2 2
RonD1120

History in the making

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

You are not a patriot, Ron. Oxford Dictionary definition: A person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors. If you truly supported America you then you support the very processes that combined together make it a country. But you do not. You want things changed to fit your personal likes. That is different. Also, you enjoy complaining and fervently awaiting SHTF and the Apocalypse from the safety of your rocking chair but given the call to arms by Trump to go to the nations Capitol to play act patriot games you stayed home so as not to miss a minute of Brian Kilmeade and Fox and Friends. That was like the big enchilada and holy grail all advertised in advance and approved by your leader and yet you just chilled and waited for others to do your work. You blew it.

It goes beyond that. Ron believes that trump fixed America. That keeping immigrants out and SC appointments made it all worth while. His narrow view through the white church windows misses American international interests.

"Fifty-nine percent of those polled said they believed China will become more powerful than the U.S. within 10 yearsand a majority would want their country to stay neutral in a potential conflict between Washington and Beijing or Moscow."

Ron, these former allies are saying F*#k you, to the US. You're on your own because you're broken and can't be trusted.

"Eighty-one percent of Britons, 71 percent of Germans and 66 percent of the French said the U.S. system is broken."  Above from a poll where 1/3 of Europeans say the US just can't be trusted.

trump has burnt the bridge of friendship and support with every ally. Just like he did with every business partner, every bank, etc. His whole life.

2 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

this should get reported as a threat.  glad you're not too scared to put those threats in writing.  you're not a patriot, you're a terrorist.  the folks calling themselves patriots are in fact terrorists.  you're not gonna go watch the inauguration, are you?  i'd stay away if i were you, you may get accidentally swept into a federal charge just trying to watch history being made...

Thanks for the heads up. Free speech is a threat. Well, we know Big Tech thinks that is true. Oh, I've only gone to DC three times in my life. I do not, will not, attend rallies. I am paranoid in crowds of any size.

3 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Free speech is a threat. Well, we know Big Tech thinks that is true. Oh, I've only gone to DC three times in my life. I do not, will not, attend rallies. I am paranoid in crowds of any size.

Where is the dividing line between free speech and conspiracy? Do you think that conspiracy is a threat, or against the law?

Is America the organization, as laid out by the Constitution and all the offshoots (admittedly hugely complicated), is it the people, or is it only the people you agree with? Do I belong in your America, or only if I keep my big mouth shut?

Wendy P.

39 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Free speech is a threat. Well, we know Big Tech thinks that is true. 

Uh - Ron?  People protesting are an example of people exercising their right to free speech.  Twitter deciding not to carry threats of violence is an example of Twitter exercising their right to free speech.  Our policy here of no personal attacks is Willem exercising HIS right to free speech.

That's the thing that many Trump supporters don't understand.  Free speech applies to everyone - not just them.

(And you do it too.  You won't let someone put a "GO AOC!" billboard in your yard for free.)

51 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Free speech is a threat. Well, we know Big Tech thinks that is true.

SCOTUS has clearly ruled that corporations have the same rights as people in the political arena. They are not required to give voice to even the POTUS if they don't want to. You and everyone else are not required to support Facebook or Twitter. That is what free speech means in the context of the Constitution that you claim to love so much.

30 minutes ago, billvon said:

Uh - Ron?  People protesting are an example of people exercising their right to free speech.  Twitter deciding not to carry threats of violence is an example of Twitter exercising their right to free speech.  Our policy here of no personal attacks is Willem exercising HIS right to free speech.

That's the thing that many Trump supporters don't understand.  Free speech applies to everyone - not just them.

(And you do it too.  You won't let someone put a "GO AOC!" billboard in your yard for free.)

Privilege is in part the feeling (sometimes supported by infrastructure) that some group is more uniquely qualified to make decisions on certain areas by virtue of conditions of birth or social standing. In other words, white men of “traditional” values are better able to determine what America means; women can talk about children and housekeeping. Everybody else can provide opinions on those topics, but the white men feel that the judgment of the merits of those arguments is reserved to them. Because that’s how it’s always been done, and look at how awesome we are. 
So no, the rules don’t apply to everyone equally, because everyone else isn’t qualified to judge “right.”

needless to say, as a woman, I disagree 
Wendy P. 

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Privilege is in part the feeling (sometimes supported by infrastructure) that some group is more uniquely qualified to make decisions on certain areas by virtue of conditions of birth or social standing. In other words, white men of “traditional” values are better able to determine what America means; women can talk about children and housekeeping. Everybody else can provide opinions on those topics, but the white men feel that the judgment of the merits of those arguments is reserved to them. Because that’s how it’s always been done, and look at how awesome we are. 
So no, the rules don’t apply to everyone equally, because everyone else isn’t qualified to judge “right.”

needless to say, as a woman, I disagree 
Wendy P. 

So you are saying:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:51 AM, RonD1120 said:

Considering you like calling peoples employers to try and get them fired for online postings, I wonder if somebody has called the FBI tip line on you yet?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Do you have proof?

In addition, he tried to get the military to pull their contracts with z-hills because TK Hayes (DZ Manager at the time) is a pinko, commie, liberal or some other such nonsense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, okalb said:

In addition, he tried to get the military to pull their contracts with z-hills because TK Hayes (DZ Manager at the time) is a pinko, commie, liberal or some other such nonsense.

Another reason he’s so enthralled with Trump - they’re both enthusiastic members of the cancel culture. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, okalb said:

So TK admitted it.

Edited by kallend

(edited)
2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Considering you like calling peoples employers to try and get them fired for online postings, I wonder if somebody has called the FBI tip line on you yet?

Really? Is that the saga involving Philly

Edited by nigel99

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Nope, different one.

Man it's gotten boring here ]:)

Wendy P.

It's the rules, right. Someone can behave in the most despicable manner and remain a valuable member of the community. Now, on the other hand, if someone calls the person out for the behavior with a spot on accurate description that will be counted as a PA. Relax the PA standard from some arcane formula or stretched interpretation to the use of actual pejorative terms and I reckon things will liven up nicely.

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

Some years ago there was an angry guy on here who threatened by PM to report me to my dean.  I told him to go ahead.

He was banned shortly thereafter.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the whack jobs and the assholes. Sometimes they're one and the same - but they're generally all able to buy guns.

Wendy P.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

It's the rules, right. Someone can behave in the most despicable manner and remain a valuable member of the community. Now, on the other hand, if someone calls the person out for the behavior with a spot on accurate description that will be counted as a PA. Relax the PA standard from some arcane formula or stretched interpretation to the use of actual pejorative terms and I reckon things will liven up nicely.

I wouldn't say valuable necessarily. Just law-abiding enough.

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, okalb said:

2 hours ago, kallend said:

So TK admitted it.

He loaned Fidel Castro his sled to ride.

What more proof do you need?

Yes, that really happened. TK let Fidel ride his sled down a hill a looooong time ago.

This link doesn't mention TK, but he posted an article a while back that named him and had his pic:
http://www.ganderairporthistoricalsociety.org/_html_trans/Castro.YQX.htm

33 minutes ago, kallend said:

Some years ago there was an angry guy on here who threatened by PM to report me to my dean.  I told him to go ahead.

He was banned shortly thereafter.

I had a fellow Canadian PM me and tell me that I must immediately remove my flag ID because I was embarrassing him. I blocked him and have no idea if he is still around.

37 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the whack jobs and the assholes. Sometimes they're one and the same

You are right. Sadly, on this forum you can not call someone a whack job even if they are also an asshole.