2 2
Phil1111

Qanon Follower Identified as Woman Killed on Capital Hill

Guys, no matter the provocation, personal attacks are not allowed. And people trolling for angry reaction: just don't. Remember that a gadfly does no one any good. Critics might, but gadflies just buzz around, stinging, irritating, and contributing nothing of value.

Wendy P.

15 minutes ago, lummy said:

wow...... she's part of a mob who just broke down a door and she is personally trying to gain entry into a secured area, but she's not culpable for her actions

Again no justification for deadly force, had she breached the door that would have been a different story.

Can’t we all just agree that a needless death is a tragedy?  The blood lust from the left is disturbing.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Again no justification for deadly force, had she breached the door that would have been a different story.

Can’t we all just agree that a needless death is a tragedy?  The blood lust from the left is disturbing.

Its not if you see a threat, it is the cop perceived a threat, DUH!

And no we can't, I celebrate the death of traitors as all patriots should!

The sudden pussy-ish behavior from the right is hilarious although I'd be distraught too if I was that much of a loser

Edited by Dr.SkyFall

Just now, Dr.SkyFall said:

Its not if you see a threat, it is the cop perceived a threat, DUH!

And no we can't, I celebrate the death of traitors as all patriots should!

And just who is the arbiter discerning  who are the traitors and who are the patriots?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

And just who is the arbiter discerning  who are the traitors and who are the patriots?

It's funny you are only asking those questions now, why now but not earlier?

I'd say those storming the US Capitol to disrupt an act of government would be the traitors.....obviously

Edited by Dr.SkyFall

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

she lifted herself up and was going through the broken window of the door. Are you arguing  that  the officer had to wait another second for her to be completely through the door before deadly force is allowed?
  Was it needless? Of course, it was.  She put herself in that position by her actions by storming the Capitol

9 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I'm getting mixed messages here; Personal Attacks are recommended? LOL!

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 13.42.14.png

;)

I'm still learning the ropes, and I can't figure out how to un-recommend. That said, maybe a good example of a personal attack should be posted every now and then.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

;)

I'm still learning the ropes, and I can't figure out how to un-recommend. That said, maybe a good example of a personal attack should be posted every now and then.

Wendy P.

I had never seen a recommendation before, but if that's what it takes to get my posts recommended, sure I'll join in. Now who should I attack first...hmmm...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I had never seen a recommendation before, but if that's what it takes to get my posts recommended, sure I'll join in. Now who should I attack first...hmmm...

You know, Meso can probably arrange to remove all those "like points." Just sayin'...

Wendy P.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, lummy said:

she lifted herself up and was going through the broken window of the door. Are you arguing  that  the officer had to wait another second for her to be completely through the door before deadly force is allowed?
  Was it needless? Of course, it was.  She put herself in that position by her actions by storming the Capitol

Let’s conduct a little thought experiment.  Change the federal building from one in DC to..... say....one in Portland Oregon.  Change the color of the unarmed victim from white to black and change the color of the cop from black to white......now replay the scenario.  

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Does anyone here doubt for a second that if the rioters had been black that there would now be dozens dead, and that Trump supporters would be saying "Good!  Criminals were shot and killed during the commission of a crime.  Guns rule!"

Black people know better than to act like the people in the video of white woman shot to death. 

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Let’s conduct a little thought experiment.  Change the federal building from one in DC to..... say....one in Portland Oregon.  Change the color of the unarmed victim from white to black and change the color of the cop from black to white......now replay the scenario.  

The scenario still includes LEO tasked with protecting high value targets protecting the last barrier between a mob and their protectees. Don't see it playing out any different if the person was black, other than I am relatively sure many more people would have already been shot before it even getting to this part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The person who has posted the objectionable troll has succeeded in goading some of us into a reaction that has forced a Mod into taking an action. Why did you let him succeed? There is a cure for this.

Ignoring it is one cure.

But ignoring stuff and letting it slide is part of why we’re so fucked right now.

If someone is being a racist asshole then maybe they should be called one. Maybe it’s time for people to make it known it’s not OK.

Brent is either trolling or a racist. Both of those things would require mod action in my book.

3 minutes ago, yoink said:

Ignoring it is one cure.

But ignoring stuff and letting it slide is part of why we’re so fucked right now.

If someone is being a racist asshole then maybe they should be called one. Maybe it’s time for people to make it known it’s not OK.

Brent is either trolling or a racist. Both of those things would require mod action in my book.

Racist is as racist does. Not as it says. I don't think I have ever seen the temperature in this room quite as high as it is now. It is a time for cool heads and careful reflection before posting. Just because the side that is losing gets all frustrated and says things that are ridiculous is no reason to honour their foolishness with an angry reply. If something ridiculous is said, the appropriate response is ridicule. Not anger. It is not that hard to make an idiot appear idiotic. You don't have to call him names, you just have to hold up a mirror to his face. Let billvon be your inspiration. He generally manages to make fools look like fools without ever using the word fool. 

• Like 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, yoink said:

Typical left wing cancel culture in full display.  If you can’t coherently counter the message, silence the messenger.  
(I’m pretty sure that I was called a racist asshole and/or a troll.  That is OK I am wearing my big boy panties and don’t need to have my delicate sensibilities protected by the moderators)

Edited by brenthutch