gowlerk

Nashville Christmas morning bombing

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

As you can see Joe, it's not worth the effort.

The grudge he's pursuing isn't worth anyone's effort. Did you ever notice how some people who pride themselves on humour lose all sense of it when they're not in control of the joke?

18 hours ago, gowlerk said:

He may have simply been a depressed person ...

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Any new news about the bombing?

Wendy P.

Neighbor: Warner never talked politics; kept to himself and cared for his animals.

Warner never gave any indication of any closely held ideology. 

“I can tell you as far as politics, he never had any yard signs or flags in his window or anything like that. If he did have any political beliefs he kept, that was something he kept to himself. 

Warner had dogs over the years, first two small Shelties and then a larger dog that he adopted, though the pets have since died. Schmoldt said Warner “took really good care of his dogs,” even building a wheelchair ramp for them when they got older so the animals didn’t have to use stairs to get inside the house. 

“If it was him, he didn’t want anybody hurt,” Schmoldt said. “But if that’s the case, what other message is there? If indeed it was him, I just, I don’t know. They have to figure out some kind of motive....

Police in the area moments before the blast said the speakers also played the wistful 1963 song "Downtown" by Petula Clark. The lyric, about going to the city to seek refuge from sadness, echoed down Second Avenue just before the blast: "The lights are much brighter there.”