1 1
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO (Reprise)

13 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Twitter bans Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell in QAnon account purge

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-bans-michael-flynn-sidney-powell-qanon-account-purge-n1253550?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

"Lock...him...out! Lock...him...out! Lock...him...out!"

A new standard of integrity. Corporations have more social responsibility than the government.

48 minutes ago, Westerly said:

What I am getting at is stupidity is the driving factor in much of what we are seeing here. Between resistance against mask wearing, insisting that the election had widespread fraud and all the other lies that are being driven. The only reason why any of these ideas get traction is becasue people are idiots and they are gullible. If the world was nothing but intelligent people, none of those notions would even make it to the back page of a local newspaper because everyone would know they are bullshit. So maybe the real issue is not that we have someone willing to spread lies, but we have so many people willing to believe those lies?

Let’s start with teaching Government in public schools. 

I heard a former member of Congress on the “Intelligence Matters” podcast recently cite that 20% of states don’t require ANY classes on government. Only 9 states plus DC require a full academic year.  I must have attended high school in one of the latter 9 states, since my HS did require all seniors to have Govt for both semesters.

So this means we have kids in 10 states who are out in the world with no formal education on how the government functions. Students from another 31 states have no more than 1 semester. Seems pretty obvious to me how so much of the population could be so susceptible to what to many of us are blatant lies about what the VP and Congress could have done about overthrowing the election this week. Or to the lies about “massive voter fraud.” Or that the election was “stolen.” (Recall the seditious mob chanting “stop the steal!” as they paraded through the halls of the Capitol).

I would like to see SOME education requirements (and funding) come from the federal government. I’m cool with letting the states run most of it, but there has to be some set of “common good” knowledge — and resources — to produce a minimally educated (and therefore productive) society.*

*let’s all be reasonable in replies, please. Don’t presume I’m talking about brainwashing or ideological indoctrination.

7 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

I heard a former member of Congress on the “Intelligence Matters” podcast recently cite that 20% of states don’t require ANY classes on government. Only 9 states plus DC require a full academic year.  I must have attended high school in one of the latter 9 states, since my HS did require all seniors to have Govt for both semesters.

So this means we have kids in 10 states who are out in the world with no formal education on how the government functions. Students from another 31 states have no more than 1 semester. Seems pretty obvious to me how so much of the population could be so susceptible to what to many of us are blatant lies about what the VP and Congress could have done about overthrowing the election this week. Or to the lies about “massive voter fraud.” Or that the election was “stolen.” (Recall the seditious mob chanting “stop the steal!” as they paraded through the halls of the Capitol).

I would like to see SOME education requirements (and funding) come from the federal government. I’m cool with letting the states run most of it, but there has to be some set of “common good” knowledge — and resources — to produce a minimally educated (and therefore productive) society.*

*let’s all be reasonable in replies, please. Don’t presume I’m talking about brainwashing or ideological indoctrination.

What if "natural born" citizens had to pass the same citizenship test as immigrants?

• Like 2

(edited)
29 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

I'll be reasonable, best I'm able. Are you open to being kidnapped and set to running the DOE for 8 years? Obviously you'll need to be given control of our Special Forces to make sure no local school boards are off on their own page. You good?

Edited by JoeWeber

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Well trump's twitter account is gone. Permanently.:D

Took him 2 posts...

And from just the posts he made I’d say it was a bit harsh. What I’ve not seen is the replies and conversation those tweets generated.

I assume Twitter has, going from this:

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

The last paragraph is worrisome. 
As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.”

Edited by yoink

Bwahahaha!!!

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/twitter-says-it-permanently-banned-trump.html

First, the president fled to the @POTUS account where he was cut off by Twitter, mid-statement, offering complaints about “free speech” and showmanship promise of a “big announcement soon.” Then he tried the Trump campaign’s official account, where he was also caught, leading Twitter to ban that account as well. Then the Trump campaign’s digital director apparently tried to give Trump his account — and got banned, according to CNN’s Jeremy Diamond.

