above saying that staying silent is what got us into this mess, and that is correct.  1st amendment does not apply to private life, just government.  passive racists need to be called out loudly every time they show themselves.  no excuse for tolerating hate speech, hate thoughts, or active or passive racism.  ever.

if this qualifies as a personal attack, ban me for as long as is needed, weather is decent this weekend anyway, hope i can catch a half a plane ride in a stearman.  just don't make it permanent please, i like this website and will have another article to send in when i can gather my thoughts properly.

7 January.pdf

Edited by sfzombie13
forgot the oxford comma, changed word doc to pdf because - duh.
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I don't feel sorry AT ALL for a woman who served in the Air Force for more than ten years, and then suddenly decided to turn her back on democracy and the Constitution...which by the way she swore an oath to defend.

US Army vet here, 1975-79, and in no way do I support creating trouble without evidence, ('the election was faked!') or supporting insurrection against this fine country, a country that many people before this lady died defending. 

No way. No how, as the Cowardly Lion once said. This woman forgot her oath, and it cost her life. Her fault, her decision. 

I have absolutely no sympathy for her. When she was shot in the neck, witnesses said she fell to the floor and got a look of surprise as her eyes went wide. Just before she bled out and died. Maybe at the last moment she realized her foolishness. 

Brother, I will stand up for the good old USA anytime you wish. Even all these years later since I served. But I won't do it by spreading lies or trying to trash our most sacred institutions. The ones people have died for to make happen, and to defend.

Not a chance in hell. 

great words.  people forget the context when they use the phase, "my oath does not expire".  i used to also think that meant to take up arms to defend the country in case of an attack, and it did, years ago.  now, i took an oath, and it has not expired.  it has changed, though.  now, it has more to do with what i am doing now, calling out racists, writing articles, peacefully protesting.  it has nothing to do with shooting anyone, unless violence comes to me first.  that is the part these wanna-bes and so-called "patriots" forget.  they found out on the 6th.  bunch of cowards anyway.

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Typical left wing cancel culture in full display.  If you can’t coherently counter the message, silence the messenger.  
(I’m pretty sure that I was called a racist asshole and/or a troll.  That is OK I am wearing my big boy panties and don’t need to have my delicate sensibilities protected by the moderators)

Bullshit. You have no coherent message, it's only "whatever he's for, I'll find some little piece of headline that seems to refute it." You rarely consider the context of what you post, otherwise there would be some other overarching theme other than "you suck, I rule."

Wendy P. (I wish I could turn the green off for this post)

• Like 3

(edited)

I agree with Gowlerk. (Never thought I would say that). The temperature here is way to high.  I have never seen this much hatred, venom and bloodlust.  I thought the Left was companionate and caring obviously I was mistaken.  Have fun with your “hate orgy” I’m out.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I agree with Gowlerk. (Never thought I would say that). The temperature here is way to high.  I have never seen this much hatred, venom and bloodlust.  I thought the Left was companionate and caring obviously I was mistaken.  Have fun with your “hate orgy” I’m out.

it's not about hate, and it's sad that is what you take from this.  it is about REAL patriots being sickened seeing an active insurrection attempt play out on tv with the sitting president egging it on.  the fact that you are not sickened by it and seem to be trying to find an excuse for it speaks volumes.  enjoy the weekend.  i don't hate you, more like pity right now.  i'd still jump with you and drink a beer afterwards.  just don't mention politics; it sucks balls living in wv and keeping my mouth shut (most of the time) to avoid losing friends.

• Like 2

(edited)

After normiss calls out brent for being a waste of time, and say's he's out of the discussion:

On 4/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, brenthutch said:

If you can't hang with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Sweet dreams, snowflake.

and now:

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I thought the Left was companionate and caring obviously I was mistaken.  Have fun with your “hate orgy” I’m out.

Irony score through the roof.

And absolutely typical of bullies of any stripe. Perfectly happy to dish it out but run away when the same tactics are used on them.

This is one reason I want to see all these right wing assholes that have talked a big, tough game the last 4 years chased back into the darkest corners of the internet. To show that the 'libtards' aren't afraid of them, and that without Trump being in power there's no-one to enable their unacceptable bullshit any more.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, yoink said:

To show that the 'libtards' aren't afraid of them, and that without Trump being in power there's no-one to enable their unacceptable bullshit any more.

Nothing from Ron for a few days. Sunday morning is a normal time for him to offer up his excuses for the bad behavior of his ilk. I wonder what he will come up with tomorrow? He must be pretty disappointed that the putsch went nowhere.

19 minutes ago, yoink said:

After normiss calls out brent for being a waste of time, and say's he's out of the discussion:

and now:

Irony score through the roof.

And absolutely typical of bullies of any stripe. Perfectly happy to dish it out but run away when the same tactics are used on them.

This is one reason I want to see all these right wing assholes that have talked a big, tough game the last 4 years chased back into the darkest corners of the internet. To show that the 'libtards' aren't afraid of them, and that without Trump being in power there's no-one to enable their unacceptable bullshit any more.

