2 2
RonD1120

History in the making

6 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

For those who do not remember or never knew:  Ted Sorensen - Wikipedia

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Sorensen was President Kennedy's special counsel, adviser, and primary speechwriter, the role for which he is remembered best.

Yes, I am not old enough to remember him. But I am aware of who he was.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:15 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Sorensen was President Kennedy's special counsel, adviser, and primary speechwriter, the role for which he is remembered best.

I remember Sorensen but I did not know this:- "Most notably, he was generally regarded as the author of Profiles in Courage".

Seems to me that several current senators would do well to try and emulate those written about in the book.

22 hours ago, ryoder said:

On Thursday, the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors in Phoenix delivered a detailed four-hour livestreamed rebuttal of all the firm’s claims, showing that all, except one involving 50 votes, were either mistaken, misleading or outright false.

That same day, a superior court judge cited the company for contempt after it refused to surrender records of its vote review to The Arizona Republic, which is seeking them under a freedom of information request. He levied a $50,000-a-day fine on the firm until it produces the records.

By week’s end, lawyers said the firm was insolvent and had laid off its employees, including Doug Logan, its chief executive and onetime proponent of a baseless theory that the state’s voting machines had been rigged.

The shutdown was confirmed on Friday by a spokesman, Rod Thomson, who said it was unclear whether the company would declare bankruptcy.

That did not impress the judge, John Hannah, who suggested that the shutdown might be designed “to leave the Cyber Ninjas entity as an empty piñata for all of us to swing at.” The official Maricopa County Twitter account seized on the description, declaring that “an empty piñata is a pretty accurate description of the ‘audit’ as a whole.”

• Like 1