1 1
David Wang

Where can I find left handed pilot chute container (rig)?

3 hours ago, CoolBeans said:

I want to see pictures of that invention! Was it one BOC on top of another? Or one BOC with openings on both sides?

(Sorry, I didn't respond to your other question because nwt's answer was correct.)

I'd like to see that, too. If both ends were open, that could be hugely problematic. If the pilot chute got out the wrong end, it would create a pilot chute in tow. If there was enough force to pull the pin, that could create a horrible mess. If the ends had velcro closures, that could impede normal deployment, and the hook side would probably put wear on the bridle. Perhaps they could just tack the one end closed, and pick it to change...

Velcro on both ends, with a piece of 'fuzzy' as a protective cover for the hook piece that's on whatever end is open at the time?

That or two pouches, one on top of the other. One open at one end, one open at the other. Maybe even parallel ones.

Purely guesses on my part. Give me a day or two and I can likely come up with even stranger ideas.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:01 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Velcro on both ends, with a piece of 'fuzzy' as a protective cover for the hook piece that's on whatever end is open at the time?

That or two pouches, one on top of the other. One open at one end, one open at the other. Maybe even parallel ones.

Purely guesses on my part. Give me a day or two and I can likely come up with even stranger ideas.

From what I remember, I believe it was one pouch sewn on top of the other. I think eventually though, we did end up sewing a full length BOC pouch on it, that was open from either end, because the pouches kept wearing out. Both ends were open, and I would just pack it for a left-handed pull whenever I was up to use that rig. The DZO did warn me to beware of hard pulls. I think I may have had a couple in the hundred or so jumps I put on that rig. I don't have any photos of it, unfortunately, and my current rig just has a custom left-hand BOC.