2 2
RonD1120

History in the making

9 hours ago, TriGirl said:

2) I went to the link with the .pdf of this release from the campaign.  I know two of those retired Marines -- one to whom I still send holiday cards.  I would be really shocked if they actually were a part of language like that (I'm not saying they weren't, only that I would be shocked).

If someone posted a real version -- say, with a date at the top, perhaps some kind of header, and the actual signatures -- and if it were sourced to be FROM the group (not the campaign), I would be less skeptical.

would it be too invasive to ask said generals if they signed the letter or not?  i don't know your relationship with them, but exchanging xmas cards implies a certain intimacy.  i would not ask you to do something socially unacceptable, just wondering.  would be a quick way to see if it's true or not.  i know a couple of generals at ususoc, but am not on friendly enough terms with them to just ask that, along with not having current contact info.  i saw one a year ago though and we had a conversation reminiscing about the good old days...

I heard on the news that they are doing background checks on soldiers that will be on duty at the inauguration.  There are also a number of police that were at the capitol on the 6th that are now under investigation.  I hope this is not a sign of insurrectionists in the military and law enforcement.

3 minutes ago, NewGuy2005 said:

I heard on the news that they are doing background checks on soldiers that will be on duty at the inauguration.  There are also a number of police that were at the capitol on the 6th that are now under investigation.  I hope this is not a sign of insurrectionists in the military and law enforcement.

NerdGirl posted this on FB this morning:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/01/12/after-deadly-capitol-riot-army-looking-at-which-troops-require-security-screening-ahead-of-biden-inauguration/

44 minutes ago, NewGuy2005 said:

There have been very disturbing indications of this for some time.

Maybe now they're going to take it seriously.

Don't forget that Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were Army buddies.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

There have been very disturbing indications of this for some time.

Maybe now they're going to take it seriously.

Don't forget that Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were Army buddies.

Of course there are insurrectionists and those who would give comfort to them within the ranks of the police and the military. I very much doubt there has ever been a right wing movement anywhere in the world that did not have elements of the security apparatus within it.

Edited by gowlerk

14 hours ago, TriGirl said:

1) this was from September (just putting into context) -- not part of the events of this thread.

2) I went to the link with the .pdf of this release from the campaign.  I know two of those retired Marines -- one to whom I still send holiday cards.  I would be really shocked if they actually were a part of language like that (I'm not saying they weren't, only that I would be shocked).

If someone posted a real version -- say, with a date at the top, perhaps some kind of header, and the actual signatures -- and if it were sourced to be FROM the group (not the campaign), I would be less skeptical.

TriGirl,

What are your thoughts when you read that the true loyalty of our troops is being questioned by the public you have sworn to protect? In full disclosure, I am among those who have serious concerns give the trajectory of things and the numbers of hard core Trump supporters in uniform.

Joe

These photos are emblematic of the damage Trump and his enablers have done to this country.  There is no way such a military presence should be necessary at an inauguration, which should be a celebration of democracy.  I hate it that they have created such an environment of alarm and fear.  It also sickens me that after all this they are playing the "can't we all get along", "let's let bygones be bygones" tune.  Republicans need to be treated as if they are the viper in the story about the "farmer and the viper" (or it's many variants, such as "girl and serpent" etc).

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Ron was right.  This week really was history in the making.  This is going to go down in history right next to the War of 1812 and Watergate.

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, SHTF is right around the corner?

God's people will stick together.

7 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I do. Same as you do. SHTF is always right around the corner. When every last thing you believe is crumbling around you it's time for reflection. Go ahead and cherry pick out abortion, in spite of settled science, and also cherry pick out immigration, in spite of the proven economic benefits and what you have left with us is a bunch of people who just want better for their fellow man. Not because of Jesus but simply because it's the right way to live. We don't need a moral leader because we have a moral compass that shows us the path. That's who Liberals are, Ron. We aren't a pejorative term, we're human beings who want better for each other. All you need to do is take a step back and you will see that truth.

• Like 2

(edited)
25 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Your side and group are essentially domestic terrorists. You aren’t interested in democracy and have given up all pretence of it. 

Allah Akba can be your rallying cry, and maybe the taliban can help co ordinate your terror movement

Edited by nigel99
  • Like 1

God's people support social justice and social equality. Lucifer, AKA Donald trump has led  false Christians to temptation, to evil. Even GOP donors are turning away.

“Lawmakers’ actions leading up to and during last week’s insurrection will weigh heavy in our evaluation of future support. And we will continue to look for ways to support those policymakers who reject the politics of division and work together to move our country forward,” said Emily Seidel, CEO of Americans for Prosperity and senior adviser to AFP Action, the group's super PAC.

Seidel’s statement follows months of the network working to operate more independently of the Republican Party. Billionaire Charles Koch has become increasingly dissatisfied with the tactics and policies of President Donald Trump and did not support him during his 2016 or 2020 election bids.

The Koch move comes after numerous corporate PACs began suspending their donations to Republicans who challenged President-elect Joe Biden’s victory last week. Many of those businesses were acting in response to pressure from clients and customers."

Soon the wheat will be separated from the chaff. The wheat made into bread for all to eat, those who endorsed evil and trump will not enjoy the feast.

6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

TriGirl,

What are your thoughts when you read that the true loyalty of our troops is being questioned by the public you have sworn to protect? In full disclosure, I am among those who have serious concerns give the trajectory of things and the numbers of hard core Trump supporters in uniform.

Joe

Hey, Joe,

The military draws its personnel from the same society it serves.  We have our own issues dealing with personnel who can't treat each other with dignity and respect.  We always say that it is our job to protect citizens' rights to think whatever they want to think, so I don't really take offense to whatever loyalty or motivation is questioned (or touted).  What does worry me as a leader -- now and throughout my career -- is ensuring the personnel under my charge are upholding their own oaths and commitments to the Constitution and the UCMJ, as well as learning to work with their teammates from all walks of life and cultures that make up the country.  It's a challenge, even on the small scale we deal with in the Marine Corps; but it's what we've been charged to do as leaders of Marines.

I may never rid a Marine of his or her bigotry (for whatever they don't like), but I can ensure they act with integrity and respect for the mission, unit, and society we serve.

(Did anyone else hear patriotic music in the background as they read that? Sorry for the recruiting commercial! ;))

• Like 4