2 2
RonD1120

History in the making

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, SHTF is right around the corner?

Trump supporters tried the SHTF thing last Wednesday.  They failed, and a few hundred of them will now be spending time behind bars as thieves, vandals, assaulters and murderers.  Even the ringleader himself was speedily impeached, with none other than Mitch McConnell saying he may support a guilty verdict.

You can't really have SHTF when you have good men of courage willing to stand up to such thugs.   (Even if it does take a few hours - or years - for them to get their act together.)

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

This is complete insanity. Our nation can afford 13 Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier Battle Groups but not snuggies for our troops? It's embarrassing. 

Of course they can.  But as you well know, it's a lot easier to get someone to walk into a building than get a bunch of folding furniture delivered.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, billvon said:

...You can't really have SHTF when you have good men and good women of courage willing to stand up to such thugs.   (Even if it does take a few hours - or years - for them to get their act together.)

FIFY, thanks TriGirl.

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

God's people will stick together.

@RonD1120

Honest question - do you think what happened at the capitol last week was:

1 - justified / appropriate

2 - legal

3 - fake news / antifa setup

3 yes or no answers would be great, although any explanation of 'yes's' (is that a word?) would be appreciated.

Edited by yoink

18 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Evidence that I have seen indicates number 3. Understand, I do not follow any of the MSM sources. I saw videos from people who were there.

Ron, that willingness to ascribe to #3 comes from ignoring all the evidence of Trump supporters both being there and being in key roles. Including the fact that you clearly were excited at the start (based on your post), and all the other posts that I saw on FB wishing they were there. 
It was only ascribed to Antifa after it went wrong. That’s not loyalty. 
Wendy P. 

Evidence that I have seen indicates number 3. 

Funny; the Trump supporters who marched into the building are on video yelling "FUCK ANTIFA!"

Perhaps the Trump supporters they were magically removed before they got to the Capital, replaced with lookalike Antifa crisis actors, then those actors were replaced by the real people once they left.

I saw videos from people who were there.

So did I.  Did you see the "FUCK ANTIFA" video, or did you somehow miss that one?

8 minutes ago, yoink said:

Those were OBVIOUSLY Antifa actors in there as plants, Bill, ACTING like racist, fascist assholes to make it SEEM like they were Trump supporters... Duh.

That makes sense!  They went out and got neo-Nazi tattoos, gained 200 pounds and bought all those flags just to LOOK like typical Trump supporters.  That's the only explanation possible.

As a side note, imagine going back to 1990 and telling people that, 30 years in the future, Arnold Schwarzenegger would be using Conan's sword to condemn Donald Trump for launching an insurrection, led by overweight neo-Nazis and white supremacists, to take over the Capital building and install him as a dictator.  People would say "that's too absurd even for whatever movie you are talking about."

• Like 2

Evidence that I have seen indicates number 3. Understand, I do not follow any of the MSM sources. I saw videos from people who were there.

So basically proud patriots were being led into the Capitol by Antifa and they just blindly followed.

15 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

God's people will stick together.

It's always 'right around the corner' or 'just over the hill'. Similar tactics were used to keep US troops fighting in the Philippines against the Japanese. 

Given how many folks 'rose up and fought' last week (very few, and none outside DC), then 'no'.

14 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Hey, Joe,

The military draws its personnel from the same society it serves.  We have our own issues dealing with personnel who can't treat each other with dignity and respect.  We always say that it is our job to protect citizens' rights to think whatever they want to think, so I don't really take offense to whatever loyalty or motivation is questioned (or touted).  What does worry me as a leader -- now and throughout my career -- is ensuring the personnel under my charge are upholding their own oaths and commitments to the Constitution and the UCMJ, as well as learning to work with their teammates from all walks of life and cultures that make up the country.  It's a challenge, even on the small scale we deal with in the Marine Corps; but it's what we've been charged to do as leaders of Marines.

I may never rid a Marine of his or her bigotry (for whatever they don't like), but I can ensure they act with integrity and respect for the mission, unit, and society we serve.

(Did anyone else hear patriotic music in the background as they read that? Sorry for the recruiting commercial! ;))

Are you in Public Affairs? Or recruiting? You should be.
Nicely put.
Unfortunately, the reality is that the 'people' in uniform are still people. The scandal at Ft Hood revealed a lot of flaws. Hopefully they will be addressed. Hopefully.

14 hours ago, yoink said:

Not only the music, but I got the whole slow motion waving flag thing too!

I am reminded of the National Anthem video they used to play on the local TV station before shutting down late at night (yes, I'm that old).

