1 1
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO (Reprise)

6 minutes ago, Westerly said:

no one cares. trump isint even a thing anymore. he is history.

I mean, obviously it turns out that yesterday he still mattered, but now that's done he definitely doesn't matter any more and nothing bad can possibly happen because of his influence. Not again, anyway. For real this time, pinky swear.

8 minutes ago, Westerly said:

no one cares. trump isint even a thing anymore. he is history.

You said exactly the same thing about 2 days before he incited a riot to storm the US capitol.

You were wrong then and you’re wrong now.

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

As someone pointed out elsewhere:

He can't post on Twitter, Facebook, or Snapchat, but he still has the nuclear codes.

He can't use those without help though, right? I'm not too worried.

(edited)
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Westerly,

Actually, I care as I want all the perks as a former POTUS removed for Trump.

Well that wont happen so you're wasting your brain power thinking about it. How many presidents have had articles of impeachment draw against them? Like pretty much every one of them I think. It's all just a dog and pony show like it always is. The news is just looking for the next headline. He wont be impeached, Biden will take over on the 20th, he will hold a conference saying how he's being screwed over by a cheated system and America 'lost' becasue 'the system' won or whatever bullshit.

An impeachment would take too long anyway. There isint enough time left for it to happen.

The donnald is just going to go down in history as a shit leader who mismanaged the worst pandemic of the century resulting in countless loss of life. Like most rich ass holes, he will largely go without consequence and he will live out the remainder of his life with money doing whatever rich retired dudes do before eventually dying from diabetes or heart disease becasue he's fat and dosent eat healthy.

Edited by Westerly

12 minutes ago, Westerly said:

The donnald is just going to go down in history as a shit leader who mismanaged the worst pandemic of the century resulting in countless loss of life. Like most rich ass holes, he will largely go without consequence and he will live out the remainder of his life with money doing whatever rich retired dudes do before eventually dying from diabetes or heart disease becasue he's fat and dosent eat healthy.

The problem is that for the next two weeks he's still President, and after that he's still a leader that a decent number of people will follow regardless -- as they demonstrated yesterday. He laps that shit up, and they like his approval.

That's a toxic combination, and as much of it as possible needs to be neutralized, because he can keep throwing shit bombs as long as he's perceived to have power and influence. You may think it's irrelevant, but one person died from that irrelevance yesterday, and others are hopefully going to lose their freedom.

Wendy P.

7 hours ago, ryoder said:

As someone pointed out elsewhere:

He can't post on Twitter, Facebook, or Snapchat, but he still has the nuclear codes.

But unless the code is “person, woman, man, camera, TV,” are we sure he remembers what it is?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

But unless the code is “person, woman, man, camera, TV,” are we sure he remembers what it is?

That was weeks ago. No way he still remembers that.

"Cognitive test? What do you mean I took a cognitive test?"

21 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

He TOTALLY aced that test.  Right after that he took a GCS test and got a 14, which is almost the highest score you can get!

• Like 1

Impeachment needs to happen, whether it happens in the next 2 weeks or after he leaves office, in order to ensure he can never hold elected office again. While I'd worry about the next two weeks, I think impeaching him after he leaves office is actually the plan most likely to succeed.

They'll need some Republicans to go along with it in order to get to a 2/3rds majority and I think most would be skittish about the optics of removing him from power. Once he's gone I think they'll be only too happy to oblige if it means he can never run again and, given the general lack of interest in being informed, most people won't even know it happened.

7 minutes ago, base615 said:

Impeachment needs to happen, whether it happens in the next 2 weeks or after he leaves office, in order to ensure he can never hold elected office again. While I'd worry about the next two weeks, I think impeaching him after he leaves office is actually the plan most likely to succeed.

They'll need some Republicans to go along with it in order to get to a 2/3rds majority and I think most would be skittish about the optics of removing him from power. Once he's gone I think they'll be only too happy to oblige if it means he can never run again and, given the general lack of interest in being informed, most people won't even know it happened.

Impeachment is a political process to remove an official from office.

You can't impeach someone who is not currently in office.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Impeachment is a political process to remove an official from office.

You can't impeach someone who is not currently in office.

I'm afraid you're most definitely wrong on that one. It's already happened before with Ulysses S Grant's War Secretary, William Belknap.

https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/1347175275654746112?s=20

566769672_ScreenShot2021-01-08at3_43_41pm.thumb.png.55a2ab4294acd4b080e682200fdfa349.png

Edited by base615

7 minutes ago, base615 said:

I'm afraid you're most definitely wrong on that one. It's already happened before with Ulysses S Grant's War Secretary, William Belknap.

OK, this is news to me.  Although I don't see the point of trying to impeach Belknap after he had already resigned.

Sure, I will sign on to ensuring the Halfwit can't run again. Although it would be more satisfying to remove him today to stop any more damage. And it would enable Pence to beat William Henry Harrison's record for shortest term served.

• Like 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Sure, I will sign on to ensuring the Halfwit can't run again. Although it would be more satisfying to remove him today to stop any more damage. And it would enable Pence to beat William Henry Harrison's record for shortest term served.

Here's the other good thing about doing it this way. Removal from office requires a 2/3rds majority but, because disqualification is a discretional judgement, it only requires a majority vote.

https://law.justia.com/constitution/us/article-2/49-judgment-removal-and-disqualification.html

Agreed on the Harrison thing. Pence would have to live with that knowledge too whereas Harrison didn't :)

Edited by base615

10 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The problem is that for the next two weeks he's still President, and after that he's still a leader that a decent number of people will follow regardless -- as they demonstrated yesterday. He laps that shit up, and they like his approval.

That's a toxic combination, and as much of it as possible needs to be neutralized, because he can keep throwing shit bombs as long as he's perceived to have power and influence. You may think it's irrelevant, but one person died from that irrelevance yesterday, and others are hopefully going to lose their freedom.

Wendy P.

Well maybe the issue here is less Trump and more that people are idiots can cant separate fact from fiction? If the entire world was nothing but medical doctors, scientists and engineers, I bet many of these issues wouldn't exist.

4 hours ago, Westerly said:

Well maybe the issue here is less Trump and more that people are idiots can cant separate fact from fiction? If the entire world was nothing but medical doctors, scientists and engineers, I bet many of these issues wouldn't exist.

We need the non-doctors, scientists, engineers just as much as they need the doctors, scientists, and engineers. It's fun to come up with easy "if I were king" answers. Usually, those answers really suck -- which is why most autocratic rulers are not remembered as being great.

We need more people to accept that half a loaf is better than none -- right now, everyone is being sold that it's their choice, all the time. It's how the advertising industry gets their money.

Wendy P.