2 2
Phil1111

Qanon Follower Identified as Woman Killed on Capital Hill

spacer.png

Ashli E. Babbitt, an Air Force veteran from the San Diego area.

"she was also a veteran of the United States Air Force, where she most recently achieved the rank of senior airman. Babbitt entered active duty with the military in 2004, serving until 2008. After that, she served with the Air Force reserve from 2008 to 2010, and the Air National Guard from 2010 to 2016. Babbitt was a libertarian and supporter of President Trump, according to her social media posts, as well as a follower of the far-right conspiracy theory known as QAnon. "

Just too bad she went down the trump.Qanon rabbit hole.

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

Ashli E. Babbitt, an Air Force veteran from the San Diego area.

"she was also a veteran of the United States Air Force, where she most recently achieved the rank of senior airman. Babbitt entered active duty with the military in 2004, serving until 2008. After that, she served with the Air Force reserve from 2008 to 2010, and the Air National Guard from 2010 to 2016. Babbitt was a libertarian and supporter of President Trump, according to her social media posts, as well as a follower of the far-right conspiracy theory known as QAnon. "

Just too bad she went down the trump.Qanon rabbit hole.

Hi Phil,

Looks like Oregon does not want to get left out:  'Young Republicans of Oregon leader arrested during US Capitol insurrection'

Young Republicans of Oregon leader arrested during US Capitol insurrection - oregonlive.com

Wanting to be a part of the other 49 states, we have our crazies also.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

(edited)

To bad they all didn't get to meet Reagan. I don't understand how they weren't fired on. Once they breached the building they should have been considered dangerous enemy combatants and they should have been given the room temperature challenge.

Edited by DougH
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DougH said:

To bad they all didn't get to meet Reagan. I don't understand how they weren't fired on. Once they breached the building they should have been considered dangerous enemy combatants and they should have been given the room temperature challenge.

One martyr, they got off REAL EASY... Did you see the video? The LEO with his firearm CLEARLY pointed right at them... 

• Like 1

(Sorry, I'm not good at finding and linking stuff, but...)

In that cell phone video from when she got shot, at the beginning there is a guy on the left who has a backpack on that looks like it might have been made from an old rig. Anyone else see that?

37 minutes ago, yoink said:

Four dead was the last I heard.

And since this was the same number killed in Benghazi, we can expect for the GOP to demand it be investigated over, and over, and over again for the next 10 years, right?

12 minutes ago, ryoder said:

And since this was the same number killed in Benghazi, we can expect for the GOP to demand it be investigated over, and over, and over again for the next 10 years, right?

Capitol got about as much backup as Benghazi did too. Last I looked on a map, Capitol is logistically a little easier to get to than Benghazi for US forces....

1 hour ago, yoink said:

Four dead was the last I heard.

1 hour ago, timski said:

Haven't heard any details on the other three... 

Reports I heard earlier implied that they were health issues. Nothing specific, but some of those "Meal Team Six" ding-dongs are (were) probably solid heart attack candidates.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Reports I heard earlier implied that they were health issues. Nothing specific, but some of those "Meal Team Six" ding-dongs are (were) probably solid heart attack candidates.

That was my thought. I did wonder about the odds of 3 people in a maskless gathering of that size dying of Covid but that's more likely something they get to look forward to in the next few weeks to take their minds off hiding from the authorities.

(edited)
1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I heard another report on the radio that one of the dead tased himself.

Not sure how he died from it, but I know the idea of 'non-lethal' is not entirely accurate.
It can (and has) caused heart attacks.

"Tased" is often used to refer to a handheld cattle prod type device, rather than anything made by Taser.

They went from saying "non-lethal" to "less lethal" ~15 years ago, after getting sued.

Edited by headoverheels

5 hours ago, timski said:

This one, a 55 year old man, was from Alabama.  His family said “Kevin had a history of high blood pressure, and in the midst of the excitement, suffered a heart attack”   

In recent weeks, Greeson posted dozens of times on the social media site Parler, which has gained popularity with conservatives in particular since it launched in 2018.

He expressed strong opinions on Parler, such as calling for violence in the street in support of President Donald Trump, hailing the Proud Boys alt-right group and discussing his personal cache of guns and ammunition.

Kevin Greeson Parler posts

This composite image shows four different messages Kevin Greeson posted on his profile on the social media site Parler in recent weeks.

Greeson last posted on his personal Twitter account on July 28. He cited a claim from Trump on July 28, that “Hydroxychloroquine” is a cure for COVID-19, and then followed up with a proclamation of support for Trump’s 2020 campaign, and that “Twitter sucks!”

Another post of his from Parler:

Kevin Greeson

Kevin Greeson posted this picture of himself holding guns on Parler with the caption "I wish these motherf***ers would come to my hood!" in November.

5 hours ago, timski said:

This article has info on all three, as well as the wounded police officer (previously erroneously reported dead, but live at least at the time of this article)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/benjamin-philips-kevin-greeson-rosanne-boyland-were-the-three-others-who-died-during-the-capitol-riot

Stroke, heart attack, and unknown/not told.  I've seen speculation, supposedly from police, that the 34 year old woman was crushed -- didn't say how (crowd?).  She has a significant criminal record.

51 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 22.20.26.png

So there were a total of ten investigations into the Benghazi attack, which was an attack by foreign militants that the US (purportedly) did not respond fast enough to.

Therefore we are going to need at least twelve investigations into this, which was an attack that killed five (including a cop) and was instigated by Trump supporters at the urging of Trump, Trump's lawyer and Trump's family.

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Mowed down Breonna Taylor style.  Her white privilege card obviously expired.

Well, except for the part about Breonna Taylor being in her own bed, in her own apartment, and not storming the Capitol. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1