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

So let me get this straight - 

Trump supporters were screaming that the election was stolen.
They posted their plans all over the internet.
They attended a speech by Trump where he repeated his lies and incited insurrection.
That same crowd then went and attacked the Capitol, intending to lynch Pence, Pelosi and others.
Most of the fools and idiots that have been identified (many of whom are now under arrest) have extensive histories of pro-Trump, Qcumber, anti-Antifa and other things that show they are Alt-Right. 

Yet the attack was Antifa. The same crowd that wants to see Trump deposed and Biden certified as the winner of the election were the ones trying to stop it.

And you actually believe this?
Why am I not terribly surprised?

3 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Trump supporters were screaming that the election was stolen.
They posted their plans all over the internet.
They attended a speech by Trump where he repeated his lies and incited insurrection.
That same crowd then went and attacked the Capitol, intending to lynch Pence, Pelosi and others.
Most of the fools and idiots that have been identified (many of whom are now under arrest) have extensive histories of pro-Trump, Qcumber, anti-Antifa and other things that show they are Alt-Right. 

Yet the attack was Antifa. The same crowd that wants to see Trump deposed and Biden certified as the winner of the election were the ones trying to stop it.

And you actually believe this?
Why am I not terribly surprised?

Actual series of tweets from a Trump supporter:

Antifa2.jpg

As someone on Parlertakes put it, half the people on Parler were posting to say it was Antifa, not them, that stormed the capital.  The other half were posting selfies of them storming the capital.

Notable arrests from the insurrection attempt:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/us/politics/capitol-arrests.html?auth=login-email&campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210114&instance_id=25992&login=email&nl=the-morning&regi_id=118682468&segment_id=49260&te=1&user_id=94f58d5b96ea75e238c5bfb8bc8f5a2c

Includes 2 off duty cops, one now-resigned state legislator, one Olympic gold medalist (swim relay), one son of a New York judge, one New York MTA employee who called in 'sick' (and is facing discipline for that), one retired Air Force LTC and AF Academy grad, and a bunch of idiots who fell for the Q line.

Over 100k tips (not including phone calls) to the FBI. 
Apparently the idea of insurrection to install Trump as dictator isn't as unifying as Ron would have you think.

(edited)

Go look for photos of actual Antifa protests. Here is a link from 2017. Note all the black masks to hide their identities:

https://www.adn.com/opinions/2017/09/05/dont-give-antifa-the-stature-it-craves-dont-give-feds-too-much-power/

Do the MAGAts really expect us to believe that in the middle of a fucking pandemic, Antifa decided to stop wearing masks while doing a false-flag operation???

Edited by ryoder

Former SEAL likely to face some consequences of this.

“I would like to express to you just a cry for clemency, as you understand that my life now has been absolutely turned upside-down,” Newbold told ABC during a contrite 45-minute interview. “I am not a terrorist. I am not a traitor.”

Retired Army Gen. General Raymond A. Thomas III, the former head of U.S. Special Operations Command, was not persuaded by Newbold’s mea culpa to ABC.

“’I’m not a traitor.’ Yeah, you are. And you are a stain on your former profession,” Thomas tweeted on Wednesday.

6 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Why would anyone go through that kind of trouble to make the Trump mob look bad? All they need to do is sit back and watch it happen live on FOX.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Former SEAL likely to face some consequences of this.

“I would like to express to you just a cry for clemency, as you understand that my life now has been absolutely turned upside-down,” Newbold told ABC during a contrite 45-minute interview. “I am not a terrorist. I am not a traitor.”

Retired Army Gen. General Raymond A. Thomas III, the former head of U.S. Special Operations Command, was not persuaded by Newbold’s mea culpa to ABC.

“’I’m not a traitor.’ Yeah, you are. And you are a stain on your former profession,” Thomas tweeted on Wednesday.

I found the first sentence puzzling given it was authored by a quasi military organization with pro military bias.

"It was only a matter of time before one of the insurrectionists who stormed Capitol Hill on Jan. 6 turned out to be a former Navy SEAL."

That it was the damage inside the capitol building and not those killed that led to his personal remorse.

“We are not going down looking for a fight – keep that in mind,” Newbold said in the video before the insurrection. “We are not going down looking for a fight. We are just very prepared, very capable, and very skilled patriots ready for a fight. And we will react without hesitation when called upon to do so.” Who did he think he was going to fight there?

Somehow I think his security clearance is history and along with it his companies $94 million dollar contract with the US government.