1 1
tstar

Thinking of doing a Hybrid IAD/AFF Training Scenerio

OK, you don’t have a lot of money for skydiving. The best thing for you would be to drive a little longer so you can afford more,jumps. As a student, 2-3 jumps is a pretty big day. Any more and you will probably not learn much. The mental part.

Staying current is a big part of learning, and if you can afford 3 jumps every weekend at an IAD DZ, but would have to limit jumps and weekends at an AFF DZ because of money, you will progress faster by jumping more at the IAD DZ.

Both methods have their advantages, but what a DZ offers is usually about economics. It makes more sense for a Cessna DZ to do IAD/SL, and it makes more sense for a Turbine DZ to do AFF.

By 50 jumps, skills will be the same.

My home DZ only offers S/L for the FJC, then transition to AFF (or not) after the first jump.

That does make sense, thank you. Your DZ seems to use a logical blend of the two main disciplines for training. Economics are a part but not THE main factor, I have enough for either one but I don't want to waste money that I could use for gear later on... And to be honest, I still think a blend of the two training methods, IAD and AFF makes the most sense to me.

A long drive home after an equally long day of jumping is something I have to seriously consider as well. I was hoping to get more jumps in to be honest, at least four... So two or three is a tough day huh?

To muddy the waters even more, we're considering taking some of my training money and making a long trip to an iFLY facility. My 12 y/o granddaughter will be coming along and is super excited about it.

Do you think that would be money well spent??? Maybe I should make a separate thread about that question...

Tim