• Like 2

It sounds like the Senate just might be acting on the impeachment after Trump is out of office (as previously discussed here):

McConnell circulates procedures for second Senate impeachment trial of Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533461-mcconnell-circulates-procedures-for-second-senate-impeachment-trial-of-trump

(edited)
35 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Bwahahaha!!!

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/twitter-says-it-permanently-banned-trump.html

First, the president fled to the @POTUS account where he was cut off by Twitter, mid-statement, offering complaints about “free speech” and showmanship promise of a “big announcement soon.” Then he tried the Trump campaign’s official account, where he was also caught, leading Twitter to ban that account as well. Then the Trump campaign’s digital director apparently tried to give Trump his account — and got banned, according to CNN’s Jeremy Diamond.

Hi Robert,

I was just watching Washington Week and Phil Rucker is reporting that Trump is in a rage at this time.  Hmm, I wonder why.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

10 hours ago, ryoder said:

Twitter bans Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell in QAnon account purge

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-bans-michael-flynn-sidney-powell-qanon-account-purge-n1253550?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

"Lock...him...out! Lock...him...out! Lock...him...out!"

Twitter is just getting in some practice in case Section 230 becomes law.

8 hours ago, ryoder said:

Bwahahaha!!!

Bwahahaha!!!  x 3 then

8 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

I was just watching Washington Week and Phil Rucker is reporting that Trump is in a rage at this time.  Hmm, I wonder why.

Jerry Baumchen

Rage, then 80 lbs overweight, doesn't exercise,Big Mac a day, Covid and is still alive.

Clearly no god.

As an an aside to all of this. Where has the christian right been in all of this since Wednesday. Four dead and a full assault on the US capitol. From the christian evangelical right, crickets.

From Heather Cox Richardson this morning

In the Senate, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has no interest in further splitting the Republicans over another impeachment, or forcing them onto the record as either for or against it. Timing is on his side: the Senate is not in session for substantive business until January 19, so cannot act on an impeachment resolution without the approval of all senators. It can take up the resolution then, but more likely it will wait until Biden is sworn in, at which point the measure would be managed not by McConnell, but by the new House majority leader, Chuck Schumer (D-NY). A trial can indeed take place after Trump is no longer president, enabling Congress to make sure he can never again hold office.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/january-8-2021

I hadn't even thought about the fact a post-term Senate vote would be managed by Schumer, and not McConnell.

34 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Pro-Trump Lawyer Lin Wood Calls For Pence to Be Executed, Parler Removed Posts

https://www.mediaite.com/news/pro-trump-lawyer-lin-wood-calls-for-pence-to-be-executed-posts-get-removed-from-parler/

Holy shit! The Deep State must be controlling Parler!!!

Why does Parler hate the First Amendment so much?

• Like 2

Pence has not ruled out 25th Amendment, source says

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/politics/mike-pence-25th-amendment/index.html

Vice President Mike Pence has not ruled out an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment and wants to preserve the option in case President Donald Trump becomes more unstable, a source close to the vice president says.

More unstable??? Trying to overthrow the govt isn't enough???

One sunny day in late January 2021, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Trump." The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr Trump is no longer President and no longer resides here." The old man said, "Okay", and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Trump." The Marine repeated, "Sir, as I told you yesterday, Mr Trump is no longer President and no longer resides here."
The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the old man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying again, "I would like to go in and meet with President Trump."

The Marine, understandably irritated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you've been here asking to speak to Trump. I've told you each time that he's no longer the President and no longer resides here. Don't you get it?"

The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it !"
The Marine snapped to attention and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir."“

(edited)

yawn you guys are like school girls talking shit in the shower. trump isint even a thing. trump is like a penny on the sidewalk. its not even worth the effort to look down at it. he is a done deal. in a week he will be the newest member of the unemployed mass that he helped create. the bigger issue is the mismanagement of covid will go on to wreck lives well after he is gone, leaving biden with the impossible task of trying to contain something that is impossibly containable at this point.

Edited by Westerly