2 2
RonD1120

History in the making

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Reportedly, the Virginia Gov is sending 200 state troopers and the Virginia National Guard.

I'm sending lots of Ts and Ps to the brave men and women. I'm sure there are good people on both sides.

"A chaplain prayed as police guarded the doors to the chamber and lawmakers tried to gather information about what was happening."

A woman is in critical condition after being shot in the chest on the Capitol grounds, according to two sources familiar with the matter. The sources could not provide further details on the circumstances of the shooting.

The Senate floor was cleared of rioters as of 3:30 p.m. ET, and an officer told CNN that they have successfully squeezed them away from the Senate wing of the building and towards the Rotunda, and they are removing them out of the East and West doors of the Capitol.

It's not clear if any of the individuals have been taken into custody.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

If you can, tune in to C-SPAN.

So tell me Ron.  Back when you were serving your country, did you ever imagine that one day you would be supporting domestic terrorists trying to take over the US capital, because they were mad they lost an election?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, headoverheels said:

14th amendment. Time to do some purging.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Cori Bush is introducing a resolution doing exactly this.

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well, Ron was right about one thing - this is certainly history in the making.  When's the last time terrorists have attacked the US Capital building?  

It's happening in Kansas(of all places) and Georgia too at their capitol buildings.  

And in true MAGA fashion, not a mask in sight.  Multiple super spreader events.

Hi folks,

One of the reasons why I voted for Biden:

Trump:  This election was stolen from you, from me, from the country.  You'll never take back our country with weakness.’

Biden:  ‘Let me be very clear, the scenes of chaos at the Capitol do not reflect a true America, do not reflect who we are.’

Jerry Baumchen

8 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

One of the reasons why I voted for Biden:

Trump:  This election was stolen from you, from me, from the country.  You'll never take back our country with weakness.’

Coming from the cowardly draft dodger

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Well, Ron was right about one thing - this is certainly history in the making.  When's the last time terrorists have attacked the US Capital building?  

Fortunately it's being guarded by American Heroes like this ass taking a selfie with the terrorists.

Capitol Police Heroes.png

9 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

To all my American friends. Lessons will be learned, America will rise stronger and some good news to sleep on.

Hi Phil,

Re:  'some good news'

More good news:  'Rep. Omar Says She Is Drafting New Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump'

Rep. Omar Says She Is Drafting New Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump : Protests Halt Congress' Electoral Count: Live Updates : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Half a day. Lucky bastard they don't have our Mod's on the job.

Yeah swinging on the end of a rope from a cherry tree.....but I digress.

Evidently trump has put his staff on overtime. Writing up pardons for all of the domestic terrorists who invaded the Capitol building.