Where is normiss? Anyway Brent is just wrong, plane wrong(pun). Hate has nothing to do with the equation and IMO bullying doesn't either. I personally didn't mind turtle's trumptrolling. There are 75 million like them plus the ones that didn't vote.

Bs may be a part of it. But more important is the inability to see through the fog of misinformation, the cloud of lies. In order to get a handle and end trumpism the rabbit holes need to be filled in. Civil discourse the only way to do that.

Locking trump up certainly won't do that and neither would impeachment. because there will be a Ted Cruz-trump pretender in the wings. Or someone like him to pick up the flag.

3 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

it's not about hate, and it's sad that is what you take from this.  it is about REAL patriots being sickened seeing an active insurrection attempt play out on tv with the sitting president egging it on.  the fact that you are not sickened by it and seem to be trying to find an excuse for it speaks volumes.  enjoy the weekend.  i don't hate you, more like pity right now.  i'd still jump with you and drink a beer afterwards.  just don't mention politics; it sucks balls living in wv and keeping my mouth shut (most of the time) to avoid losing friends.

Not about "REAL Patriots" IMO. More about ordinary Americans fulfilling their civic duties by voting, taking an interest in government and governance. To create a country a civic society in which everyone is respected and enjoys a common freedom. Freedom to pursue equal opportunities while protecting the weak, the environment and the country.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Hi Brent,

Re:  'I have never seen this much hatred, venom and bloodlust.'

It is simply because you have earned it.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I agree with Gowlerk. (Never thought I would say that).

The quote of course is from brenthutch and not Jerry. And it shows once again his ability to pick up a small part of the message and completely ignore the real meaning. 

20 hours ago, kallend said:

Just an innocent minding her own business in her own home (which happens to be some 3,000 miles away):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

She was in the front rank of a violent mob that was committing "break and enter" and she was the first protestor through the broken window.

No sympathy for her.

Back in "the good old days" Landsknechts and Swiss Pikemen were paid double for fighting in the front ranks, because they suffered the highest casualties.

No sympathy for anyone who was in the front ranks of that riot.

It is sad how Trump used her as cannon-fodder while he hid.

Master Corporal (retired) Rob Warner, 13 years service in Canadian Armed Forces.

25 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

She was in the front rank of a violent mob that was committing "break and enter" and she was the first protestor through the broken window.

No sympathy for her.

Back in "the good old days" Landsknechts and Swiss Pikemen were paid double for fighting in the front ranks, because they suffered the highest casualties.

Master Corporal (retired) Rob Warner, 13 years service in Canadian Armed Forces.

Hi Rob,

Re:  'It is sad how Trump used her as cannon-fodder while he hid.'

After he said something about, 'Let's go down there and . . . '

Notice that he never went anywhere.  Typical gutless Trump.

Jerry Baumchen

45 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

No sympathy for her.

100%

They forcibly entered one of the most sensitive areas of our National government. They could have been armed, some were, they could have had explosives, I believe some were also discovered in the area.

This was an attack on the seat of our government, it should have been responded to no differently that if it was a group of jihadists, or foreign combatants. 

They should have been met with automatic weapons fire, and the firing should have continued until there ceased to be a threat, either because they were all on the ground or because they retreated from the building.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I see you are having trouble with the concept of free speech.

Let's see if you understand this example.  Consider Twitter to be a good upstanding Christian bakery and Trump's tweets to be a gay wedding cake.

Does that make more sense to you?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DougH said:

100%

They forcibly entered one of the most sensitive areas of our National government. They could have been armed, some were, they could have had explosives, I believe some were also discovered in the area.

This was an attack on the seat of our government, it should have been responded to no differently that if it was a group of jihadists, or foreign combatants. 

They should have been met with automatic weapons fire, and the firing should have continued until there ceased to be a threat, either because they were all on the ground or because they retreated from the building.

Agreed.

And one of the perps was carrying a big handful of the type of zip ties used as handcuffs, indicating an intention to take hostages.

There is a video of the crowd chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" 

And there was this:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/noose-hung-outside-capitol/

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Agreed.

And one of the perps was carrying a big handful of the type of zip ties used as handcuffs, indicating an intention to take hostages.

There is a video of the crowd chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" 

And there was this:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/noose-hung-outside-capitol/

There was one Congressional guest on CNN who clarified that he saw people raiding the Capitol Police’s storage, including grabbing the flex cuffs. It doesn’t mean no one brought their own, and the “reappropriating” of what was already on the premises still equates to probable intent. But it’s important to include facts when we have them. 

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi lippy,

Yea, I guess I should have realized that he is a cripple.

As a partial cripple *, I take offense to that comparison ;)

* I limp now as a consequence of being young, dumb and having a fast canopy that I flew with more balls than brains

Hi folks,

This is what happens when you take a toy away from a 5-yr old: 

'Trump went 'ballistic' after being tossed off Twitter'

'President Donald Trump has many prized possessions. But few seemed to inspire as much personal joy as his Twitter feed.'

Trump went 'ballistic' after being tossed off Twitter - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen