1 1
gowlerk

The Trump 2024 campaign

The very strange thing is, despite losing to the least inspiring opponent ever, Trump is easily the GOP front runner at this point.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/12/27/politics/trump-2024-analysis/index.html

Even stranger is the fact that he could very well win against a more leftish D candidate. Unless he is in jail. Well.....maybe even then.

12 minutes ago, Westerly said:

whatever, that is so far in the future it's a waste of brain power even thinking about it. pointless discussion. CNN is just looking for hard drive space to take up.

I do agree with your take on CNN. It's hard to imagine how they are going to fill up their page if he really goes away.

But they are far from the only ones.

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-unanimous-republican-support-donald-trump-2024-gop-frontrunner-1557441

https://www.amazon.com/Trump-2024-T-Shirt-White-Republican/dp/B07N1J3MFV

Meanwhile, Fox can see the disaster it would be and is pushing back, promoting.....Pence?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/republicans-2024-election-pence-trump

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I do agree with your take on CNN. It's hard to imagine how they are going to fill up their page if he really goes away.

But they are far from the only ones.

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-unanimous-republican-support-donald-trump-2024-gop-frontrunner-1557441

https://www.amazon.com/Trump-2024-T-Shirt-White-Republican/dp/B07N1J3MFV

Meanwhile, Fox can see the disaster it would be and is pushing back, promoting.....Pence?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/republicans-2024-election-pence-trump

Hi Ken,

Re:  'It's hard to imagine how they are going to fill up their page if he really goes away.'

Far too many 'newspapers' now generate that which is not IMO news but simply filler.  I think it is their hope to get responses and keep the BS filling the void(s).

Some of the UK tabloids are perfect examples of this.  You can thank Mr. Murdoch for this.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  IMO Trump is a one & done POTUS.  Give it about a year and we can discuss this again.

PPS)  During the last days of Clinton's presidency, Jay Leno on his TONIGHT SHOW monologue said, 'I'm going to miss that guy.'  Guess why.

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

IMO Trump is a one & done POTUS.  Give it about a year and we can discuss this again.

I hope so. But what I suspect may happen is that he will want to keep the roadshow going. He will have rallies and generate donations. That of course will keep his ego inflated and he will not be able to let go. Barring the always large possibilities of health problems I think he will run again. If he does it's hard to see him failing to get the nomination.

1 hour ago, Westerly said:

whatever, that is so far in the future it's a waste of brain power even thinking about it. pointless discussion. CNN is just looking for hard drive space to take up.

Negative. Attack before the other side is organized. Reduce their effectiveness when calmer voices say wait. Invest in Tesla when Brent say's no. Oh, sorry, I digress.

55 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I hope so. But what I suspect may happen is that he will want to keep the roadshow going. He will have rallies and generate donations. That of course will keep his ego inflated and he will not be able to let go. Barring the always large possibilities of health problems I think he will run again. If he does it's hard to see him failing to get the nomination

Agree, trump and his ego + the easy money of his "America First" PAC($150 million and counting )= a continued series of selfish, self serving events.

He doesn't have a plan. Nobody knows where he will go, do,or say. But he loves the attention. In any case the GOP will pay for letting him in the door. As they should.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Agree, trump and his ego + the easy money of his "America First" PAC($150 million and counting )= a continued series of selfish, self serving events.

He doesn't have a plan. Nobody knows where he will go, do,or say. But he loves the attention. In any case the GOP will pay for letting him in the door. As they should.

Hi Phill,

Re:  'He doesn't have a plan.'

'Trump backs down, signs stimulus package'

Trump backs down, signs stimulus package - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen

I am surprised he hasn't announced his run in 2024 yet. But he is still claiming he won the current election, so he will probably wait until the day after he gets dragged out of the Whitehouse on inauguration day.

It would be a dumbass move to declare early, and true to form would be against the recommendations of many advisors. I read a piece recently that he has much better flexibility in fundraising if he is only exploring a run versus declaring a run. The restrictions and reporting gets much more onerous once he is an actual candidate.

He would probably make it to the ticket because of our terrible primary system. I might switch my party affiliation back from Libertarian to vote against him in a primary.

Too bad we couldn't get a bunch of moderate voters to switch their party affiliation as well, or just show up to vote in the primaries in general, to vote against him in large numbers.

Edited by DougH

(edited)
34 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Why do you hang out on this international forum?

Didn't you get the memo? You can't possibly have opinions on stuff that's happening outside your own country's borders. It's not as though you have any idea what's going on.

Well, yes. There's the 24 hour global news cycle, the smart TV or phone in almost every household, and the internet that provides almost infinite resources of information from anywhere in the world. But other than that you can't POSSIBLY have any real opinion on what's going on a thousand miles away. We don't tell you how to Mountie. You don't tell us how to prosecute our criminal commander in chief!!

GAH. FORENERS. 

;)

Edited by yoink

45 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

Why don't you mind your own Canadian business?

I'm actually curious. 

Do you really think that America is the only country in the world that reacts in some way to us getting a new president or some of the presidential behavior we've seen? Like it exists in a complete vacuum?

Ron may have been right. According to trump Elon Musk was hired to send some ballots into space so they could be "made to "disappear"

9 hours ago, yoink said:

I'm actually curious. 

Do you really think that America is the only country in the world that reacts in some way to us getting a new president or some of the presidential behavior we've seen? Like it exists in a complete vacuum?

Ssssssh he may not be aware of loaded American B-52 bombers flying around the world. US Sanctions, tariffs, embargoes, etc..

Then there is that whole thing of stealthy black helicopters landing in Red Square, on Downing Street and in Ottawa!

9 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Why don't you mind your own Canadian business?

So why does the US get to actually do something about governments it disagrees with (that whole regime change thing in places where we've gone to "police actions"), and Canadians can't even talk about them? Do you really believe that might makes right (the US is mighty), or is it just that it's USA roolz, everyone else droolz?

Either way, the attitude is wrong. Our behavioral boundaries have to end if we expect others' to end as well.

Wendy P.

5 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

So why does the US get to actually do something about governments it disagrees with (that whole regime change thing in places where we've gone to "police actions"), and Canadians can't even talk about them? Do you really believe that might makes right (the US is mighty), or is it just that it's USA roolz, everyone else droolz?

Either way, the attitude is wrong. Our behavioral boundaries have to end if we expect others' to end as well.

Wendy P.

Isn't that thinking.......Un-American?