2 2
RonD1120

History in the making

50 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Stories coming out now how Acting Defence Secretary did not allow Virginia National Guards to be deployed as requested by congressional leaders and Virginia Governor.

Capitol under siege, coordinated and urged by the president with federal entities refusing backup.

Also to be noted that the DC National Guard were controlled by Trump. They were given explicit instructions not to be provided live ammo or riot gear, would not be used to interacti with rioters except in self defense, and could not share equipment with Capitol Police  unless specifically approved by the Defense Secretary.. Also,  their "quick deploy force" could not  be used except as a last resort.
Lastly, it was Pence and Pelosi that finally got the NG activated, not Trump

3 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

so, does this count as using the military in a coup?  i would think that if the secretary of defense was involved in preventing the use of troops to secure the building, it would count, but am not a lawyer, thank the gods.

A much smarter, and more knowledgeable person than me (nerdgirl for those who remember her from here) posted on FB that, according to what she could find in the US code, there is no definition of what a coup is. 

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Stories coming out now how Acting Defence Secretary did not allow Virginia National Guards to be deployed as requested by congressional leaders and Virginia Governor.

Capitol under siege, coordinated and urged by the president with federal entities refusing backup.

Do you have a source for that story?

(edited)
9 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

From what I have read, Virginia NG has a standing mutual aid contract to provide support  to DC in times of crisis, whereas Maryland did not have the same support contract in place.
 As I understand it, Virginia NG did in fact provide support, but only after Pence and Pelosi personally activated them. Members of Congress tried to activate Maryland NG but were stymied by lack of contract and Sec of Def denying support.
 DC NG which was on scene  during the insurrection  was  not allowed to interact with protestors nor deploy the quick response force due to Secretary of Defense restrictions

Edited by lummy
clarity

8 hours ago, lummy said:

From what I have read, Virginia NG has a standing mutual aid contract to provide support  to DC in times of crisis, whereas Maryland did not have the same support contract in place.
 As I understand it, Virginia NG did in fact provide support, but only after Pence and Pelosi personally activated them. Members of Congress tried to activate Maryland NG but were stymied by lack of contract and Sec of Def denying support.
 DC NG which was on scene  during the insurrection  was  not allowed to interact with protestors nor deploy the quick response force due to Secretary of Defense restrictions

And now, just to increase your cranial pressure, there is rising concern that Trump will pardon the insurrectionists. DC isn't a State so no state charges would be possible. Wouldn't that be just super.

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And now, just to increase your cranial pressure, there is rising concern that Trump will pardon the insurrectionists. DC isn't a State so no state charges would be possible. Wouldn't that be just super.

Who exactly is surprised by this?

Wendy P.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Another reason we need the 25th invoked NOW!!!

On 1/7/2021 at 12:22 PM, lummy said:

If you're on the side of invoking  the 25th, would you resign before the term is up creating more chaos , or would you stick around and be a guiding influence?
  MY opinion is if Chao is resigning now in protest of yesterday, she knows the 25th is off the table

My opinion is that Chao and Devos resigned so that they would not have to vote on the 25th.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

My opinion is that Chao and Devos resigned so that they would not have to vote on the 25th.

Hi heels,

I'm with you.  The R's do not want to take any responsibility as regards Trump.

IMO they feel that an impeachment ( if it happens ) would be for the next Congress with the D's in charge; ergo, no responsibility.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi heels,

I'm with you.  The R's do not want to take any responsibility as regards Trump.

IMO they feel that an impeachment ( if it happens ) would be for the next Congress with the D's in charge; ergo, no responsibility.

Jerry Baumchen

But an impeachment would mean Trump can't run again, thereby removing the albatross from around their neck, so they can run someone in 2024 who is sane. It is in their longterm interest to help convict him in the senate. 

• Like 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, ryoder said:

But an impeachment would mean Trump can't run again, thereby removing the albatross from around their neck, so they can run someone in 2024 who is sane. It is in their longterm interest to help convict him in the senate. 

If they can do that while at the same time leaving it all up to the Dems so they don’t have to hang one of their own, so much the better, from their perspective.

It needs doing, but once again most of the GOP will shirk any responsibility while benefiting from the outcome.

Like I said before, they’re cowards.

Edited by yoink

19 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Derrick Evans resigns W.Va. House after entering U.S. Capitol with mob

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/01/09/derrick-evans-resigns-w-va-house-after-entering-u-s-capitol-with-mob/

Nice to see a perp doing the right thing

Just now, lummy said:

I believe he was charged in federal court  yesterday  for his involvement in the riot

So that would make the right thing pleading guilty to the federal charges.

I spent most of yesterday viewing videos clearly showing that Antifa not only orchestrated the capitol break-in but may have been assisted by the capitol police. 

Ashli Babbitt remains a mystery to me. As a military trained individual, she should have known better than to go with the mob during the breach.

Also, an affidavit from a supposedly high level attorney in Italy states that evidence exists that servers in that country were used to receive and alter election data. Who knows what that means.

Understand this, the body of Christ in America, that is tens of millions of people, are praying that the election fraud will be exposed. Further, the organizing perpetrators will be identified and prosecuted. And finally, that President Trump will rightfully retain his second term.

If that does not happen, we will unite in prayer against the evil that will be the Biden administration.

This is spiritual warfare!

7 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I spent most of yesterday viewing videos clearly showing that Antifa not only orchestrated the capitol break-in but may have been assisted by the capitol police. 

Ashli Babbitt remains a mystery to me. As a military trained individual, she should have known better than to go with the mob during the breach.

More evidence of a total lack of critical thinking skills.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Also, an affidavit from a supposedly high level attorney in Italy states that evidence exists that servers in that country were used to receive and alter election data. Who knows what that means.

Understand this, the body of Christ in America, that is tens of millions of people, are praying that the election fraud will be exposed. Further, the organizing perpetrators will be identified and prosecuted. And finally, that President Trump will rightfully retain his second term.

If that does not happen, we will unite in prayer against the evil that will be the Biden administration.

This is spiritual warfare!

I don't know how to split up the pie as far as what percentage this is amusing vs concerning.