RonD1120

History in the making

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

To Ron's credit, today SHTF.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry, 

Not even close. 

One large insurrection attempt. A couple decent sized armed protests. 

A large number of prominent people on both sides condemning it. I know Illinois Gov Pritzker (sp?) called for another impeachment. 
Nobody seems to think this will prevent Biden from being inagurated in a couple weeks. 

To put it in a bit of perspective, if it turned into a bloodbath and half the people in the Capitol building died (insurrectionist thugs, security & cops, elected officials & staff members)...
The number of people who died from Covid in California today would be higher. 

And, as I asked after the dimbulbs in Michigan were arrested...

What were these thugs trying to accomplish?
What was their end game (making a VERY large assumption that they even had a plan)?

Trump will be leaving on the 21st. Period. If, somehow, they managed to prevent Biden from being declared the winner of the election, Pelosi would assume the office. 

Can't wait to see how many of these idiots get arrested and what all charges they will be facing.

From CNN:

"Some Cabinet members are holding preliminary discussions about invoking the 25th Amendment to force President Trump’s removal from office, a GOP source said."  A few senators have been contacted about this.

Maybe they are in fact developing spines.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

From CNN:

"Some Cabinet members are holding preliminary discussions about invoking the 25th Amendment to force President Trump’s removal from office, a GOP source said."  A few senators have been contacted about this.

Whoa! And I thought the Georgia runoff results were going to be the best news I read all day!

15 minutes ago, billvon said:

From CNN:

Nope. They know it’ll never happen that fast. Opportunism. 
Wendy P. 

“Patriots inside, baby!was the statement from Republican Del. Derrick Evans, who led protestors into the Capitol building.

"he is shown wearing a helmet and clamoring at the door to breach the building in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday....

Mr. Evans, who was elected as a Republican state delegate in November, posted several videos from the events of the day, both narrating and joining in “Stop the Steal” chants with throngs of other Trump supporters. In the video that was deleted, he is among a crowd that shoved up against a door at the Capitol’s east front, some chanting and others loudly singing the national anthem. Those at the front appear to be trying to get inside, while Mr. Evans gives a running commentary on the attempts.

“We’re going in,” he says, at one point turning the camera to show himself wearing a helmet."

Violence for political purpose is defined as terrorism. Guess trump will just have to add his name to the pardon list.

The U.S. Senate voted 93 - 6 to not support the objection regarding the AZ EC votes. The U.S. House of Representatives is still in debate and not expected to vote until 2330 - 0000. 

One Senator did not vote. I assume it was David Perdue who is reported to be in Covid quarantine.

Furthermore, it appears that there will be no further objections to EC votes.

The debates in both houses of the U.S. Congress focused more on the violence today in the Capital rather than voter fraud even though much evidence was stated that the fraud did in fact happen.

10 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

One Senator did not vote. I assume it was David Perdue who is reported to be in Covid quarantine.

Perdue is no longer a Senator, and cannot vote.  His term ended last week, and no certified result is yet available from the runoff election.  Even if he were a million votes ahead, he wouldn't be a Senator until the result is certified.  Of course, he lost and will not be returning to the Senate this term.

Loeffler's term didn't end, and her loss hasn't been certified yet, so she could vote. 

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

To all my American friends. Lessons will be learned, America will rise stronger and some good news to sleep on.

I disagree. I think that is in a death spiral. There are at least 73 Million more Rons out there who are utterly opposed to democracy. 

The root cause has not been dealt with, Trump is simply the face of that side of America. You’re media and outlook is so polarised and toxic and until that is addressed it will only get worse. Just look at the number of politicians who are prepared to contest the results 

1 minute ago, nigel99 said:

The root cause has not been dealt with, Trump is simply the face of that side of America. You’re media and outlook is so polarised and toxic and until that is addressed it will only get worse. Just look at the number of politicians who are prepared to contest the results 

Yup. More than 100 politicians voted to protest results and GOP state media has already pivoted to blame today’s violence on Antifa infiltration of nice Trump supporters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

The U.S. Senate voted 93 - 6 to not support the objection regarding the AZ EC votes. The U.S. House of Representatives is still in debate and not expected to vote until 2330 - 0000. 

The debates in both houses of the U.S. Congress focused more on the violence today in the Capital rather than voter fraud even though much evidence was stated that the fraud did in fact happen.

Yep.  You can thank the rioters for making it clear what they had to decide between.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Zero evidence was stated that fraud did in fact happen. Stating that there is evidence is not the same as stating evidence. Not even close.

• Like 4

TRAITORS:

Those voting against the will of the people:  Senators Josh Hawley of Missouri, Ted Cruz of Texas, Tommy Tuberville of Alabama, Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, Roger Marshall of Kansas, Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming and Rick Scott of Florida.

29 minutes ago, kallend said:

TRAITORS:

Those voting against the will of the people:  Senators Josh Hawley of Missouri, Ted Cruz of Texas, Tommy Tuberville of Alabama, Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, Roger Marshall of Kansas, Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming and Rick Scott of Florida.

You missed about 134 in the House.

10 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Re:  'some good news'

More good news:  'Rep. Omar Says She Is Drafting New Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump'

Rep. Omar Says She Is Drafting New Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump : Protests Halt Congress' Electoral Count: Live Updates : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

how is this good news?  they did it once and look how much good that did.  besides, they don't have time to do it again.  the only way out is to 25th the idiot. 

2 hours ago, headoverheels said:

You missed about 134 in the House.

And how many of them voted NOT to oppose seating their congressional colleagues from the same ballots when Chip Roy brought it up the other day? All but two were two faced weasels, I believe.

9 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I disagree. I think that is in a death spiral. There are at least 73 Million more Rons out there who are utterly opposed to democracy. 

While that may be true. America is hurting and cleansing trumpism will take time. Yes there are more Ted Cruz, trump types out there. Yes they prime the pumps of the gullible.

But I don't think kicking someone when their down is the way.

9 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

There is no evidence. Why is that hard to understand? Do you understand how an affidavit in support of a motion to a court works? Why would Pence, McConnell, their GOP judicial appointments. All of the republican election workers, states republican governors, all say the same thing? That there is no fraud.

trump is the only carnival barker left and its his voice you choose to hear.

1 hour ago, sfzombie13 said:

how is this good news?  they did it once and look how much good that did.  besides, they don't have time to do it again.  the only way out is to 25th the idiot. 

The difference is that now the GOP realizes following an insane moron has cost them the House, the Whitehouse, and the Senate.